What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Roosters away (french flag) jersey making it's first appearance today

I really don't like it at all to tell you the truth. Why can't they just wear the white jersey they have always worn i.e. the inverted version of their normal navy blue jersey.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
No problem with the jersey itself (navy or red shorts would've made more sense), but for them to wear it against the Sharks whose jersey is pale blue and white is stupid. The red top part is the only real obvious way to tell them apart.

Unbelievable that certain teams are told to wear away strips in some circumstances, but in the case the Roosters wear theirs when they probably should have.

hellteam

First Grade
I wonder if they would wear it with navy shorts if the other side also didn't have dark shorts? Would look much better

jim_57

Staff member
England Away Jersey:
7ER1AJS1A.jpg

Not sure why they'd need an away jersey, I can't think of any other International team that the white one would clash with. Away one is alot better though IMO.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Agree.
But where were the red socks on friday?

Without a doubt. If you're going to do it then go the full tilt. Like this:

29966_4_1.jpg

But still I love the jersey from Friday. I own one and I barely ever wear my red v anymore (fair enough considering I was originally a Steelers fan).

Tyler Durden

Juniors
This steelers design always should have and always should be our alternate jersey. So much better than some of the other crap we have dished up in recent years. And the butchers stripes or blood and bandages can be used for heritage games.

Hard to argue against - need to also make it a rule that they play in the Illawarra red for all their home games in Wollongong.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Surely a national side doesn't need an away jersey.
The first rule of national jerseys is this: you don't f**k with the design. You tweak it to suit modern technology but you don't mess with the basic design. I understand that England going it alone requires them to come up with a jersey but this thing, and the white thing, looks like something their eurovision contestant would wear.

Yes we have VB on our strip these days, much smaller this year to previous, but the kangaroo jersey is one of the great iconic symbols in RL and Australian sport. If they messed with that there would be a riot. (which I would start). :mrgreen:

beave

Coach
I was in the Cowboys supporters shop on the weekend redeeming my centrebet voucher for a jersey. Was talking to the girl running the joint and she said this is the last year for the cowboys with the NQ Marlins heritage jersey, I asked her what heritage jersey they will be wearing next year and she said she was 95% sure it would be the 1995 throwback................... I pretty much cartwheeled out of there!!! I love the heritage jersey we've been wearing but I think going to the 1995 one will be awesome.

England Away Jersey:
7ER1AJS1A.jpg

Not sure why they'd need an away jersey, I can't think of any other International team that the white one would clash with. Away one is alot better though IMO.

It's just another excuse for people to shell out more money on the away shirt. No other reason.... :roll:

Jason Maher

Immortal
Without a doubt. If you're going to do it then go the full tilt. Like this:

29966_4_1.jpg

But still I love the jersey from Friday. I own one and I barely ever wear my red v anymore (fair enough considering I was originally a Steelers fan).

Exactly. They've either gone white shorts and socks, or red shorts and socks since introducing a red alternate in 2006. Maybe one day they'll catch a picture of an old Steelers player and twig.

I plan on buying a Steelers-style alternate, to go with the 06 "Liverpool" design (which at least looked good) and Steelers retro that I have. Unlike you, though, the Red V is always the first choice. I spent the first few years of the merger hoping for a return of the Steelers one day, but I don't anymore. I agree completely with Wayne Bennett that the merger was the best thing strategically for both clubs, and I hope it continues indefinitely. The only thing that could make it better is the disappearance of the Sharks and the addition of the Shire to our region. :p

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Exactly. They've either gone white shorts and socks, or red shorts and socks since introducing a red alternate in 2006. Maybe one day they'll catch a picture of an old Steelers player and twig.

I plan on buying a Steelers-style alternate, to go with the 06 "Liverpool" design (which at least looked good) and Steelers retro that I have. Unlike you, though, the Red V is always the first choice. I spent the first few years of the merger hoping for a return of the Steelers one day, but I don't anymore. I agree completely with Wayne Bennett that the merger was the best thing strategically for both clubs, and I hope it continues indefinitely. The only thing that could make it better is the disappearance of the Sharks and the addition of the Shire to our region. :p

Don't get me wrong. I'm not one of those old Steelers fans that thought we got rooted and is still whinging. The Dragons were always my second team and I was really excited when I found out we were joining forces. Dragons all the way for me and I have know doubt it was the best option for the Steelers and I love the red v. But I just love the alternate jersey they have at the moment. It looks brilliant.

Latest posts