What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

I would much prefer the ISC white collar with red sleeves to our current jersey. Add our current V to the jersey above and I'd be happy
No way, round collars are not for football jerseys! At least the current one is a modern interpretation of a V-neck. Sure, it would be nice white, but those round collars we had with Adidas were sh*t, and I can't see a round collar by ISC being any better

Lambretta

First Grade
Wow the roosters away trip is bizarre. Looks like a warped french flag.

What colour shorts do you think? White shorts would look weird, and navy shorts would probably mean its not much of an "alternate".

Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh to make an assessment.

Would have to be blue shorts, or the shirt will get tucked in and the blue will disappear.

It is a French flag (the tricolour) which is apt as that is our original nickname and the Rooster is the French symbol anyway.

I like it and so do the people around the office I've shown it to and the mates that have seen it in the members brochure. So far I had 6 positive comments and no negative ones (until I read this thread that is!)

I liked our away jersey last season slightly better (but then I loved that design) but am very happy with this one too.

Lambretta

First Grade
I like the Saint Helens jersey.

They're not St George and they don't have to have the exact same design
The design is clean and smart

Would have to be blue shorts, or the shirt will get tucked in and the blue will disappear.

It is a French flag (the tricolour) which is apt as that is our original nickname and the Rooster is the French symbol anyway.

I like it and so do the people around the office I've shown it to and the mates that have seen it in the members brochure. So far I had 6 positive comments and no negative ones (until I read this thread that is!)

I liked our away jersey last season slightly better (but then I loved that design) but am very happy with this one too.

Technically the design is based on the Dutch flag, not the French. The difference is that the Dutch flag has horizontal stripes and the French is vertical.

Dutch
158px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png

French
200px-Flag_of_France.svg.png

Still it's a nice looking jersey.

Dragon Dave

Bench
No way, round collars are not for football jerseys! At least the current one is a modern interpretation of a V-neck. Sure, it would be nice white, but those round collars we had with Adidas were sh*t, and I can't see a round collar by ISC being any better

Our jersey would as close to perfect as possible if our current collar was white. Also add some red trip on the sleeves and I'm happy.

And bring back the hoops on socks!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
any word on the new Wests Tigers home and away jerseys??
Are you the full quid? Like, 2-3 posts above yours I clearly outlined the Tigers would have a new away jersey :lol:

zman

Juniors
Looks like the Cowboys will be with ISC next year, Jerseys should be released soon.:D

Charlie124

First Grade
Cant wait to see the new Cows jerseys, hopefully a throwback to the 1995 design to go with the new look club

Craegus

Juniors
Are you the full quid? Like, 2-3 posts above yours I clearly outlined the Tigers would have a new away jersey :lol:

Actually Timmah the Tigers will have a new home and away as stated on the website you posted:

"From the 1st November Blades will be the NRL authentic licensed manufacturer to Wests Tigers, Newcastle Knights and Cronulla Sutherland Sharks. With this comes a new look Home Jersey for the Tigers and Knights and a brand new Away jersey for the Tigers and Sharks."

Magpies

Juniors

Ha! That's rich coming from a Bulldogs supporter...

I meant does anyone know what way the club is going with the design? eg.. Back to the traditional V or bars or something flashy..

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You said any word ;-)

And to answer your second question, no.

Dragon Dave

Bench
A new company takes over the sponsorship and decides to use the old ones design?

What are they the Franklins of jersey manufacturers?

Sharks are doing just that next year, signing with X Blades but keeping an identical ISC design.

Latest posts