What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Ladder Predictions

super_coach

First Grade
A lot of people are tipping the dogs for a top four finish, history will tell you teams that recruit a lot of players tend to take a few seasons to reap rewards and very seldom get instant results. The dogs will improve big time but will be be boarder top eight at best

chefman21

Juniors
A lot of people are tipping the dogs for a top four finish, history will tell you teams that recruit a lot of players tend to take a few seasons to reap rewards and very seldom get instant results. The dogs will improve big time but will be be boarder top eight at best

I thought about that. But then I keep thinking they could well be like what the Roosters were this season. And the players they have recruited are no nonsense players.

Avenger

Immortal
Please explain why we have no idea and explain why the Eels will be at the top? No stability in the coaching, board is a rabble and they have no halves, losing a lot of players, gaining losers like Carl Webb and you are wondering why people have Parramatta at the bottom?

Oh, and they finished 12th last year with no improvements for this year.

Put your money where your mouth is. They will make the 8 next year.

beave

Coach
if we finish last again, I swear I will go postal............ dislcaimer- I don't really mean it.

little_aza

Juniors
In no particular order within each increment:

1-4:
-St George Illawarra Dragons: Big Red V won't be quite as dominant, but will certainly still be up there. No Wayne Bennett coached team, with the talent they have will do poorly. I can't see them dropping off too much.
-Wests Tigers: I liked what I saw in the back half of 2010. Provided Benji remains fit, they should still be there. They have Timmy Moltzen back too, which can only be good for them. I guess what happens to Lui will be a telling sign.
-Brisbane Broncos: Surely they'll be back. The younger kids will a have a year under their belt, and Inglis and Hodges lining up in the centres should be pretty impressive, though I really don't think Inglis will set the game on fire when he gets in the grind.
-Melbourne Storm: I had to put my boys back here! Won't be as good as the "golden" era, but we still have a pretty handy 1-7-9. And they have more motivation than ever before.

5-8:
-Sydney Roosters: If injuries are kind to them, they shouldn't drop off too much. Some say they overachieved this year, but I think they've still got a lot to offer.
-Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs: with some decent signings, they should be back in the winners' circle.
-South Sydney Rabbitohs: Should scrape in, and would have this year if it weren't for injuries to many key men.
-Gold Coast Titans: Provided Scotty Prince is well, the Titans should go reasonably well.

9-12:
-Parramatta Eels: I expect huge improvements from Parramatta. The Eels are always hard to pick, as they always defy expectations. If it weren't for Kearney, they'd be lower. It just depends on their halves. If they manage to sign a decent half, or just get their rookies to fire (a la 2009), they'll make the 8.
-Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles: I expect a big year from Brett Stewart - I'd love to see him in a Sky Blue Jersey again. But I just have doubts about their halves this time round.
-Penrith Panthers: I just don't think the boys from the base of the mountains can do it like they did this year, I just think they'll have a year like the Bulldogs did this year. I sincerely hope not, as I have always had a soft spot for them, being born a Mountains boy. But I just don't see them being at the top again.
-New Zealand Warriors: Like the Eels, the Warriors always defy expectations. After a good end to the year, I just don't think the Wariors will be up there again. I just hope Maloney doesn't suffer the Second Year Syndrome.

13-16:
-Cronulla Sharks: Tough defence should see them make up for limitations in attack.
-North Queensland Cowboys: Some good signings, and some clear improvements, but I just don't think they can turn it around so quickly. I mean, once Thurston goes down, like he does every year, they're going to have it tough.
-Canberra Raiders: If Campese is gone for as long as they say, the Raiders are in big trouble. But when he gets back, they should surge well..but I'm not confident it will be enough. If Campese gets back early, and maintains the form, move this mob up a couple of groups!
-Newcastle Knights: The same as 2010 really. I just haven't seen any big reasons for them to improve.

1. Wests Tigers
2. Brisbane Broncos
3. Sydney Roosters
4. Manly Sea Eagles
5. Canberra Raiders
6. South Sydney Rabbitohs
7. Melbourne Storm
8. NZ Warriors

9. Gold Coast Titans
10. Parramatta Eels
11. Penrith Panthers
12. Canterbury Bulldogs
13. Nth Qld Cowboys
14. St George Illawarra Dragons
15. Cronulla Sharks
16. Newcastle Knights

MatthewA

Juniors
1- St. George Ill. Dragons: Hard to see them not finishing first. Just a great, well coached side who will defend their way to the top.

