What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 GF | PREMIERS - Sea Eagles 24-10 Warriors @ ANZ

2011 PREMIERS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

woodyk2

First Grade
Too much room for a Brett Stewart joke.

I'm rapt we are playing Manly rather than a team I hate - IE Dragons, Storm, Brisbane.

Hopefully it will be a really aggressive, physical game.

Package and Rose to go toe to toe.
There is a bit to much room there! LOL

Hutty1986

Immortal
Too much room for a Brett Stewart joke.

I'm rapt we are playing Manly rather than a team I hate - IE Dragons, Storm, Brisbane.

Hopefully it will be a really aggressive, physical game.

Package and Rose to go toe to toe.

A badly-spelt B. Stewart reference?

Ron's_Mate

Bench
The Warriors had a tough game against the Storm and needed to play with discipline and intensity the whole 80. They will have to do the same against Many, so the Storm performance should give them confidence. All they have to do is put in a similar effort.
On the other hand Manly had a week off and then a relatively easy game against the Broncos, so I don't think their preparation has been as good. They are a professional side but I favour the Warriors overall.

Tommax25

Bench
I think the media and such are either giving the Warriors a little too much credit or manly not enough credit. Sure, the Warriors are a chance to win but I find it hard to think that any neutral fan would put their money on the Warriors. Manly finished 2nd for a reason and the Warriors finished 6th for a reason. I think it might be a bit of a blowout come Sunday.

Parra Pride

Referee
Haters gunna hate, but if you're sitting there tonight and wandering who is going to win...well, there is really only one option. As much as I hate the merkins, Manly will not lose on Sunday night. Let me rattle off some reasons why:

• More big game experience
  • Better Coach
  • Better forward pack
  • More hunger - 'revenge' on the NRL
  • Warriors have already over achieved
  • Manly expected to be here. Warriors see it as a bonus

I could keep going, but the reality is that Manly will win. And that is why i'm not too fussed about missing watching the game live. Could think of nothing worse then watching Matai/Watmong/Snake etc walk around the stadium with the trophy

Enjoy your grand final day guys

Cheers,
Moffo

And with that, the Premiership is decided.

GongPanther

Referee
After a week of deep thought,I'm tipping Manly to win comfortably while the Warriors will get a dose of stage fright and dropsies in the second half.

Too much Grand Final experience will be the most telling factor in what will be an absorbing contest for most of the first half with Manly leading by a comfortable 8 points.

Then in the second half,with Manly still leading,the mistake rate will start to creep into the Warriors game a-la the game V Broncos from a few weeks ago as they try to stage an entertaining game of catch-up park-like football.

I'd be as happy as anyone in the league world if the Warriors can get their first grand final,but alas I'm afraid that the honeymoon will be over unless the rain comes and they can do a "Penrith" from the 2003 Grand Final and restrict the Manly running game.

But then again,Manly have shown that they too can win it tough in the wet.

So,for what it's worth, for the sheer weight of experience in big game matches,there is simply no substitute for the numbers that Manly have.

Manly by 14.

Last edited:

Latest posts