What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The problem with them being with a supplier like ISC is that ISC look after 7-8 clubs themselves, and have to release their retail catalogue by a certain time I guess.

That, or the Cowboys should've pulled their finger out sooner... :p

beave

Coach
yeah, totally understand. Hopefully they will be available to buy before xmas............................

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Fantastic jerseys all round (apart from Canberra's alternate and Penrith's away but that's another story).
Manly alternate strip is particularly well done.
Canberra jersey is excellent, this year is the year I update.

Patorick

Staff member
Fantastic news, the ridiculous lines on the NSW Blues jersey are gorn!

Still waiting on a major sponsor though:

Classic%20Licensees%20SOO%20Jerseys%20Cat_20111899.jpg
No more John Symon front and center!!
:cool:

Desert Qlder

First Grade
While I'm glad that NQ have tidied up what was a terrible jersey, it looks from those images that they've just copied the Titans. It's eerily similar.

Jerseys across the competition are slowly improving, Parra, Manly, Canterbury, Saints, Easts, Brisbane, Canberra all look the goods. Newcastle though is the disappointment, what trash that is!

Why, with Parra's jumpers, does the home jersey have the stripes across the chest whereas the alternate does not? I thought it was supposed to be a straight reversal.

nqcowboy87

Bench
given the raiders recent problems with alchohol is it wise for them to be sponsored by both the tradies club and liqour land

100%green

Juniors
Most of the ISC ranges have and or will be up on the Jerseys Megastore Facebook page by the end of the week. With any luck Blades, Reebok and Kooga as well.

skeepe

Immortal
Fantastic jerseys all round (apart from Canberra's alternate and Penrith's away but that's another story).
Manly alternate strip is particularly well done.
Canberra jersey is excellent, this year is the year I update.

What are you on about, Canberra's alternate is brilliant.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
What are you on about, Canberra's alternate is brilliant.
You're right, a jersey that is predominantly black (or is that 'charcoal') is brilliant to represent a team that's colours are predominantly green with some white, blue and yellow. Maybe we should just wear it all the time, and be called the charcoal machine.

Last edited:

meltiger

First Grade
You're right, a jersey that is predominantly black (or is that 'charcoal') is brilliant to represent a team that's colours are predominantly green with some white, blue and yellow. Maybe we should just wear it all the time, and be called the charcoal machine.

I take it you don't like the away jersey?

It's meant to be an alternate / different to the home strip.

Remember the terrible white things they wore for a while?

Trust me, coming from someone who doesn't even like your club all that much, the alternate is very impressive. Like it alot.

As for NSW, agree Tim that the jerseys are an improvement, but for gods sake, get the navy blue off our jersey. We are SKY BLUE FFS!

Thinking of picking up that 1928 Australian replica, I usually wear the 1908 one, but that 1928 one is awesome

Last edited:

Pierced Soul

First Grade
I hate the yellow Eels jerseys, we look like budgies

appropriate for how the team goes

Apparently Pain Away is still the sleeve sponsor and back of jersey sponsor for Parra. We'll wait and see. Regardless, a few minor changes compared to the heritage. Pirtek in yellow not white, and Pain Away in the box, not on it's own

I thought people said pain away went bust?

that NRL All Stars design is better than the first one though i'm not sure about the colour scheme

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I take it you don't like the away jersey?

It's meant to be an alternate / different to the home strip.

Remember the terrible white things they wore for a while?

Trust me, coming from someone who doesn't even like your club all that much, the alternate is very impressive. Like it alot.

As for NSW, agree Tim that the jerseys are an improvement, but for gods sake, get the navy blue off our jersey. We are SKY BLUE FFS!

Thinking of picking up that 1928 Australian replica, I usually wear the 1908 one, but that 1928 one is awesome
I do not like the alternate strip. A wonderful design maybe, but it does not say Canberra Raiders to me.
But I appreciate that it is only an alternate and so will only be worn when it clashes with another jersey when we are playing away from home, which because of our colour scheme should be souths only. As we play souths at home this year, in theory we should wear the green jersey in all our matches, bar heritage and charity rounds.

Latest posts