What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Ladder Predictions

Ladmate

Bench
1. Dragons - Self Explanitory
2. Tigers - Moltzen back, Tuiaki back, looking to bounce back from the Dragons loss in the final.
3. Roosters - The heartbreak from the Grand Final, a full season with Carney in the halves will see them much improved.
4. Panthers - They got figured out at the back end of this season, but they are a good team and should make the top 4.
5. Storm - Kept 3 of the Fab 4, should be a strong contender.
6. Broncos - Young stars are a year older, Inglis won't help as much as people think though.
7. Raiders - Struggle without Campese at the front end of the season, finish off strong at the end.
8. Titans - A slump for them, they aren't getting younger and Mat Rogers is gone. More teams have improved more than the Titans.

Typically we see a good turnover of teams in the finals from one year to the next. Usually around 4.
So based on that my finals teams next year (in no particular order) are as follows:

St George - one more year than the slide begins
Melbourne - still have the core but will finish in the bottow four
Brisbane - unfortunately
Roosters - should be up there again
Eels - always perform best when picked to go crap
Tigers - could be one of the best teams next year
Rabbitohs - why not?
Warriors - could go either way with Mateo or Inu

RufusRex

Post Whore
As a dragons fan i dont expect us to minor premier next season .... Smith/Costigan/Saffy will be huge losses for us

1. Dragons (Will be tough to beat again)
2. Tigers (Get Tuiaki and Moltzen back, will get even better)
3. Roosters (Will be better for the experience this year, they'll be right up there again)
4. Panthers (Still have most of their key players from this year, will be tough to beat)
5. Storm (Have a strong squad, Slater, Cronk, Smith, will be a top side again)
6. Titans (will start to slide a little)
7. Broncos (have bought well, will be back in the 8 again next year)
8. Eels (should get back in there next year also)

9. Warriors (could be anything, can't find room for them in the top 8 right now)
10. Cowboys (bought well, will climb up the ladder a little)
11. Bulldogs (will disappoint many again next year)
12. Raiders (will struggle without campo, may be too late when he returns)
13. Manly (will fall even further, have no halfback)
14. Souths (I guess I couldn't put them any higher)
15. Knights (ditto souths)
16. Sharks (they will still suck)

innsaneink

Referee
1. Tigers
2. Storm
3. Roosters
4. Dragons
5. Warriors
6. Souths
7. Broncos
8. Knights
9. Titans
10. Panthers
11. Bulldogs
12. Manly
13. Raiders
14. Sharks
15. Eels
16. Cowboys

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Costigan and Smith are great players,massive massive losses,Dragons will have deadset nothing without these two.

cupid

Juniors
Might aswell have a random ladder generator, none of these predictions will be close.

Red Bear

Referee
Tigers
New Zealand (Although this is the side I without fail pick the opposite of what happens)
Easts
Dragons
Melbourne
Souths
Raiders
Penrith

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Mateo and Inu needed a change of club.

Packer, Brown, Ta'ai, Locke etc. all to improve even further. With Shaun Johnson applying pressure to Maloney and Seymour in the halves.

Warriors top 4 for mine.

RHCP

Bench
1. Brisbane Broncos
2. St. George Illawarra
3. Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
4. New Zealand Warriors
5. Newcastle Knights
6. Melbourne Storm
7. Gold Coast Titans
8. South Sydney Rabbitohs

9. Sydney Roosters
10. Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
11. North Queensland Cowboys
12. Cronulla Sharks
13. Canberra Raiders
14. Wests Tigers
15. Penrith Panthers
16. Parramatta Eels

dice

Juniors
Roosters have very skinny depth in certain positions as clearly evident with Leilua letting in two tries that Graham would have covered. As much I as love them they are no certainties of having the dream year many people expect them to, especially if Carney's knee injury is anything serious.

Then of course there the almost compulsory annual change to the interpretation of the play the ball that will suit different teams.

TheFrog

Coach
Too early to predict anything about next year, except that next year's ladder will look very little like this year's.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
1. Sydney Roosters
2. Wests Tigers
3. New Zealand Warrirors
4. Gold Coast Titans
5. St George/Illawarra Dragons
6. Canberra Raiders
7. Melbourne Storm
8. South Sydney Rabbitohs
9. Manly Sea Eagles
10. Brisbane Broncos
11. Penrith Panthers
12. Newcastle Knights
13. Parramatta Eels
14. Canterbury Bulldogs
15. North Queensland Cowboys
16. Cronulla Sharks

TheFrog

Coach
4. Panthers - They got figured out at the back end of this season, but they are a good team and should make the top

Don't know about figured out, except in the casualty ward. They were never likely to go all the way, though, too many defensive meltdowns, and too often bland in attack. Still, it was a good year, and maybe next year will be as good or better....and maybe not.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Dragons should be top 4 unless teams figure out that they are susceptible to the offload and getting interchanging of passes between forwards at the line hurts them.

It all depends on what happens with teams looking to rebuild. If the Eels look to play defensive like the Dragons I don't see them making it but they could surprise and play some enterprising footy again.

I will predict the top 8 will include:

Warriors
Storm
Dragons
Titans
Panthers
Bulldogs
Broncos
Eels

But I doubt I will get even half of them right.

Paul Hewson

Juniors
Injuries will play a big part in the make up of the ladder. Just have to look at Canberra with Campese. Alot will depend on who and how his replacement goes and also when he does come back how he will go.

RufusRex

Post Whore
average number of games played this season for the dragons team in the 17 that played was over 20 .. The ability to get the majority of your best team on the park week in week out wins you premierships .... Look at Panthers in the early noughties as another prime example of this.

Latest posts