What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
no sponsor for souths?

It will be announced on the Oprah Winfrey show in Sydney, as I have been lead to believe. That may not be the case, but we do have a home jersey sponsor set to be announced reasonably soon to go with DeLonghi, who will remain as our away jersey sponsor.

meltiger

First Grade
I do not like the alternate strip. A wonderful design maybe, but it does not say Canberra Raiders to me.
But I appreciate that it is only an alternate and so will only be worn when it clashes with another jersey when we are playing away from home, which because of our colour scheme should be souths only. As we play souths at home this year, in theory we should wear the green jersey in all our matches, bar heritage and charity rounds.

Does Brisbane's white jersey scream Broncos?

But yeah, no reason for Canberra to ever need to wear anything bar the main strip unless playing Souths, agree.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Most of the ISC ranges have and or will be up on the Jerseys Megastore Facebook page by the end of the week. With any luck Blades, Reebok and Kooga as well.

The ISC ranges are all up on goodscore.com.au already, and were posted on the previous page.

Timmah

Staff member
RE: the Raiders alternate jersey "not screaming Raiders"... the point of an alternate jersey is essentially to offer a complete contrast to the main jersey. The jersey still has green in it. Imagine supporting Arsenal - have you seen their clash strip?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Does Brisbane's white jersey scream Broncos?

But yeah, no reason for Canberra to ever need to wear anything bar the main strip unless playing Souths, agree.
I don't care what the brisbane jumper screams for I'm not a broncos fan. I don't like my team's alternate strip,but I'm not on a crusade to convince people of its merits or otherwise its just my opinion on its look.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
So what do you suggest they wear as an alternate strip?

Green?

lol
Again, there is no crusade here. I don't like the strip. My opinion. Nothing else.
Again, an alternate jersey should be worn only when its needed to be worn, in Canberra's case almost never. If they wear this alternate strip on these occasions so be it.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Where’d all of the jerseys posted by Timmah go? Did someone take them down because they weren’t supposed to be out yet?

NQ’s new home jersey looks great, simpler really is better.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
RE: the Raiders alternate jersey "not screaming Raiders"... the point of an alternate jersey is essentially to offer a complete contrast to the main jersey. The jersey still has green in it. Imagine supporting Arsenal - have you seen their clash strip?
Souths alternate strip certainly abides by this principle.

I'm sorry if I'm not falling in line worshipping Canberra's alternate jersey. If other fans want to then they can as it is their right, just as it is my right not to.

Timmah

Staff member
Scott Gourley's Lovechild in answer to your question:

x Blades for Cronulla and Newcastle have already been released - www.sharks.com.au and www.kossports.com.au

The Warriors and Canterbury (both with CCC) have already released their gear, around 100-200 or so posts back.

All the ISC teams (Canberra, Manly, NQ, Parra, Penrith, Souths, Sydney) have been released but suddenly and inexplicably embargoed... although they are available on other websites I believe.

The NSW, QLD and Australian strips have all been released in this thread.

That leaves Brisbane (nike), Titans (adidas), Storm (KooGa), Dragons (Reebok) and Tigers (x Blades) to be released - no ETA on any of them unfortunately.

100%green

Juniors
Have just seen the:

Rabbitohs Away jersey, Polo and both training Tee's and Singlets
Manly Polo
Panthers Away Jersey
Roosters Home Jersey
Eels Home and Away Jerseys
and caps for the above

All came into Jerseys in Canberra and look very nice up close!!!!

Timmah

Staff member
Has the Souths stuff all come in without sponsors as with the ISC images?

nqcowboy87

Bench
It will be announced on the Oprah Winfrey show in Sydney, as I have been lead to believe. That may not be the case, but we do have a home jersey sponsor set to be announced reasonably soon to go with DeLonghi, who will remain as our away jersey sponsor.

i cant wait for her to say

"and here are the south sydney rabbitooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhs"

Timmah

Staff member
Taking the piss? No.

Forgot to change coding? Yes. Up until two weeks ago, that link went to our logo and our apparel page. We're now with Canterbury Clothing.

Referring to my previous posts regarding the removal of ISC jerseys, I believe that is due to the Cowboys images, which they do not wish to reveal yet. I'll work on getting the rest of the images re-posted if possible.

Timmah

Staff member
Did Canberra lose CFMEU as major sponsor or is 'The Tradies' and CFMEU one in the same
Correct. Same company. On some of their media merchandise I've seen, Tradies is on the chest while CFMEU appears on the collar.

Latest posts