What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Saint Doc

Coach
Its still got me beat that we're playing Melbourne in "Heritage" round. Shouldve at least played Bulldogs or Manly.

I agree, based on admittance to the competition, it should be:

1908 Souths vs Roosters

1921/1935 - Dragons vs Bulldogs

1947 Manly vs Eels

1967 Sharks vs Panthers

1988 Broncos vs Knights

1995 Cowboys vs Warriors

1999/2007 Storm vs Gold Coast

The odd one out is raiders and tigers, but works out nicely due to their history...

1989 grand final: Tigers vs Raiders

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
There should be a retro round where they go back to using the original jerseys...

The NRL have been reasonably clear this Heritage Round is based on Grand Finals

Tigers v Souths - 60's (I think)
Titans v Cowboys (leftovers)
Warriors v Roosters (02)
Panthers v Raiders (90-91)
Sharks v Eagles (late 70's)
Storm v Eels (09)
Dragons v Bulldogs (79, 85)
Broncos v Knights (leftovers? 97 GF winners?)

beave

Coach
I agree, based on admittance to the competition, it should be:

1908 Souths vs Roosters

1921/1935 - Dragons vs Bulldogs

1947 Manly vs Eels

1967 Sharks vs Panthers

1988 Broncos vs Knights

1995 Cowboys vs Warriors

1999/2007 Storm vs Gold Coast

The odd one out is raiders and tigers, but works out nicely due to their history...

1989 grand final: Tigers vs Raiders

aaah, excellent idea mate, i like this!!!!

BDGS

Bench
The Magpies heritage jersey is equally as good as the Balmain one and both are miles better than the crap the merger has sold as a jersey.

They could alternate between one and the other. Have one as the home and the other as the away for the 3 years or however long you have to keep the same jersey, then switch them.

And then they could have the current Wests main jersey as their alternate.

Yeah, that would be fair enough.

Though it would go against their whole new wests tigers identity and do what they don't want to do.

I have seen designs that contribute both signs of the merger and looks better then all of the wests tigers jersey.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'd back that.

Balmain-style at the 4 Leichhardt games and 2 SFS matches

Magpie-style at the 4 Campbelltown games and 2 SFS matches

Third jersey for all away matches

BDGS - Rivalry Round is R19

BDGS

Bench
The NRL have been reasonably clear this Heritage Round is based on Grand Finals

Tigers v Souths - 60's (I think)
Titans v Cowboys (leftovers)
Warriors v Roosters (02)
Panthers v Raiders (90-91)
Sharks v Eagles (late 70's)
Storm v Eels (09)
Dragons v Bulldogs (79, 85)
Broncos v Knights (leftovers? 97 GF winners?)

1909 Grand final forfeited match dispute.

Souths vs Balmain

BunniesMan

Immortal
Tigers = lying scum that have lied for 102 years and we'll show them Friday night when we give them a touch up. Put money on Inglis getting a hattrick going up against that nuffy Daniela.

It'll serve them right for being dogs back in 1909.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Robbed us off 5 in a row. Scum. Only club I hate more than the super league related clubs.
Stop pretending you're a long term league fan with your laughable cliched history lessons. You've been on the bunnies bandwagon for about 6 months tops.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Stop pretending you're a long term league fan with your laughable cliched history lessons. You've been on the bunnies bandwagon for about 6 months tops.
And you like to participate in gay orgies with middle aged transvestites.

It's not fun when someone talks about you like they know when they know sweet f**k all.

Locky24

Juniors
Tigers = lying scum that have lied for 102 years and we'll show them Friday night when we give them a touch up. Put money on Inglis getting a hattrick going up against that nuffy Daniela.

It'll serve them right for being dogs back in 1909.

You weren't even alive back then.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
And you like to participate in gay orgies with middle aged transvestites.

I wasn't alive when Hitler around. Doesn't mean I don't know he was a bad gay. Same with the tigers.
Your obsession with homosexuality continues.

But can you keep your drivel out of the jersey thread?

On topic, saw a lad up the other day with an original broncos jersey on, absolutely battered and faded by use but still a first class design.
I know that the days of baggy cotton jerseys are long gone for players but they look a 100% better than the synthetic style.

hellteam

First Grade
Your obsession with homosexuality continues.

But can you keep your drivel out of the jersey thread?

On topic, saw a lad up the other day with an original broncos jersey on, absolutely battered and faded by use but still a first class design.
I know that the days of baggy cotton jerseys are long gone for players but they look a 100% better than the synthetic style.

They are the only ones I will ever buy. I still keep a look out most weeks on eBay for good old jerseys.

Latest posts