What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Ladder Predictions

Patorick

Staff member
Loving all the Manly hate in here.

Well and truly under the radar!

Good job there Lowey...

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
This is ground hog day for the eagles, all the posters on here at the start of 08 had the eagles for spoon certainties
No Monaghan no chance if I remeber correctly
Cue 2010 same people same story - no orford no chance of top 8 (given injuries anything could have been)
cue 2011 same people same story
Good luck death riding them again next season!

beads6

First Grade
1.Storm
2.Tigers
3. Broncos
4. Dragons
5. Roosters
6. Raiders
7. Warriors
8. Cowboys
9. Titans
10. Eels
11. Bulldogs
12. Rabbits
13. Penrith
14.Manly
15. Sharks
16. Knights

j0nesy

Bench
Tigers
Raiders
Dragons
Roosters
Panthers
Titans
Sea Eagles
Broncos

Storm
Eels
Warriors
Bulldogs
Rabbitohs
Cowboys
Knights
Sharks

bmwpower

Juniors
1.Tigers
2.Dragons.
3.Roosters
4.Broncos
5.Storm
6.Eels
7.Warriors
8.Knights

9.Bulldogs
10.Panthers
11.Rabbitohs
12.Cowboys
13.Sharks
14.Titans
15.Panthers
16.Raiders

CC_Roosters

First Grade
So hard to split the teams in this comp

TIGERS
DRAGONS
WARRIORS
PANTHERS
RABBITOHS
BRONCOS
ROOSTERS
RAIDERS

Bulldogs
Titans
Cowboys
Sea Eagles
Storm
Eels
Knights
Sharks

poor Sharks, i just can't see them being better than anybody again

Noname36

First Grade
:lol: @ all the people tipping the Knights to be closer to the spoon than the top eight. If we have a decent run with injuries, we will make the top eight, maybe even push for top four.

Oh well, we get picked for the spoon every year. This season we had the worst off-season imaginable, a rookie coach, a "nuffy" roster, had to play without Gidley and other key players for most of the year...and we still didn't even go close to the spoon. I can't see us getting it next year either with an improved roster, unless something even worse happens next year (which I really can't imagine *fingers crossed*).

boxhead

First Grade
The Knights did amazingly well this year considering the off-field crap and injuries they had during the year.....

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I'm comfortably predicting that the Sharks will rise markedly next year.

The recruitment of Jeremy Smith is massive. The man could make Jake the Muss cry in fear, slam a revolving door on Chuck Norris & out draw Clint Eastwood in a duel. All at the same time. Using only his left foot. Which he'd then proceed to win the Academy Award for, in a performance described by critics as leaving Daniel Day-Lewis' efforts in the same role looking like that of a full tard.

He'll also be stopping by to take Raidrs Premiers mother out for a nice seafood dinner - and then NEVER call her again.

Seriously - this guy is a winner of the highest order and in my opinion, easily EASILY the hardest bastard in the NRL.

Bennett said Saints players were in awe of him when he came to the club & we owe a lot to him for our PREMIERSHIP.

The Sharks could well finish as high as 10th next year on the efforts of Jez & Jez alone. If he gets injured again, then its the basement once more.

dogz08

First Grade
Dragons
Tigers
Roosters
Bulldogs
Broncos
Rabbits
Eels
Storm

Titans
Panthers
Warriors
Knights
Sea Eagles
Raiders
Cowboys
Sharks

chefman21

Juniors
I'm comfortably predicting that the Sharks will rise markedly next year.

The recruitment of Jeremy Smith is massive. The man could make Jake the Muss cry in fear, slam a revolving door on Chuck Norris & out draw Clint Eastwood in a duel. All at the same time. Using only his left foot. Which he'd then proceed to win the Academy Award for, in a performance described by critics as leaving Daniel Day-Lewis' efforts in the same role looking like that of a full tard.

He'll also be stopping by to take Raidrs Premiers mother out for a nice seafood dinner - and then NEVER call her again.

Seriously - this guy is a winner of the highest order and in my opinion, easily EASILY the hardest bastard in the NRL.

Bennett said Saints players were in awe of him when he came to the club & we owe a lot to him for our PREMIERSHIP.

The Sharks could well finish as high as 10th next year on the efforts of Jez & Jez alone. If he gets injured again, then its the basement once more.
I don't know... D. Johnson is back next year. But yes, he is a world class player through his sheer toughness. I'm expecting the Sharks to move to anywhere between 9th and 12th position this year.

