What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
With the exception of the Cowboys, ISC jersey images have been restored in posts 534-538 :)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Where’d all of the jerseys posted by Timmah go? Did someone take them down because they weren’t supposed to be out yet?

NQ’s new home jersey looks great, simpler really is better.
Looks like one of the ISC dealers leaked the Cowboys jersey too early, but these images are gone now. The other ISC jerseys have been restored as Timmah said. ISC have requested an embargo on the Cowboys jersey. I understand it will be launched early next month, December 7th.

beave

Coach
geez, I didn't see that coming.............................. I knew they would have a tanty.

bobmar28

Bench
RE: the Raiders alternate jersey "not screaming Raiders"... the point of an alternate jersey is essentially to offer a complete contrast to the main jersey. The jersey still has green in it. Imagine supporting Arsenal - have you seen their clash strip?

The point of an alternate jersey is to offer a complete contrast to the home teams colours.

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
lol @ AlwaysGreen acting like a princess

No one is attacking you, just asking questions.
Your definition of a princess and mine are obviously different. Your definition seems to be anyone who answers questions in a rational manner.
My definition is multidimensional but includes anyone who puts the inane 'lol' in every second post.

Timmah

Staff member
The point of an alternate jersey is to offer a complete contrast to the home teams colours.
Not really, it's more to have two contrasting jerseys by which they can be chosen between if there's a perceived clash by the NRL. It would be stupid to have two identical jerseys as main and alternate.

And before anyone mentions Souths - jerseys on their own don't look terribly different but with the shorts it does make a huge difference.

RedVDave

First Grade
00007846-image.jpg

00007847-image.jpg

00007848-image.jpg

The last two Sharks jerseys look pretty good but that first is absolutley hideous.

bobmar28

Bench
Not really, it's more to have two contrasting jerseys by which they can be chosen between if there's a perceived clash by the NRL. It would be stupid to have two identical jerseys as main and alternate.

And before anyone mentions Souths - jerseys on their own don't look terribly different but with the shorts it does make a huge difference.

That would be one team jersey which is the way it used to be.

hellteam

First Grade
Many and Parra's home and away jerseys are great. Absolutely hate Penriths ones, they are shocking (same as last year though). Souths look ugly, like one of those cheapo ones you buy from Lowes and Best and Less.

Spitty

Juniors
Saw the new Panthers home jersey in person today.

Up close you can see the charcoal stripes on the side and the charcoal under the arms, but at a distance it just looks black. Plain black with the sleeve and collar colours re-arranged slightly.

I was tossing up what jersey to buy, but now I've seen the new one in person, I'm more determined than ever to buy a heritage liquorice allsorts jersey and encourage all other Panthers fans to do the same.

The less said about the away jersey the better.

Awesome. I hate both the jerseys my teams playing in next year, add the pink panther jersey to that and I'll only really be happy in heritage round.

Timmah

Staff member
Brisbane's jerseys look to be confirmed - real versions now appearing in NRMA ads as opposed to the photoshops we've seen:

00010808-image.jpg

Timmah

Staff member
I think they've listened to fans about integration... finally.

beave

Coach
I'm just worried now that the Cowboys jersey got leaked early they will change it at the last minute to something else that will be horrendous, all in the name of the 'grand revealing' ceremony.............

this isn't the first time a leaked jersey has happened to us, in 1999 when FILA were our jerseys maker, they released an early version which was $hit hot just before xmas for people to buy, when the club found out about it, another version was requested which ended up being that disgraceful one we used for 3 years that had 'overflow' as the main sponsor (had the horns on the back shoulder blades). I will put up a pic of the decent one tomorrow as I'm a bit too busy at the moment, about to watch the Fury pump the Roar ;-)

A little birdy tells me that the Cowboys hadn't signed off on this current one officially and were pissed off and told ISC to pull it (and the thread on the stampede board), again I pray they stick with that one as I think it was on the money. I hadn't really heard many complaints about it, they should use this incident as free feedback FFS.................

Smiley

Bench
Now we just have to piss WOW off the sleeves and it would be a decent jersey.

I think the Broncos will also have a new top back sponsor with coffee club no longer listed under sponsors on the Broncos website.