What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Version 6

Staff member
From what i have heard, we are getting new jerseys for 2012. I heard that we could possibly bring back the V.

Warriors have gone down the path of Penrith in recent times of getting fairly ambiguous with colours.

Off the top of my head, they have at various points been
-Blue, Green, Red and White;
-Black, Blue, Red and White;
-Black and Grey;
and now,
-Black and White.

Would like to see them pick a colour scheme and stick with it.

beave

Coach
I honestly think this is the colours the Warriors should be using

LNZW-Retro-95-300.jpg.jpg

Just on a slightly different topic. I've been wishing that someone would start up a jersey history site, in the way way as footyjumpers.com (AFL) & http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/

But in the mean time, I've found this in Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Rugby_league/Team_jerseys

And no offence to whoever has taken the time to come up with these, but my god there are so many errors it's not funny. I mean if you were going to do it, why not do it properly? I don't have to time due to work and family commitments at this stage, and a lack of graphic software doesn't help and how to build an interwebs site..!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Raiders jersey is nice, don't mind it - but FMD, those socks are stupid.

Zigwaa

Bench
That is very odd. Andy Ryan's last game before retirement and he'll be wearing some ridiculous Star Wars black and blue jersey. Good way to send him out :sarcasm:

Any pics of the jersey?

axl rose

Bench
Wow that's embarrassing.

The amount of different jerseys in general is out of control, one year Tigers had 6 variations. I'd like to think the Independent Commission would put some sort of restriction on it. While they are at it clubs really dont need orange socks for read a book week, green socks for hug a tree week, etc either

Version 6

Staff member
The amount of different jerseys in general is out of control, one year Tigers had 6 variations. I'd like to think the Independent Commission would put some sort of restriction on it. While they are at it clubs really dont need orange socks for read a book week, green socks for hug a tree week, etc either

But the Tigers at least go to the trouble of masking their whoring, with home, away and heritage strips.

But Avatar and Star Wars strips are such blatant whoring that it makes me laugh so hard I vomit.

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
The Avatar jersey actually looked good and was a hit, here is hoping the Star Wars jersey will be the same.

The thing that some people might be missing is it is fantastic that this club is pulling in such high profile sponsors to the game.