What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Ladder Predictions

Tommy Smith

Referee
1. St George Illawarra Dragons
2. Sydney Roosters
3. Wests Tigers
4. Brisbane Broncos
5. New Zealand Warriors
6. Melbourne Storm
7. Canberra Raiders
8. Canterbury Bulldogs

9. Manly Sea Eagles
10. Penrith Panthers
11. South Sydney Rabbitohs
12. Parramatta Eels
13. Gold Coast Titans
14. North Qld Cowboys
15. Cronulla Sharks
16. Newcastle Knights

The competition is looking more even than ever in 2011.

The only teams i dont think can win the competition at this stage are the Knights, Sharks and Cowboys.

Everyone else has a realistic shot.

_Johnsy

Referee
Costigan and Smith are great players,massive massive losses,Dragons will have deadset nothing without these two.

Just like how we cold not win this years comp, Hunt was out for most of the year. As we know benny does amazing things with players. If Benny thinks we need another, I can really see us struggling to attract a 2nd rower.

Pfffft you're a dimwit.

Last edited:

timka4

Bench
1. Dragons
2. Tigers
3. Cowboys
4. Roosters
5. Panthers
6. Titans
7. Storm
8. Knights
9. Broncos
10. Eels
11. Manly
12. Warriors
13. Bulldogs
14. Rabbits
15. Raiders (gonna really struggle without Campo, and even when he does return he might return to his shell)
16. Sharks

God knows anything can happen though, I'm guessing more than half of my ladder will be wrong

beagle

Juniors
I wish haynetrain would put a cork in it. His opinions do not represent the majority of Parra supporters on here -including me. Some of his posts are plain embarrassing. As for the ladder for next year, still too early to be making any calls

Last edited:

NAS

Juniors
Like this year, injuries will determine much next year, but despite that, here's my take.

1) Wests Tigers- The big question is where do they play Moltzen? A very classy side for next year. And Tuiaki AND Tuquiri on the wings....How does one tackle that?

2) Melbourne Storm- They'll be back and out for blood. Have a knack for unearthing great junior talent. Justin O'Neill will be the story of next year.

3) Canterbury Bulldogs- They have a bad year, then a good year. Next year is a good year.

4) Brisbane Broncos...Sure Inglis is there, but it's Ben Hannant who'll make the difference to this side. Webke mach II is back where he belongs.

5) South Sydney Rabbitohs- Souths are that team who you just know are about to do something big.....Burgess, Taylor, Sandow, Luke.....all about to hit their straps at the same time. Watch out!

6) St George- Losing Costigan and Smith won't hurt as bad as some think, but it'll hurt still.....The real problem is that they lack the class of a Melbourne 07 or Manly 08 to survive the GF hangover.

7) Cowboys- Have bought really well. Brent Tate may be just what the Dr ordered up north. Someone with brains who Thurston just might respect enough. Some great juniors coming through too...they're my big movers in 11.

8) Sydney Roosters- I think they over achieved this year, and Smith coached sides are like Canterbury....One good year, one bad year.....Still, there's enough class in this side to see them into the finals.

9) Newcastle- Have bought really well, especially the young talent. Costigan will give them that hard ass attitude they missed this year.

10) Penrith- Will miss Pritchard. A few of their key men (Waterhouse and Lewis) are starting to suffer those injuries that seem to keep coming back.......Lachlan Coote may be their only hope.

11) Manly- Losing Perry will hurt. Losing Hodkinson will hurt more. Matai's out for the first 8 weeks. Brett Stewart's acquittal has masked the fact that he's had two knee reconstructions in two years.....will never be the same player......

12) Canberra- I had them winning the comp next year.....Then I heard Terry Campese was out for the year...and that was all she wrote for me...Forget Orford, forget Gower....The bloke they need back is Michael Monahan...and they need him now.

13) Warriors- I think they over achieved this year. they'll miss Tate immeasurably.

14) Parramatta- Why are they in a better position than they were this year? No Cayless, No Mateo, No Inu, No Keating. And who have they replaced them with?? Noone yet.....banking on Quade Cooper.....I think they've written next year off.

15) Gold Coast- Look at the Dogs this year, and that is the titans next year. An aging roster and critically a lack of depth coming through will not bode well for the titans next year. The big fallers next year. Just the way I see it.

16) Sharks- Sadly I can see no love for the sharks. Jeremy Smith is a great player, but a bad buy at this stage of his career. He's eternally injured. Wade Graham has the potential to be a very good player, in two or three years, and he's no better than Barrett. The Sharks need to start again. Take Paul Gallen and build the side around him. It's the only way forward.......

