What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Obnoxious answer as always, good work.

WTF? How was that obnoxious?

It's always the same weekend, I included that information for extra reference so the poster is more likely to remember next year.

Saint Doc

Coach
"same as every year, blah blah" makes it sound like a stupid question. Im a pretty keen fan and I wouldn't have a clue what round women in league is. Furthermore, heritage round was earlier than usual this year, so even if it was general knowlege that round 16 was women in league round, then it's still a valid question that only needed the date clarified.

Perhaps you wernt intentionally obnoxious but you do have to remember not everyone is as scouting for details like this.

Zigwaa

Bench
Yeah it was a bit of a rude response. Hence why I didn't thank you for the info, because of the unnecessarily rude reply.

I asked because i didn't know off hand and was planning an event for our local side which the pink jersey reminded me.

And no I won't remember next year.

Timmah

Staff member
Being rude wasn't my intention, so thanks for all being rude in return :thumb

Timmah

Staff member
I'm going to assume you're not being facetious, and answer the question :p - some teams wear pink jerseys, there's a few functions benefiting women in league charities, pink NRL balls etc.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I'm going to assume you're not being facetious, and answer the question :p - some teams wear pink jerseys, there's a few functions benefiting women in league charities, pink NRL balls etc.
Yeah, Timmah I am aware. My point was that this pink is lighter and more easy on the eye than the previous efforts.

RedVee

First Grade
Surely a national side doesn't need an away jersey.
The first rule of national jerseys is this: you don't f**k with the design. You tweak it to suit modern technology but you don't mess with the basic design. I understand that England going it alone requires them to come up with a jersey but this thing, and the white thing, looks like something their eurovision contestant would wear.

Yes we have VB on our strip these days, much smaller this year to previous, but the kangaroo jersey is one of the great iconic symbols in RL and Australian sport. If they messed with that there would be a riot. (which I would start). :mrgreen:

They have though.
They widened the Vee, in the 70s it came down from the shoulders.

Pink balls?

on the field? or in a ballroom?

Charlie124

First Grade
I was in the Cowboys supporters shop on the weekend redeeming my centrebet voucher for a jersey. Was talking to the girl running the joint and she said this is the last year for the cowboys with the NQ Marlins heritage jersey, I asked her what heritage jersey they will be wearing next year and she said she was 95% sure it would be the 1995 throwback................... I pretty much cartwheeled out of there!!! I love the heritage jersey we've been wearing but I think going to the 1995 one will be awesome.

f**k yeah! if thats true ill jizz buckets. I also like the heritage jersey we have now but as a fan it doesnt really mean much to me the way a heritage jersey should.

A throwback to our 1995 jersey would be huge provided its not a half-assed hybrid of old/new that doesnt mean anything. Cant wait to see it.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
They'll still play Great Britain just every 4-5 years I think.

This was planned to help the other nations like Wales and Scotland play more Internationals. Dont think it helps much now since England have picked players who have represented Scotland at the last WC. But it'll take time and eventually people will get used to "England".

Dont know about an away jersey wouldnt really clash with anybody. We dont often get International RL teams playing an alternate strip. Samoa had one, when they clashed with France at the last WC. I think Ireland wore yellow against Lebanon in their WC qualifiers and France on occassions used to wear white .

I recall New Zealand wearing the white strip at a PNG tour.

The only time that Australia probably ever wore one was in 1963 against South Africa who wore green. Australia went back to wearing the old maroon and blue jumpers for those two tests.