What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 ROUND 8: Ninjas -V- Titans

Jesbass

First Grade
Chuck Norris Texas Death Ninjas -V- Gold Coast Titans

ChuckNorris.gif
-V-
2010gco-main.jpg

Game Thread:

* This is a game thread only. Only game posts can be made here - team lists, substitutions, and articles.
* Any other posts may result in loss of points and is at the discretion of the referee.
* Only original articles, not used in previous games, will be marked by referees.

Naming Teams:
* 5 -V- 5 (+ 2 reserves for the visiting team, + 3 reserves for the home team)
* No 'TBA' or changing players named
* Captains must stick with original teams named

Rules: http://f7s.leagueunlimited.com/rules.php
Official Word Counter: http://f7s.leagueunlimited.com/wordcount.php

Kick Off: Sunday 24th July 2011 (2100AEST)
Full Time: Wednesday 3rd August 2011 (2100AEST)
Referee: Willow
Venue: Reliant Stadium
ReliantStadium_nightshot.jpg

Previous Matchups This Season:
Titans 435 - Ninjas 433 (Round 3)

Last edited:

edabomb

First Grade
Cheers Jesbass.

Ninjas name their side for this all important clash

Starting
paulquinn49 (c)
edabomb (c)
joshie
jamesgould
CobyDelaney

Bench
Hallatia
gUt
Raider_69

Best of luck to all involved.

Titanic

First Grade
image.php
Fresh from their longest losing streak since the last one, here come the Titans:

1. Amadean
2. Tittoolate
6. tits&tans
7. Titan Uranus
11. Titanic

Bench
8. bgdc
9. TT.BB

joshie

Live Update Team
Joshie takes the first hit up of the match

Digivolving

As an eight year old, when I came home from school I would play outside til 5pm then turn on ‘Fox Kids’ and watch my favourite show: DIGIMON! Digimon was a childrens show that saw a group of kids thwarted into the digital world of monsters. They received what they call Digivice’s which gave them control over their companions. There are two types of Digimon, Data and Virus, the virus digimon being the bad guys. They generally hatched from an egg that was encrypted into a computer, but before hatching was released into the world out of the screen. I loved the show, from Argumon to Puppetmon all the way through to Flamedramon, it was all so fascinating to me. I loved every single episode of the 5 series’ I watched back to back. It was my afternoon ritual at and I did not miss a beat. I loved this show so much that one afternoon; I took an egg out of the fridge and placed it in a cup. My intent was creating a Digimon so I could have my own Patamon to love and care for. I placed water in a quarter of the cup, added salt and vinegar, chuck in some soy sauce, take it out the back and leave it in the sun. I left it there for 7 days. I came back to one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen, it was not my Digimon it was a mouldy egg that smelt really bad. But that is the case in our sports, sometimes our eggs become Digimon and sometimes they smell really bad.

As an eight year old, I tried to play god through the desire to have something to love and care for, spawned from my natural instinct of creativity and exploration. I also nursed the egg. I failed, but I tried.

Many NRL clubs and coaches do the same thing with their junior players, and I have had a first-hand experience at trying to digivolve myself. My friend and I had been approached by the Gold Coast Titans, they propositioned us: play well and one of you will play first grade, but only one. So this was the start, this was our encryption file preparing to be unleashed onto the world as Data Digimon. Fate would have it that I was knocked out after 7 minutes from putting my body on the line. I went to save a try, and had my head kicked as I dove to tackle the ball carrier, I missed. My buddy was signed up and he began training in their development program, He was in, the encryption was complete, and my code had been filled with the Virus.

The universe didn’t want him to play first grade and his leg, was broken ending his dream. The nursing had failed and nothing evolved from his talents, except heart break. Thinking back, many players have not become Digimon when they should have, one is Wille Isa. He was seen to be the next Israel Foalu. He too played in the Storm squad however he failed to reach the same potential as his the previous digimon in ‘his’ jersey. He also, coincidently, broke his leg and Tomane took his place, ending his tenure at Storm and the NRL as he headed for Castleford. It is a bitter end to what could have been a great career for a solid talent, but the competition is just so strong these days and if your encryption is damaged, it’s over. But then everyone once in a while, an ultimate digital monster is created.

Darren Lockyer is a fully developed Digimon and has digivolved fully, he is one the greatest encryptions. Its players like this that get developed correctly and become immortals. His digidestined is the Brisbane Broncos and Wayne Bennett. Over 300 battles and a very successful life, he is about to retire from battle and hand the baton on to the next contender. Who it will be is unknown at this stage and we will have to wait and see if the Broncos can repeat their greatest encryption.

So from kids wanting to be digital creatures, to clubs wishing that they will have a great encryption code, it is human nature to experiment and create. Some are created well and some are never given the chance. Where the development and nurture leads to, no one knows, but one thing is for certain: I STILL WANT A DIGIMON!

TooheysNew

Coach
CobyDelaney for the Ninjas

kondo-khr-2hv-humanoid-robot.jpg

Players are people too…

If I had a dollar for every time I’d heard someone abuse a player for having a bad game, well, I’d have a shit tonne of dollars. It doesn’t matter if I’m watching a game with mates, listening to old blokes ramble on at the pub, or reading online forums – there is always some pelican carrying on about how bad this player is, and how it’s out of character for them to perform so badly. My first thought is always “put yourself in their shoes”. People seem to forget that even elite NRL players are just regular blokes, like you and I, and are affected by the same issues as anyone else.

