What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

beagle

Juniors
Found this over at goodscore.com.au

indigenous.jpg

Manly 2011 indigenous jersey

docbrown

Coach
Not sure how much of a joke it was but it seemed that Gould and Fittler were hinting at the Panther's return to the chocolate soldiers brown and white.

Gould knows that identity is everything.

TheDalek079

Bench
i'd cream my pants if the panthers ever returned to the licorice all sorts jersey as their main shirt. or if the warriors returned to their blue jersey. or if EASTS wear the light blue war jersey again on ANZAC Day

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm willing to bet Penrith have completely done away with that teal strip now, they've worn the white one for every jersey clash this season.

beagle

Juniors
I'm willing to bet Penrith have completely done away with that teal strip now, they've worn the white one for every jersey clash this season.

They might wear that teal monstrosity once this year just to appease the people who purchased one

Frailty

First Grade
Don't like the Manly jersey.

Top half is good, but the bottom bit looks like they didn't know how to incorporate aboriginal art so they thought they would draw some fish.

Spitty

Juniors
They might wear that teal monstrosity once this year just to appease the people who purchased one

On the Panthers Interactive Forum there was a vote as to whether we should wear the teal jersey again. It was a fairly resounding victory to the "No" vote. The club hasn't confirmed that we'll never wear it again and personally I think it's a bit unfair to the people who brought one this year. But it seems that's the way it's going.

zman

Juniors
thats what happens when you let your 4 year old design it

You really shouldnt insult Aboriginal art like that, ISC did not design this jersey but an actual Indigenousl artist did and took all the fishes from old rock cravings in Manly. the circles on the jersey are based on Water holes, so i would think twice before insulting Indigenous Art work.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
You really shouldnt insult Aboriginal art like that, ISC did not design this jersey but an actual Indigenousl artist did and took all the fishes from old rock cravings in Manly. the circles on the jersey are based on Water holes, so i would think twice before insulting Indigenous Art work.
Well said sir.

beave

Coach
so we're not allowed to criticize art now because it may have been penned by the indigenous???

f**king stop it.............. art is art, if it's shit, it's shit. End of story.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
so we're not allowed to criticize art now because it may have been penned by the indigenous???

f**king stop it.............. art is art, if it's shit, it's shit. End of story.
Criticize away if you don't like it. My point is that it absolutely insulting to suggest a four year old designed this as this is a representation of ancient sprititually important works.

Tom Shines

First Grade
Criticize away if you don't like it. My point is that it absolutely insulting to suggest a four year old designed this as this is a representation of ancient sprititually important works.

Show me a piece of aboriginal art that doesn't look like a four year old drew it....