What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

flippikat

Bench
Assuming the 3 year rule still applies to jerseys, do we know how many years each club's current jersey has been used?

What we need is a list of each club, and how many years their home and away jerseys have been the same.. Then we will have a clearer picture of what could be changing next season.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Team, type - year commenced

Broncos, main - 2010
Broncos, alt - 2010

Bulldogs, main - 2007
Bulldogs, alt - 2007
*changing supplier to (likely) CCC

Raiders, main - won't change, doesn't matter
Raiders, alt - 2010

Sharks, main - 2010
Sharks, alt - 2008 (fans voted on 3 options for 2011, def. changing)
* changing supplier to X Blades

Titans, main - 2010
Titans, alt - 2010

Manly, main - 2009
Manly, alt - 2008

Storm, main - 2010
Storm, alt - 2010

Knights, main - 2008 (def. changing)
Knights, alt - 2010
* changing supplier to (likely) X Blades

Cowboys, main - 2008
Cowboys, alt - 2010

Warriors, main - 2009
Warriors, alt - 2009

Eels, main - 2007
Eels, alt - 2008
* main jersey almost certainly changing

Panthers, main - 2008 (slight change for 2011)
Panthers, alt - 2010

Dragons, main - decades
Dragons, alt - 2010, however have been granted permission to change apparently...

Rabbitohs, main - 2007
Rabbitohs, alt - 2007

Roosters, main - 2010
Roosters, alt - 2009

Tigers, main - 2008
Tigers, alt - 2008

Timmah

Staff member
and I'm pretty sure the rule for alternate strips is only two years.

flippikat

Bench

Warriors, main - 2009
Warriors, alt - 2009

Shame that the Warriors still have another year of that HORRIBLE Canterbury template.

We know that Canterbury can do other designs (see the ITM cup rugby jerseys they've done this year).. so how about getting some sort of consession from the NRL to tweak the design a little so it doesn't look like a wetsuit?

Oh, and add a little dark blue in there too - It'd to distinguish them from the Kiwis, and it puts a little more of Auckland in the strip..

Plus, no other NRL team has a dark blue, black and white colour scheme.

flippikat

Bench
Would you mind posting some examples?

Ok, here's some examples of teams in their new Canterbury kits in New Zealand's ITM Cup Rugby.

Note: Last year ALL of these teams has variations on the Warriors-style 'Teardrop' template, and it made for horrid watching.

Wellington (in Black) v Northland (Cambridge Blue)

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/x5kH_7yL85e/ITM+Cup+Rd+5+Wellington+v+Northland

Otago (Blue & Gold) v Southland (Maroon, White & Gold) - Both wearing new Canterbury kits

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/xKnu...Southland+v+Otago/7HQYQ_mxENL/Robbie+Robinson

Auckland (blue & white) v North Harbour (Black, White & Maroon)

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/VgcIe4krwoN/ITM+Cup+Rd+1+North+Harbour+v+Auckland/0Ux1s0Nsh1J

Now if Canterbury can come up with something like these for the Warriors it would be a welcome change! Extra points for getting a third colour into the strip (hey, it's the Warriors, not the Kiwis!)

Last edited:

Spitty

Juniors
The 3 years home and 2 years away rule is definately still in existance. I've confirmed this through the Panthers club.

flippikat

Bench

Broncos, main - 2010
Broncos, alt - 2010

Bulldogs, main - 2007. -----able to be changed
Bulldogs, alt - 2007. -------able to be changed
*changing supplier to (likely) CCC

Raiders, main - won't change, doesn't matter
Raiders, alt - 2010

Sharks, main - 2010
Sharks, alt - 2008 (fans voted on 3 options for 2011, def. changing)
* changing supplier to X Blades

Titans, main - 2010
Titans, alt - 2010

Manly, main - 2009
Manly, alt - 2008. ----- able to be changed

Storm, main - 2010
Storm, alt - 2010

Knights, main - 2008 (def. changing)
Knights, alt - 2010
* changing supplier to (likely) X Blades

Cowboys, main - 2008. ------ able to be changed
Cowboys, alt - 2010

Warriors, main - 2009
Warriors, alt - 2009

Eels, main - 2007. ----- able to be changed
Eels, alt - 2008. ------ able to be changed
* main jersey almost certainly changing

Panthers, main - 2008 (slight change for 2011)
Panthers, alt - 2010

Dragons, main - decades
Dragons, alt - 2010, however have been granted permission to change apparently...