Choppies

Coach
In no order.
Locks for the 8
Dragons
Roosters
Warriors
Tigers
Titans

Should make it
Panthers
Bulldogs
Broncos
Manly
Storm

in the mix for finals spots
Souths
Eels
Knights
Raiders

no chance

Sharks (borderline with the above group)
Cowboys

anjado

Juniors
1. Sydney Roosters - I personally think the Roosters will be better side next season. The young players have big game experience now. they have also made a quality signing in Anthony Watts who played well every time i watched the Cowboys play, they also get to welcome back Aiden Guerra who i believe is a quality young player and will improve the team.

2. Wests Tigers - Really could of won it this year if the bounce of the ball went there way, With Tuiaki and Moltzen back they should be even better, Robert Lui had a very good finals series so i would go with Moltzen at Fullback.

3. Melbourne Storm - Will be incredibly fired up still have three of the best players in the competition, They will have a very young side so it is difficult to predict what will happen, But if any team can bring through quality young players it's Melbourne.

4. Canberra Raiders - I am banking on Terry Campese to be back relatively early from injury, They have some of the best outside backs in the League and a monster forward pack, If they could only get Gower or Orford then i believe they would win the comp.

5. Warriors - If i were the Warriors i would definitely throw Shaun Johnson into the starting side he looks to me at least that he could be a champion in the making, With the Warriors winning the under 20's grand final so impressively and First Grade doing so well last seasons, This is really the time for the Warriors to make a charge for the Premiership i honestly believe within the next three seasons they will make the Grand Final.

6. Brisbane Broncos - With Hannant and Inglis coming in and Hodges coming back i fully expect them to make the finals this year, Again it will come down to Lockyer but the younger players are a year older and really need to stand up.

7. South Sydney - Souths will make the eight next year despite not adding to there roster they had some promising players in there under 20's side, I would be seriously considering Adam Reynolds for first grade over Sandow, They also need Asotasi to pull his finger out and become the player we know he can be.

8. St George Illawarra - I think they will have a hang over, Teams will work them out and they will have to change to a bit more of an expansive style. Will still make the eight but will miss Smith and Costigan very very badly.

9. Canterbury Bulldogs - Have spent big and will look awesome some weeks and mediocre the next, Have brought in a huge amount of players, I think Keating and Hodgkinson will work well together they did well in city country, Main key is what will happen with Ben Barba will he excel or will he become like Preston Campbell when he was dropped for Kimmorley.

10. North Queensland - They will improve this year i think they will become tough to beat in Townsville, Hopefully Bowen can be fit for the full season, There back line looks exciting, I still think they lack a bit in the forwards but it depends on how Tariq Sims goes.

11. Penrith - I believe Penrith will come crashing down this season, Whilst Pritchard is very lazy he was still always a threat whether he ran the ball twelve times or twice. I think Penrith need to bite the bullet and install either Gordon,Jennings or Coote into five-eighth. I would pick Jennings because he needs to see much more of the ball and move Gordon into Jennings position. Travis Burns whilst a wholehearted player and i can never bag him for that he just doesn't offer enough of a threat to the defence. I would consider moving him to lock.

12. Gold Coast Titans - This will be a transitional year for the Titans they have an old squad and it seems to me they are on there way down. I think last season was there year in a way but they blew it awfully. I think they will find it difficult to bounce back from that.

13. Manly Sea Eagles - Manly for me have a bit of an unknown quality to them in the Halves which is why i have tipped them so low Foran is a good player, But i am not sure how they will go hopefully Stewart gets back into form like the titans i believe there in transition.

14. Parramatta Eels - They are capable of anything in my opinion, But they have to put up with constant bickering and turmoil above them, Another team in transition if i were Parramatta i would be thinking of bringing in the young players early for the likes of Grothe,Burt and Tahu if results are going bad. Be good to see Shackelton back too.

15. Newcastle Knights - I think Newcastle are not a bad team even though i tipped them to come second last it is more by default, I could easily see them making the top 8, have made two good signings in Costigan and Likiliki. It's hard for me to justify them being so low they have a good halves pairing a good hooker, and exciting three quarter line maybe i am just not sold on there forwards.

16. Cronulla Sharks - Whilst i tipped Cronulla to come last i think in terms of on field personal they are heading in the right direction, They have one of the best forward packs in the competition, Wade Graham and Tim Smith are both young and if given time could turn into a good halves pairing, The outside backs are solid with more of an attacking threat now that Covell is finally gone. With Gardner,Gordon and Best they at least pose a threat out wide.

In fact there 1,6,7,9 has some potential for the future they are all young and all have talent, They have the go forward already it's never been the problem hopefully they can improve as a team and more importantly become better to watch from a neutral's perspective.

timka4

Bench
:lol: @ all the people tipping the Knights to be closer to the spoon than the top eight. If we have a decent run with injuries, we will make the top eight, maybe even push for top four.
Don't worry its happened for the past 3 years, and we haven't even gotten bottom 4 once in that time. Made finals 1/3 and just missed it 2/3. We are always underdogs