What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Parramatta do have a heritage jersey this year and it will be worn this weekend.

Smiley

Bench
33vjh5e.png

Timmah

Staff member
In summary, Melbourne's the same as every year, Canberra and Manly do not have.

BDGS

Bench
Melbourne's look different to me from last year.

EDIT: Why have the Roosters been wearing their heritage jersey at home games for, so far this year?

Timmah

Staff member
Hot weather is my guess, aside from Souths (who they often wear Heritage against), they've been warm Sunday arvos.

effnic

Bench
Is Manly the only team where the fans cant even buy the 2011 jersey yet 4 f**king rounds in??? Its f**king pathetic, if clubs released there jerseys before xmas sales would of tripled to what they will now.

Timmah

Staff member
Is Manly the only team where the fans cant even buy the 2011 jersey yet 4 f**king rounds in??? Its f**king pathetic, if clubs released there jerseys before xmas sales would of tripled to what they will now.
I'm guessing it's due to the fact the club hadn't secured it's front of jersey sponsorship until a week before the season kickoff.

Timmah

Staff member
Can't believe I'm backing Bunniesman here but it's quite obvious he thinks Balmain and Wests Tigers should be used as main and alternate.

Red Bear

Referee
That Balmain jersey is supurb, loved it back in the last year or two of the Tigers and still looks quality

effnic

Bench
I'm guessing it's due to the fact the club hadn't secured it's front of jersey sponsorship until a week before the season kickoff.

Yes i know that but honestly we still dont really have a real major sponsor so if management were smart they would of just given up before xmas since they had all off season to sign a sponsor and gone with the one we have now and tripled sales.

some11

Referee
There should be a retro round where they go back to using the original jerseys...

Last edited:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I like the Parra and Storms jersies.

The only problem is that they look almost similar, might clash a little and the only difference is that Parramatta will most likely wear white shorts.

Its still got me beat that we're playing Melbourne in "Heritage" round. Shouldve at least played Bulldogs or Manly.

BunniesMan

Immortal
The heritage jersey is really balmains heritage not wests tigers heritage and therefore cant be used for the wests tigers.
The Magpies heritage jersey is equally as good as the Balmain one and both are miles better than the crap the merger has sold as a jersey.

They could alternate between one and the other. Have one as the home and the other as the away for the 3 years or however long you have to keep the same jersey, then switch them.

And then they could have the current Wests main jersey as their alternate.

Either that or use the only jersey I've ever seen with their combined colours that actually looks good. Gold and White double V on black. That's a classic that embraces both sides of the merger and doesn't look like someone vomited black,white and gold onto a shirt.

Latest posts