What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 GF | PREMIERS - Sea Eagles 24-10 Warriors @ ANZ

2011 PREMIERS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shiznit

Coach
i dont wanna sound corny or anything...

but i dunno... i just have this feeling like its almost there destined to do it... as unbelievably fruity as that sounds.

but like i said... there's no logic behind that... they may well get pumped by Des and the boys...

its really just a gut feeling.

blaza88z

Coach
hahaha when has a crowd advantage been an issue for Manly playing away from Brookvale?
The club is built on seige mentality so that sort of thing if anything will spur them on.

How are Manly under siege?

They're playing a team who talked up last week as "glad to be getting another game", meaning in the opinion of the coach, they didn't deserve to be getting that 2nd chance in the first place.

Hasler can come out and boast the underdog tag all he wants but money talks and Manly are strong favorites, they thumped the Cowboys, thumped the Broncos (not on the scoreboard but the game was never in doubt). Win/lose or draw, the Warriors will be a team to watch and I hope they live up to the hype but I can see this being a mismatch, having said that I don't think this "we're under siege" bullshit will get Manly over the line, they should win, they've been consistent all year and have won the big games.

If Hasler takes the "we're under siege" approach, I would love to hear his speech prior to the kickoff as to how exactly they're under siege, it can only be under siege from the NRL in which case it wouldn't matter who their opposition is.

Looking forward to it.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
How are Manly under siege?

They're playing a team who talked up last week as "glad to be getting another game", meaning in the opinion of the coach, they didn't deserve to be getting that 2nd chance in the first place.

Hasler can come out and boast the underdog tag all he wants but money talks and Manly are strong favorites, they thumped the Cowboys, thumped the Broncos (not on the scoreboard but the game was never in doubt). Win/lose or draw, the Warriors will be a team to watch and I hope they live up to the hype but I can see this being a mismatch, having said that I don't think this "we're under siege" bullshit will get Manly over the line, they should win, they've been consistent all year and have won the big games.

If Hasler takes the "we're under siege" approach, I would love to hear his speech prior to the kickoff as to how exactly they're under siege, it can only be under siege from the NRL in which case it wouldn't matter who their opposition is.

Looking forward to it.

hahahaha you obviousy haven't recovered from last Friday night and your head is still fu*king fried.
The seige mentality comes from the fact Manly are a Sydney team and are going to be massively unpopular in a grand final against a team not from Australia!!!!!
How is that not going to create an "us against them" mentality for the Manly team?
I look forward to hearing your stupid response.:roll:
Did I say they weren't favourites? Not me moron. They are favourites and deserve to be.
And please don't have a go at a coach trying to offload the favourites tag. Your state coach has made a fu*king art of it for the last 5 years.
Oh, and I don't think the "we're under seige bullshit" will get them over the line. I was replying to a post saying that not having the crowd behind them was an issue for Manly. They will win because they have a better team across the park and have far more experience.
F*ck off back to Broncoland and dream of a grand final appearance.

Last edited:

SingleSpeed73

Juniors
This is my ideal GF great if the eagles win dont mind if the Warriors break their duck
Besides their fans are pretty decent folk on LU and that makes them 1000x better than some other posters on here

blaza88z

Coach
hahahaha you obviousy haven't recovered from last Friday night and your head is still fu*king fried.
The seige mentality comes from the fact Manly are a Sydney team and are going to be massively unpopular in a grand final against a team not from Australia!!!!!
How is that not going to create an "us against them" mentality for the Manly team?
I look forward to hearing your stupid response.:roll:
Did I say they weren't favourites? Not me moron. They are favourites and deserve to be.
And please don't have a go at a coach trying to offload the favourites tag. Your state coach has made a fu*king art of it for the last 5 years.
Oh, and I don't think the "we're under seige bullshit" will get them over the line. I was replying to a post saying that not having the crowd behind them was an issue for Manly. They will win because they have a better team across the park and have far more experience.
F*ck off back to Broncoland and dream of a grand final appearance.

A Sydney team playing against a New Zealand team in Sydney and will be massively unpopular? Maybe if the fans showed a bit of support it wouldn't be that way, f**k you're an idiot.

I couldn't care less for the state team, we've won 6 in a row.

Oh and it's sIEge, not sEIge, you uneducated halfwit.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
A Sydney team playing against a New Zealand team in Sydney and will be massively unpopular? Maybe if the fans showed a bit of support it wouldn't be that way, f**k you're an idiot.

I couldn't care less for the state team, we've won 6 in a row.

Oh and it's sIEge, not sEIge, you uneducated halfwit.

hahahaha thats the best you've got? Correcting the spelling of a word?
How does the fact Manly are unpopular make me the idiot you absolute oxygen thief?
Your entire argument was that Manly won't have a siege mentality when that is exactly what they will have due to the unpopularity. Then you get your little pink panties in a knot when I point out how dumb your post was that you say they can't because they're from Sydney.:roll:
Bugger off out of a GF thread di*khead. You don't have any business in here :)
As for uneducated, hahaha you'd be surprised. Weren't you the one posting pics of big red cartoon planes crashing into the pentagon a week or two back? hahahahahahahaha and I'm uneducated????
Enjoy the game on Sunday halfwit. Hope you choke on your West Coast Cooler when Manly do a victory lap.
Anyway, good luck to the Warriors and their supporters for the game on Sunday. Should be a cracker!!!

Last edited:

Hutty1986

Immortal
I lost it when I read Dessy's comment sdecsribing the Warriors as "favourites." Is he really that blind or is he just playing it up for the media?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Dessie is a smooth operator. He knows how to play them.

blaza88z

Coach
'Grand final not SOO

This maggot brought up the point about the QLD coach using the underdog's mentality so I pointed out we have won 6 in a row.

Manly won't be doing a victory lap if there's no Manly fans there, in which case you've contradicted yourself.

Don't mess with me kiddo, I will humiliate you in front of all of these people, oh and I actually LOL'd at the fact that you brought up the red plane cartoon, shows how many of you really did take the bait.

:lol:

Hutty1986

Immortal
This maggot brought up the point about the QLD coach using the underdog's mentality so I pointed out we have won 6 in a row.

Manly won't be doing a victory lap if there's no Manly fans there, in which case you've contradicted yourself.

Don't mess with me kiddo, I will humiliate you in front of all of these people, oh and I actually LOL'd at the fact that you brought up the red plane cartoon, shows how many of you really did take the bait.

:lol:

Oh, bait was it?

Molly

Juniors
With the ride the route the Warriors have taken to get there, it just might take its toll Sunday, Tipping Manly to clean up 30+....would'nt be surprised to see a blowout by half time.