What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

bobmar28

Bench
You know what pisses me off. The disturbing trend of using AFL style number fonts on the back of jerseys.

Meanwhile club rugby teams are now using block numbers on theirs. What's going on?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I don't know whether this has been mentioned on this thread yet but, I have come to notice over the past 4 weeks that the logos (NRL and club emblem) on some certain club's playing jerseys are no longer embroided. It looks like it is now printed best and less style which is very disappointing if you ask me.

This seems to be the norm across all of the ISC, Blades and Nike jerseys. The supporters jerseys sold in retail stores are still embroided like they always have been which seems like its just something that has developed on the playing jerseys. I hope this stupid idea to print the club's emblem doesn't get picked up by all the jersey manufacturers!
It's actually quite an intelligent move from an on-field point of view. Embroided logos are physically easier to grab on synthetic jerseys.

But you are 100% right in noticing it - I think Parramatta's logos are subliminated into the jersey now.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Most teams have released their heritage strips...

2011wes-her1.jpg
v
2011sou-her.jpg

2011nql-her.jpg
v
2011gco-her.jpg

Any chance the Cowboys will ever wear their 95 jumper again?

beave

Coach
Most of us NQ fans wish we would wear the 95 jersey on a full time basis, but they club doesn't seem keen to go back to it. Again, they seem to be keen on using the old school rep team/ Marlins jersey as the heritage which i love personally, hopefully one day we go back to the 95 jersey used somewhere in our season. Maybe a 20 year commerative in 2015?

beagle

Juniors
It's actually quite an intelligent move from an on-field point of view. Embroided logos are physically easier to grab on synthetic jerseys.

But you are 100% right in noticing it - I think Parramatta's logos are subliminated into the jersey now.

Watching today's games and on some of the close shots, it seems that few of the teams have opted for the subliminated Telstra and team logos. The Knights are one of the teams that seems that way.

flippikat

First Grade
I see the Roosters are wearing their heritage jersey today against the Tigers.

I'm wondering does this mean they don't want to use the new 'away' jersey very often? (Perhaps due to some less-than-favourable reaction to the design....)

Timmah

Staff member
They can wear the Heritage Jersey up to 8 times a year according to NRL guidelines - the Roosters, seeing as it's 80% white, are using it up during the warm part of the season in day games. The away jersey has more red and navy on it than this one and will probably be used from Round 6 or 7 onwards.

Still haven't seen anything from the Storm or Eagles regarding heritage jerseys... will be interesting to see what they wear.

BDGS

Bench
You know what pisses me off. The disturbing trend of using AFL style number fonts on the back of jerseys.

Meanwhile club rugby teams are now using block numbers on theirs. What's going on?

What the hell is "AFL style numbers?"

How do you even know what numbers they have anyway?

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
I noticed Penrith wearing their white and black away strip again on friday night, does this mean the teal strip will no longer be used?

I hope so, the white and black is a nice jersey.

Spitty

Juniors
I noticed Penrith wearing their white and black away strip again on friday night, does this mean the teal strip will no longer be used?

I hope so, the white and black is a nice jersey.

No, the teal jersey is still our official alternate jersey and there are some NRL rules that it has to be worn a certain amount of times. I think it's only 2 or 3, but we will have to wear the teal jersey at least a few times this year.

Pretty sure we only wore the white jersey this week because the last time we wore it we won. And when your going as well as we are, you start to have some faith in superstition.

Timmah

Staff member
Nope, the NRL again claimed your teal strip was too dark and might clash with Brisbane, the white strip gave better contrast.

hellteam

First Grade
So it's heritage round this week... What will the Knights wear at the Broncos? Would have thought the NRL would consider their red and blue heritage jersey too much of a clash with the Broncos maroon.

Patorick

Staff member
Don't expect a heritage jersey from Manly this week.

Besides which our away jersey is close enough to one anyway.

Latest posts