What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Ladder Predictions

mongoose

Coach
I think we'll be ok without Campese. Furner will really have to prove himself as a coach though. However, next to Souths we have the best pack in the comp and if Dugan can take over some of the playmaking we could be alright. I'm banking on Campese to come back earlier than expected as well, i think he'll be one of those players who recovers quickly.

typicalfan

Coach
Don't worry its happened for the past 3 years, and we haven't even gotten bottom 4 once in that time. Made finals 1/3 and just missed it 2/3. We are always underdogs
Apart from Round 1 the Knights were never in the top 8. Only the Sharks were worse.

The Knights finishing 11th out of 15 isn't that great. Next year will be tough imo but the Knights have something to really build on.

simmo1

First Grade
1. Dragons
2. Tigers
3. Storm
4. Roosters
5. Warriors
6. Raiders
7. Titans
8. Broncos

9. Sea Eagles
10. Rabbitohs
11. Panthers
12. Bulldogs
13. Knights
14. Sharks
15. Eels
16. Cowboys

Rovelli

Bench
Warriors don't tend to perform well when we are expected to do well. See this year...predicted to finish last, battered by injuries all year, we still get 5th.

For now, we should be perched anywhere between 5th and 12th, depending on the impact of our U20 graduates and Mateo/Inu. Could go either way.

Eels Dude

Coach
I don't know... D. Johnson is back next year. But yes, he is a world class player through his sheer toughness. I'm expecting the Sharks to move to anywhere between 9th and 12th position this year.

Jeremy Smith reminds me of Mick Crocker. A great compliment to an already solid side but not one that will overly improve it. They also have similar playing styles and are slightly injury prone.

RHCP

Bench
I can't see how we're a lock for the spoon yet again. Some of the softest forwards in the competition, a rookie coach, players on drug charges, minus our captain for the start of the season and Steve Simpson for 75% of it, yet we were still in the mix for the Top 8 in the back end of the season.

We're not going to Minor Premiers, but I can't envision us finishing any lower than we did this season.

Smartman

Juniors
This is the ladder for 2011.

1.Tigers
2.Bulldogs
3.Dragons
4.Broncos
5.Roosters
6.Sea Eagles
7.Rabbitohs
8.Titans
9.Warriors
10.Panthers
11.Storm
12.Cowboys
13.Sharks
14.Raiders
15.Knights
16.Eels

The first 5 are locks IMO but anywhere between 6-11 could make the 8.

I will bet anyone here that the Eels will make the 8 next year.

It is an almost certainty.

Every second year the Eels exceed expectations (after a disappointing year) and the year after they are favourites.
Then they are a huge disappointment and everyone thinks they are going to crap the next but then they exceed expectations etc etc

And if the trend follows:

Hagan's first year - one game from the grand final
Anderson's first year - grand final
Kearney's first - Premiers.

Almost lay down misere the Eels are premiers next year.

Deacon

First Grade
1. Tigers
2. Dragons
3. Broncos
4. Roosters
5. Warriors
6. Sea Eagles
7. Rabbitohs
8. Panthers
9. Bulldogs
10. Knights
11. Titans
12. Storm
13. Raiders
14. Eels
15. Sharks
16. Cowboys

age.s

First Grade
1. Dragons
2. Panthers
3. Tigers
4. Roosters
5. Rabbits
6. Cowboys
7. Raiders
8. Broncos
9. Storm
10. Warriors
11. Sharks
12. Bulldogs
13. Sea Eagles
14. Titans
15. Knights
16. Eels

chefman21

Juniors
1. Tigers
2. Dogs
3. Roosters
4. St George
5. Melbourne
6. Broncos
7. Manly
8. Warriors
9. Titans
10. Rabbits
11. Cowboys
12. Raiders
13. Sharks
14. Eels
15. Penrith
16. Knights

Frailty

First Grade
1. Dragons
2. Roosters
3. Tigers
4. Titans
5. Storm
6. Raiders
7. Manly
8. Warriors
9. Broncos
10. Panthers
11. Bulldogs
12. Eels
13. Knights
14. Rabbitohs
15. Cowboys
16. Sharks

Ladmate

Bench
Whoever has the mighty Eels at at or near the bottom really has no idea.

Please explain why we have no idea and explain why the Eels will be at the top? No stability in the coaching, board is a rabble and they have no halves, losing a lot of players, gaining losers like Carl Webb and you are wondering why people have Parramatta at the bottom?

Oh, and they finished 12th last year with no improvements for this year.

IFR33K

Coach
This is the ladder for 2011.

1.Tigers
2.Bulldogs
3.Dragons
4.Broncos
5.Roosters
6.Sea Eagles
7.Rabbitohs
8.Titans
9.Warriors
10.Panthers
11.Storm
12.Cowboys
13.Sharks
14.Raiders
15.Knights
16.Eels

The first 5 are locks IMO but anywhere between 6-11 could make the 8.

Great post buddy. I don't claim to be a genius, but generally if a team finishes 6th, 7th or 8th, then they will make the top 8. Ssssh, its a secret, don't go telling anyone.