What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
A new company takes over the sponsorship and decides to use the old ones design?

What are they the Franklins of jersey manufacturers?

There are heaps of examples in recent years of new manufacturers maintaining the current design.

Cronulla main strip 2010 - 2011 (ISC to X Blades)

Knights away strip 2010 - 2011 (KooGa to X Blades)

Storm main & away strips 2008 - 2009 (Reebok to KooGa)

there's heaps more too. Sometimes it's due to the clubs desires, sometimes due to the NRL rules. Maybe Cowboys management like the current jersey? NFI. I know the away one has to stay as it is, it was new in 2010.

meltiger

First Grade
Ha! That's rich coming from a Bulldogs supporter...

I meant does anyone know what way the club is going with the design? eg.. Back to the traditional V or bars or something flashy..

There is a thread on the Tigers board here, InsaneInk seems to have heard something about Tiger stripes, which leads me to believe something flashy and sh*tte

By the same token, when someone posted on a Tigers fan forum, "I wish a return to V's" someone responded with "I think you'll be pleased then"

This was weeks ago though, Insane's post is much fresher.

meltiger

First Grade
there's heaps more too. Sometimes it's due to the clubs desires, sometimes due to the NRL rules. Maybe Cowboys management like the current jersey? NFI. I know the away one has to stay as it is, it was new in 2010.

Is it two years? Or longer now?

Timmah

Staff member
Main is three, alternate is two - that's from memory though.

Timmah

Staff member
I find it interesting how some teams where them quite regularly and other barely at all. I guess for WT and Souths it's to do with the split sponsorship arrangement, whereas Canberra is just so synonymous with the lime green and same with Saints and the Red V.

meltiger

First Grade
How often does your mob wear the blue one?

The Tigers are a unique situation with I'd think it having more to do with the JV than anything.

With as you say, teams like St George, Canberra etc, they have very famous strips and should wear them the majority of the time. I'd be suprised (But happy to be wrong - You'd know better than me) if Canterbury were any different. Whilst the hoops has history, when you think of Canterbury, no one can tell me they don't think of the 80's, early 90's Cantebury. ie: White with a blue V

Of the Sydney teams, and teams with truly famous jerseys and teams with not so famous jerseys, and the respective circumstances around the clubs the only one that suprises me is Easts. I'd have thought they would wear their traditional blue jersey alot more than anything, but their white ones do get a fair workout.

Canard

Immortal
There are heaps of examples in recent years of new manufacturers maintaining the current design.

Cronulla main strip 2010 - 2011 (ISC to X Blades)

Knights away strip 2010 - 2011 (KooGa to X Blades)

Storm main & away strips 2008 - 2009 (Reebok to KooGa)

I understand NRL rules, but surely a new jersey manufacturer would want to put there new stamp on it. The Cowboys aren't compelled to keep there current main strip, so I find it hard to fathom they want change.

Maybe Im just hoping for a change because the current one may be the worst jersey thats ever been worn by an league team.

Tiger_Tim

Juniors
How often does your mob wear the blue one?

Not often enough IMO. I've always preferred the blue jerseys for the Dogs and Parra. Parra seem to be splitting the gold and blue a bit more evenly these days than they did say 3-4+ years ago. There was a time where they'd wear gold virtually every week

meltiger

First Grade
Maybe in the modern day jerseys.

Not a patch on the 80's jersey though / With the full V up over the shoulders

zman

Juniors
I understand NRL rules, but surely a new jersey manufacturer would want to put there new stamp on it. The Cowboys aren't compelled to keep there current main strip, so I find it hard to fathom they want change.

Maybe Im just hoping for a change because the current one may be the worst jersey thats ever been worn by an league team.

The cowboys jerseys look a hell of alot better with the ISC collar, looks like a new jersey. Apart from NRL rules i believe the contract was signed late which doesnt give the manufacturer enough time to design a new jersey if it is to be released in december.:D

Timmah

Staff member
Not often enough IMO. I've always preferred the blue jerseys for the Dogs and Parra. Parra seem to be splitting the gold and blue a bit more evenly these days than they did say 3-4+ years ago. There was a time where they'd wear gold virtually every week
Parra are going back to blue as the main from 2011, yellow as the alternate. I think they deliberately wore the yellow less in 2010 as well. We only wear blue when there's some sort of clash I think... away v Manly, away v Souths, v Parra when they wear yellow etc.

Maybe in the modern day jerseys.

Not a patch on the 80's jersey though / With the full V up over the shoulders

Slightly off topic for a sec. I reckon that this jersey is the best that Wests Tigers have had. It's a proper Vee that looks good and combines the history of both clubs well, not too Wests, not too Balmain.

wests-tigers-jersey-5.jpg

hellteam

First Grade
The cowboys jerseys look a hell of alot better with the ISC collar, looks like a new jersey. Apart from NRL rules i believe the contract was signed late which doesnt give the manufacturer enough time to design a new jersey if it is to be released in december.:D

I could design a jersey better then the Cowboys current one in about 5 minutes. With crayons.

100%green

Juniors
New NRL Inigenous Jersey:

11_asjers.jpg

New Indigenous Jersey:

11_indigjers.jpg

Both available at jerseys.com.au. More new 2011 gear to go on the website and Facebook page over the coming days and weeks.

Timmah

Staff member
Correct :lol: Ingenious?

Both designs have been released for quite a while actually.

Like the fact that the badges are on the front of the jersey and not the sleeve anymore.

The blue on the NRL All Stars is also an improvement.

Latest posts