Bulldogs and Broncos to surge back next year IMO.

1. Saints
2. Broncos
3. Bulldogs
4. Warriors
5. Roosters
6. Titans
7. W Tigers
8. Storm
9. Knights
10. Souths
11. Panthers
12. Raiders
13. Manly
14. Cronulla
15. Parramatta
16. Cowboys

How so with the Bulldogs Timmah?

Serious question, you's brought the wrong Manly half, Foran sh*ts all over Hodkinson.

Besides that Pritchard, Hope that 1 good game a season is good enough....

Tolman.... Decent signing.

Keating? Couldnt make the 17 some weeks when Parra had no one in 7 & 9.

And den?

Take out Kimmorley, Hannant and Pattern and all signs point to a Dogs spoon.

boxhead

First Grade
Wow, there's a lot of division between opinions on the ladder predictions.....especially with the Eels.
Eels wooden spooners, Eels just miss the eight, Eels in the eight, Eels all over the place :?

Honestly, I think it will probably end up like this;

1. St George Illawarra Dragons
2. West Tigers
3. Sydney Roosters
4. Canberra Raiders
5. Melbourne Storm
6. Penrith Panthers
7. Gold Coast Titans
8. New Zealand Warriors

9. Brisbane Broncos
10. Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
11. South Sydney Rabbitohs
12. Newcastle Knights
13. Manly Sea Eagles
14. Parramatta Eels
15. Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
16. North Queensland Cowboys

However, that is all so bloody open.....really, with the team Cowboys have, they should be in the eight, the Sharks could be right up in the eight; essentially any team can make the eight......however I am betting the Cowboys and Eels will not make it, whilst Dragons and Tigers and Roosters are definitely in, the rest is a bloody lottery really......

1. Wests Tigers
2. St George Illawarra Dragons
3. Canberra Raiders
4. Canterbury Bulldogs
5. New Zealand Warriors
6. Brisbane Broncos
7. Melbourne Storm
8. South Sydney Rabbitohs

9. Sydney Roosters
10. Cronulla Sharks
11. Penrith Panthers
12. North Queensland Cowboys
13. Manly Sea Eagles
14. Gold Coast Titans
15. Parramatta Eels
16. Newcastle Knights

Considering you's will be lucky to win a match til Campo gets back with the vaunted halves Combo of 6. Tongue & 7. McCrone/Herbert...

Swap them and your more accurate.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
12) Canberra- I had them winning the comp next year.....Then I heard Terry Campese was out for the year...and that was all she wrote for me...Forget Orford, forget Gower....The bloke they need back is Michael Monahan...and they need him now.

Fortunately this is not the case.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
How so with the Bulldogs Timmah?

Serious question, you's brought the wrong Manly half, Foran sh*ts all over Hodkinson.

Besides that Pritchard, Hope that 1 good game a season is good enough....

Tolman.... Decent signing.

Keating? Couldnt make the 17 some weeks when Parra had no one in 7 & 9.

And den?

Take out Kimmorley, Hannant and Pattern and all signs point to a Dogs spoon.

I reckon you should stick to being worried about where Newcastle will finish. Canterbury will be a force in 2011 and I'm happy to bump this post of yours when you're wrong.

1. Dragons
2. Raiders
3. Warriors
4. Roosters
5. Tigers
6. Broncos
7. Penrith
8. Storm

9. Titans
10. Eagles
11. Bulldogs
12. Sharks
13. Cowboys
14. Rabbitohs
15. Eels
16. Knights

Or something like that. Newcastle and Parramatta to fight for the spoon anyway

I think Storm with their young squad will need a season or two before they start challenging again...I figure they will make the 8 but will finish in the 5-8 bracket. Those games in between SOO could be the downfall.

I do pity however the first team to play in Melbourne next year...

Jobdog

Live Update Team
:lol: @ all the people tipping the Knights to be closer to the spoon than the top eight. If we have a decent run with injuries, we will make the top eight, maybe even push for top four.

MSIH

Bench
:lol: @ all the people tipping the Knights to be closer to the spoon than the top eight. If we have a decent run with injuries, we will make the top eight, maybe even push for top four.

You lose a couple of goober's every year and every year Knights fans claim to have had a bad run with injuries.

The Knights will be bottom 5 with or without injuries. The Dogs, Sharks and Cowboys will probably join them. I haven't decided who the other side will be.

Only four teams I say with confidence I expect to make the 8 next season.

Saints
Wests
Warriors
Melbourne

Only three I can't see making it

Cronulla
Cowboys
Parramatta

The other nine are playing for four spots in my opinion.

Latest posts