What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

RedVee

First Grade
I agree with others that the licqourice all-sorts throwback is by far the best jersey and should be their main jersey (like how they've included the throwback logo as well).

I agree that was a top jersey, much better than most they have used. They could throw in the white with brown shoulders as an alternate/heritage jersey, that was pretty good for the brown era and was proudly worn in finals.

beave

Coach
I dont see the connection at all from those pics mate. They look nothing like the current Penrith jerseys

6326.jpg

stephen-davis-carolina-panthers-autographed-blue-jersey-3345398.jpg

of course they aren't exactly the same mate, the crux of my argument is that there was nothing wrong with the Panthers scheme/colors of the early '90s. During the SL era, they used a highly morphed version and it looked $hithouse. I just think they don't need to copy or take influence from the NFL Panthers at all and stick to their own Licorice all sorts colours, nostalgic reasons aside, it just looks tough and highly pleasing on the eye that throwback jersey....... well to mine at least. I reckon they would sell a $hit tin of them if they used it full time.

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
On the panthers and teal this is from the panthers page on wikipedia:

"The inception of Teal into the colour palet of Panthers links directly back to the unique colour their 2nd division jerseys had before brown and white. Although the jerseys and club colours were officially blue and white the actually jerseys had faded and were uniquely teal in colour."

As it is from wikipedia it is probably a crock of s*8t, anyone know anything more?

beave

Coach
i remember reading somewhere the Panthers were sh*tty at Cronulla for using blue back when both clubs were admitted into the comp as I think Penrith's rep colours were blue and yellow?? someone with more knowledge (Sean) might be able to clarify, but they had to choose another set of colours to go with for their first season and brown and white was chosen.

Joker's Wild

Coach
6326.jpg

of course they aren't exactly the same mate, the crux of my argument is that there was nothing wrong with the Panthers scheme/colors of the early '90s. During the SL era, they used a highly morphed version and it looked $hithouse. I just think they don't need to copy or take influence from the NFL Panthers at all and stick to their own Licorice all sorts colours, nostalgic reasons aside, it just looks tough and highly pleasing on the eye that throwback jersey....... well to mine at least. I reckon they would sell a $hit tin of them if they used it full time.

I still dont think there is a real link there mate aside from the "Panthers" name. Teal is pretty unused in the NRL and it was more likely a management decision to incorporate it for that reason, rather than them copying from an NFL team.

beave

Coach
was at a local sports store up here this arvo, Cows are defintley getting a new home jersey for next year. The collar is going small like everyone else and the design is more simpler, he didn't have any pics for me but he's seen the early mock up and reckoned it was a lot better than the $hit we've had for the last few year. Also said that the heritage jersey for us is goooooooooooooooooooooone which is a shame....................... thank god the bulls head will be gone.

Charlie124

First Grade
was at a local sports store up here this arvo, Cows are defintley getting a new home jersey for next year. The collar is going small like everyone else and the design is more simpler, he didn't have any pics for me but he's seen the early mock up and reckoned it was a lot better than the $hit we've had for the last few year. Also said that the heritage jersey for us is goooooooooooooooooooooone which is a shame....................... thank god the bulls head will be gone.

2011 is really shaping up to be a "fresh start" year for the Cowboys club with all of the changes going on up there, sh*t i cant wait!

Massive cleanout of deadwood players (14 of our 2010 squad is gone)
Some really, really smart signings in key positions (Tate, Johnson, Winterstein, Fai Fai Loa, Cooper etc..)
More money in the bank to spend on a top tier forward and/or established halves partner for Thurston.
New Jersey.
Changes right at the top (Parr)

applesauce

Bench
In a perfect world Charlie all 3 QLD team will have a great year next year and in 2012 Wests, Canterbury, Penrith and Parramatta all kill it :p

LESStar58

Referee
Ben's image will be on the left sleeve & strong word is Marion Jones will be taking up the spot on the right.

Actually, according to our new CEO our current sleeve sponsor, Suzuki, have increased their sponsorship. Wether or not this means they move from sleeve to front or back remains to be seen...

Saint Doc

Coach
I like the idea of the dogs jersey, except the sleeves need to be the same colour and the the V's should extend to the shoulder rather than the roosters style of "bib".

Nice effort though

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Completely agree but we're talking about CCC, it's likely we'll get the teardrop.

hellteam

First Grade
Completely agree but we're talking about CCC, it's likely we'll get the teardrop.

I've seen some jerseys lately (in NZ rugby championships) and in European rugby where the CCC jerseys don't have the teardrop, it could be their new 'template', so you might get lucky and avoid the stupid collar..

New designs below that showcase new collar, I like them a lot, big improvement.

2632lrg.jpg

northland-2010-replica-jersey-front_3.jpg

Jankuloski

Juniors
Canterburry teardrop makes baby Jesus cry.. I hope they go retro.. something to go with the new/old logo..

I think all clubs should go retro! Parra jersey from this year is a beauty, very dignified, loved it!

Imagine that Penrith retro on Petro! XD Seriously, they would actually look like they have an identity..

In fact.. I really hope someone goes all out crazy:

that one is a beauty.. I realize it's never going to happen now because we need tight jersey with rubber sh*t on it high tech mambo jumbo.. but maybe take inspiration from it..

Spitty

Juniors
6326.jpg

I see your argument beave but anyone that's seen our away jersey in person can testify that it actually looks greener than it appears in pictures. Those jerseys do look similar but in person they look much different.

All of us who are fans of the licorice allsorts jersey will have the chance to see whether it's the right jersey to go with or not. It's been revamped and will be on sale soon. I can easily find out if it's selling well or not. If it sells well, we're all right and it should be the home jersey. If it doesn't we're wrong. Simple.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
I see your argument beave but anyone that's seen our away jersey in person can testify that it actually looks greener than it appears in pictures. Those jerseys do look similar but in person they look much different.

All of us who are fans of the licorice allsorts jersey will have the chance to see whether it's the right jersey to go with or not. It's been revamped and will be on sale soon. I can easily find out if it's selling well or not. If it sells well, we're all right and it should be the home jersey. If it doesn't we're wrong. Simple.

If it doesn't sell well it's because it hasn't been marketed properly, and or people in Penrith are idiots.

queenslandfan

Juniors
Sometimes I wish I was a panthers fan so I could wear some of these jerseys. The allsorts jersey is by far the best heritage jersey i've seen, and that's saying something cause I was a huge fan of the chocolate soilders one.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Usually a lot of news and pictures come to light after the season concludes. Mid-late October in particular.