What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

hellteam

First Grade
Wests will be wearing the Maggies jersey on Friday night:

00013384-image.jpg

Looks OK, nothing special.

Looks like Dragons will be wearing their red again then.

00005048-image.jpg

it hasn't changed that much from the previous indigenous jersey, mostly with the collar. ISC do a great jersey though IMO, damn impressed with their gear for all their teams. Newy and the Tigers should get ISC to do their gear, they would do a great job.

Agreed, ISC used to be cheap and tacky (look at their old Parra, Newcastle designs etc), but they've really stepped it up this year with some great jerseys.

Still not a fan of the Rabbitohs jersey though.

beave

Coach
I thought the Cowboys indigenous jersey looked shit hot last night, the slight tweaks ISC has done to it look sensational. I couldn't put my finger on it at first, but I think it is to do with the toning down of the amount of yellow in it that has made it look great compared to the hummel version.
cowboys-wide.jpg

docbrown

Coach
I thought from a distance they looked a bit like the storm.

What's the verdict with Cowboys fans in general? Do they like the current home jersey?

For me their best jersey is the heritage one with the solid blue with white trims.

P8010469.JPG.opt375x499o0,0s375x499.JPG

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Given how many teams already have royal blue, I can't wait to see the back of it.

beave

Coach
They are dropping it for next year apparently and going for the 1995 heritage jersey (according to the lady in the leagues club shop). The royal blue is a great jersey but I understand why people who follow other teams dont like it, it has a lot of pride up here as those colors are what u wear up here if you represent NQ in any sport, as this example below
images

I love the fact they used it for a while but Iove our 1995 jersey to bits so if it does eventuate that they go to it next year, I think there will be a lot of them sold. I really lime our current home jersey but there is a slght tweak id like to see on it, on the body the blue gradually goes from dark blue to royal blue and the sleeves grey to white. I did a version earlier very poorly in here and I reckon it would look better with no graduations and straight grey sleeves an navy blue body.

Last edited:

beave

Coach
I wonder if NQ will ever go the full hog and go silver like Dallas.

All we would have to do is drop the yellow and it would be similar (navy,grey,white). I think the yellow and blue in our jersey comes from the Tvl jersey in the Foley Shield, I remember reading something along those lines somewhere.

LESStar58

Referee
Potential back of shirt sponsor for Storm in 2012?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/busines...oss-scott-tanner/story-fn7j19iv-1226108604376

SIGNING a major sponsorship deal with a top Melbourne sports team and opening seven new branches in two months are top of the list for the new Bank of Melbourne boss.

But the rusted-on Richmond fan said such a key decision could not be made quickly in sports-crazy Melbourne, as it was vital not to alienate potential customers.

Crown gave exactly the same reason to not sponsor Melbourne this year. Look how that panned out. I reckon the deal will be done by the end of the season and Storm will go in to the finals with Bank of Melbourne on the back of their jersey. You heard it here first.

LESStar58

Referee
In case anyone missed it the Storm wore red balck and yellow socks against Penrith on Saturday. With Nielsen pretty heavily involved in community work I would like to see Melbourne come up with a Close The Gap Round jersey for next year...maybe something to do with a Dreamtime story tied in with Storm like the Frog who caused the flood?

docbrown

Coach
Good find.

The thing to do would be to look at the teams in Melbourne - T20, AFL & A-League - and see if they have existing deals with financial groups. I know the Rebels do so you can rule them out.

Herzog

Juniors
I really lime our current home jersey but there is a slght tweak id like to see on it, on the body the blue gradually goes from dark blue to royal blue and the sleeves grey to white. I did a version earlier very poorly in here and I reckon it would look better with no graduations and straight grey sleeves an navy blue body.

Gradients never look good. The problem is also that the gradient gets lighter the lower the jersey goes and then the shorts are the darker blue from the top of the jumper--it's very jaring.