2- Wests Tigers: A very good side who will be better for this year. If injuries treat them well they have a strong side that can trouble anyone.

3- Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs: The best recruitment in the game for next year. Awesome depth and forward pack consisting of the likes of Tolman, Ryan, Stagg, Pritchard and Eastwood mixed with some rep star backs in Morris, Goodwin and Idris as well as the best young halfback in the game. Throw in Barba, too. They can only get better and should climb high in 2011 if injuries treat them kindly.

4- New Zealand Warriors: I think they've bought well, their halves are really clicking and they showed that this year. They have a good strong pack and will probably still make a good signing or two. I expect them to be very tough to beat.

5- Sydney Roosters: They've proven they have a great side and with Carney and Pearce only going from strength to strength their going to be a tough side to beat. Their forwards are great, too.

6- Gold Coast Titans: Will slide from this year but not by a great deal. They still have a very good side but I don't see them as a major threat.

7- Melbourne Storm: Have lost some players of course but still keep a great deal of stars. A lot of young guys or fringers who will be in the top 17 but they should go well. Any side with Cronk and Slater is dangerous.

8- Penrith Panthers: Big disappointment in the back end of 2010. They should still make the 8 but I'm predicting only just.

9- Brisbane Broncos: I fail to see the hype in their side.. It's a shame but I think Lockyer is finally ready to start his slide. He showed glimpses of it in 2010. They still have a strong forward pack and a good back line, even though it's young.

10- North Queensland: They can't go much worse. They've made some top signings and if Thurston can stay on the field they'll go a long way to finally reaching their potential.

11- Cronulla Sharks: I think they've made some really strong signings. They're weak in the halves but Gardener is a great young player and their forward pack is going to be fantastic. I sense a big improvement.

12- South Sydney: They won't go anywhere with that nuffie Sandow in their side. Good forward pack, good back line but horrible halves.

13- Newcastle Knights: As above. Average forward pack but a decent signing in Costigan. I just can't see them going places with the roster they have.

14- Manly: As someone pointed out, no halves and an average forward pack. I can't see them doing very well. Stewart will make a difference but meh. I don't see them doing much at all.

15- Canberra Raiders: Great young talent but too young for mine. Campese will be gone most if not all of the year apparently and they've got no one ready to step up and take on his kind of role. I also think without him then McCrone is really going to struggle as is any other young bloke they throw in like Herbert.

16- Parramatta Eels: lol Their major signings are Reni Maitua and Carl Webb. Are they for real? They've lost some great talent and signed no one. They'll go from bad to worse throughout the year for mine.

dogz08

First Grade
3- Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs: The best recruitment in the game for next year. Awesome depth and forward pack consisting of the likes of Tolman, Ryan, Stagg, Pritchard and Eastwood mixed with some rep star backs in Morris, Goodwin and Idris as well as the best young halfback in the game. Throw in Barba, too. They can only get better and should climb high in 2011 if injuries treat them kindly.

When did we sign Mitchell Pearce? lol

MatthewA

Juniors
I wouldn't count Pearce as young. Otherwise he's definitely number 1. But he's got a few years of experience and a real level head on his shoulders so I see him as one of the more experienced halves in the comp.

chefman21

Juniors
I think people underestimate the loss of Smith and Costigan. They may still be a top 4 side but may not be top 2. Add to the fact every side is gunning for them...

MatthewA

Juniors
The nucleus of the side is still there, though.

Sure they've lost two forwards. But remember that both were injured a fair bit over the past 2 years, particularly Smith. They'll be losses no doubt, but they have the depth. They still have the 98% of their side in tact from the last 2 years. They'll go great again no doubt.

no order
1-4 dragons, panthers, roosters, tigers.
5-8 bulldogs, rabbitohs, titans, broncos.
9-12 cowboys, storm, warriors, raiders.
13-16 sea-eagles, knights, sharks, eels.

Latest posts