Rabbitohs, main - 2007. ------ able to be changed
Rabbitohs, alt - 2007. ------ able to be changed

Roosters, main - 2010
Roosters, alt - 2009

Tigers, main - 2008. ------ able to be changed
Tigers, alt - 2008. ---- able to be changed.

Here's the list again with those strips that could be changed highlighted

Interestingly the Tigers and Rabbitohs have both had 3 seasons in their current strips, so the option is there to re-vamp their look

Timmah

Staff member
I doubt the Rabbitohs will change a thing apart from maybe sponsors.

Timmah

Staff member
Raiders definitely sticking with ISC and the current home strip for 2011, but they're asking fans to design the 2012 home strip, and from 2012 onward the current home strip will stay on as Heritage strip.

Only change for them in 2011 looks to be "The Tradies" logo replacing the CFMEU across the front of the jersey, possibly.

TheDalek079

Bench
somebody on the Roosters site said they went to wynn's store yesterday, and the salesman said Easts were wearing a heritage jersey for the GF, which will be our home jersey next year. Not too sure whether the last part is correct though. IMO they'll stick with the bib

WK6SYDGMD_sundayshirt.jpg

Saint Doc

Coach
They've been wearing the heritage jersey all week in promo photos, the team photo etc.

They wore heritage against panthers two weeks ago.

They wore heritage design both times against us this year.

Bet your house on the heritage jersey!!

Timmah

Staff member
Given the ad above that says it officialy is, I would too :p

Def. looks better. Although they're forgetting the Grand Final logo on the Telstra Premiership patch.

Nuke

Staff member
I have got this from another forum. This is apparently (unfortunately) Newcastle's new main jersey.

2011jersey.jpg

I have to say, I am not a fan. Neither, it seems, are the majority of the other posters who have commented so far.

Nuke

Staff member
Incidentally, congratulations to the Roosters for choosing that jersey for the Grand Final. It will be great to see another GF where both teams get to wear their preferred choice of jersey. There have been a couple of GF's in recent years where one team has had to wear their alternate jersey on the biggest day of the footy year ... and I -again- am just not a fan of that. So well done St.George-Illawarra and Sydney for looking their best on the biggest stage!

Noname36

First Grade
I have got this from another forum. This is apparently (unfortunately) Newcastle's new main jersey.

2011jersey.jpg

I have to say, I am not a fan. Neither, it seems, are the majority of the other posters who have commented so far.

What's wrong with it? Looks basically the same as the 08-10 jersey...

Saint Doc

Coach
I thought the 08-10 jersey was boring and this is ever so slightly less boring.

It's like the 2010 broncos jersey...very similar to previous template with slightly more of their second colour.

Drew-Sta

Staff member

Honestly, if Easts wore that Jersey on the ANZAC Day clash or for Heritage round, I'd buy one. It is a wonderful design and f**king looks amazing.

Penrith's Retro jersey looks fantastic also. I'm hoping they wear it a few times.

Good to see Saints are going to ditch those rediculous Wolverine strips for a proper Steelers jersey. Here's hoping the heritage round is the Butchers Strips from 2008, that looks fantastic.

Sharks jersey's are absof**kinglutely horrible. Why on earth they are endorsing that is beyond me...

Last edited:
I'm a fan of Canterbury. Although i've never been a big fan of the Warriors jersey. If i was Wayne Scurrah i would change our home jersey to our 15th Anniversary jersey from this year. Throw in an away strip similar too.

Latest posts