What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

nqcowboy87

Bench
You don't get to watch many games do you?

Looks horrible.

How anybody can stuff up an SOO jersey is beyond me.

exhibit a
Simon2cJohn20tackled20So097_518361_p.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
City v Country are the same again, predom. white for Country, Yellow with blue Vee for City.

hellteam

First Grade
What was the reason behind Country changing to white jersey? They used to be maroon and yellow, yeah?

innsaneink

Referee
Was in Peter Wynns today and having a look at the jerseys, the ISC & CCC brands are really quite average, the cut is crap and the sleeve hems and the hem at the waist is a tacky added on piece of trim...never been worth the money theyve been charging but even less so now.
X- Blades tigers jerseys, the cut and sleeves etc imo are bettr than the other but the material is similar to a paper towel, all perforated holes and strange bumpy texture.
Crap.
Gimme a polo or hoodie any day

thorson1987

Coach
Was in Peter Wynns today and having a look at the jerseys, the ISC & CCC brands are really quite average, the cut is crap and the sleeve hems and the hem at the waist is a tacky added on piece of trim...never been worth the money theyve been charging but even less so now.
X- Blades tigers jerseys, the cut and sleeves etc imo are bettr than the other but the material is similar to a paper towel, all perforated holes and strange bumpy texture.
Crap.
Gimme a polo or hoodie any day

Good to play in though. Except when you are playing at Mittagong on a Sat night in the middle of winter.

That Exiles jumper is something that the NRL should consider as the NRL All-Stars jumper (the NRL logo has the same colours) for the All-Stars game at the beginning of the year. Swap the white with the black though.

Maybe make the V a bit more traditional though. Something like the old Western Suburbs jumper.

docbrown

Coach
Yep,

Personally i would like them to go back to these strips. Even City

JCroker-CountryvsCity.jpg

So would I. I prefer 'V' designs (as long as they aren't cut off by ads) like that.

I said previously that I'd like to see the NSW Blues wear one (dark blue V) but that said I'd actually like to see most of the rep jumpers with V's. I think it could be a good marketing strategy.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The old maroon and gold Country jersey is one of the best designs of all time. I can still see the likes ofWishart, Daley or the chief wearing it.

Bring it back.

Zigwaa

Bench
I like the new Country jersey but also like the tradition of the previous one. Why did they need to change it though?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I like the new Country jersey but also like the tradition of the previous one. Why did they need to change it though?

it's called merchandising, jerkface.. by making changes the die hards will have to buy a new jersey to ensure they have the absolute latest one available..

it's the same reason clubs do it regularly, particularly with "away" jerseys... i think we've had a different one 4 years in a row..

Zigwaa

Bench
it's called merchandising, jerkface.. by making changes the die hards will have to buy a new jersey to ensure they have the absolute latest one available..

it's the same reason clubs do it regularly, particularly with "away" jerseys... i think we've had a different one 4 years in a row..

I know that jerkface. But i was referring to in terms of the Country jersey not being somethig that is a big ticket item in the NRL so is it worth updating?

BTW stop stalking me jerkface.

I know that jerkface. But i was referring to in terms of the Country jersey not being somethig that is a big ticket item in the NRL so is it worth updating?

BTW stop stalking me jerkface.

He can't help it he's wagging off school and his mummy doesn't know.

Latest posts