For example, sitting on the couch watching the game, you might see Minichello drop ball after ball, and look confused and uncomfortable all game. What you don’t see is that he has a virus which is making it difficult for him to breathe, let alone move in an agile manner. You might see Lewis have a poor game, by his own standards. What you don’t see is that he has spent half the night before spray painting the walls of the throne room after a dodgy curry, and that his primary concern is avoiding sharp impacts to the stomach in case he accidentally, well, you get the idea. You might see a rookie player miss a few tackles and look completely distracted all game. What you don’t see is that he has a sick mother at home, and his mind is occupied by more important matters.

Fans don’t see these things. They see the results of the game, and the way a bloke plays, and that is where their information generally stops. They draw their conclusions from what is seen on the field, and if a player does not perform as well as he had in previous weeks, he’s open for criticism. Don’t get me wrong, players are not above criticism, but it is helpful to be mindful of the fact that they are only human.

It seems, at times, that fans would prefer teams to play like robots – each player performing to a predetermined standard, never deviating from this, and never having a bad game. We’d see a much tidier game, with no dropped balls, no forward passes, no imagination and no creativity. Sure, it’d be more tidy to watch, but would it be more interesting?

The irony of fans wanting predictability in performance is that these same fans complain that our game is becoming
too predictable and structured. Teams work their attack towards a specific section of the field to increase their attacking prowess, players are told to work only within their channel, and forwards run lines that they have practiced a thousand times at training. Each play is premeditated, and the entire team is aware of what will happen, before the set even starts. Gone are the days where a hooker would run a blindside play on the last, or a halfback would use his step, his running game, and high risk plays to create an overlap for his outside backs. Try a chip and chase on the second tackle nowadays (regardless of the fullback not being there), and you may as well start running laps as soon as you get to training on Monday, because the coach will tear strips off you!

Perhaps we
should consider taking things one step further, and making the punters and coaches happy. There’d be less cardiovascular problems within the coach’s box, and less disgruntled punters with their money in the pockets of the TAB.

Yes, it would have its positives, but the drawbacks would also be obvious. Unfortunately one of the game’s greatest methods of entertainment, sledging, would be rendered non-existant. “You couldn’t catch herpes in Fanny’s Nightclub you curly headed f**k” just doesn’t have the same ring to it when “herpes” is replaced with “computer virus”, and “Fanny’s” replaced with “PlentyOfFish”. In addition, fights would be less entertaining too – split foreheads and claret spilling everywhere, replaced by exposed wires and oil spraying the field. The cheerleaders would be less entertaining also. I don’t know about you, but I much prefer watching a nice curvy brunette jumping around, than watching an oversized vacuum cleaner waving pompoms.

But do the positives outweigh the negatives? You be the judge.

National Robot League (NRL) anyone?

Last edited:

Titanic

First Grade
image.php
Titanic for the Titans (750 OWC)

images

Dear Mr. Searle

I am very pleased that you have returned safely from your fact-finding mission to the good ole U.S. of A. I am feeling a little off myself, in fact, more than a little off... more like downright nauseous.

We seem to have a problem. Remember that group of likely lads who so proudly took the field in Titans colours? I am sure you can recall them. I don’t mean those big-end high-flyer would-be mates of yours in Sydney... the be-all and end-all of everything in rugby league Commission. No, I am not talking about the fruit of your community endeavours. I mean those ones you have contracted who, while not as prestigious as those big-shots, are your surrogate family.

They have issues about team spirit and attitude. These have manifested into atrocious playing whilst having horrendous scores posted against them. The entire Gold Coast population is wincing in embarrassment at their ineptitude.

Now Michael, I don’t want to seem like some over-zealous parent, running up and down the sideline at a Junior League game but I think it’s time for some straight talking. It’s probably better that it comes from me rather than some nong who insanely pins their entire life around the performance of the team and who may just as easily turn to the Suns or United for succour.

Seriously, you may not know it but our coaching staff stink. I use the term metaphorically because I’ve seen Carty, Gilly and Murph regularly bathing together in the spa at the Pink Poodle when I do my Dry Cleaning delivery. They seem to be well liked, particularly by the girls... but they can’t coach.

We all understand that the players don't look to each other for confidence because they all have their personal issues - that's what the coaching staff members are supposed to do... they provide the answers, except in our case where they provide nothing.

Locker-banging, swearing sessions at half time will work exactly once... just ask Roy Masters. We’ve had nine opportunities to do this in a row... the team has moved way beyond that now. Last week Gilly and Murph decided to split the team up at half time. I had actually been encouraged by a reasonable first half performance but when they returned after the break they played like separate teams... whatever they did worked.

Frankly Big Mikey, when the commentators refer to Cartwright as "doing it hard" I want to puke ... of course he's doing it hard but not as hard as the players who need an analytical mind to turn to. Let's face it, our player management is poor... we can buy them but we can't coach them. Not only that, the ones we let go come back to haunt us and not just this season either.

Furthermore, the scene during a recent match where Palmer was nearly run-over during the game, followed by the comment that "everyone knows he coaches from behind the play" is equally as galling. No wonder the blokes are all over the place, they've got too many non-players telling them what to do... our on-field leadership is non-existent. I don't like Belcher as a commentator but he said during another game, "I never believe what the players say, I just watch what they do on the field"... our valiant Prince stated after the last dismal defeat, "I really take a loss to heart"... rubbish.

Wayne Bennett, lamenting his own team’s performances over the last two weeks, offered, "but if they don't want to do it out there then it doesn't matter who is doing what (in here)."

Our team's hopeless... we all know that, however, losing is one thing while burying your head in the sand is another. Where now the boast that the Titans are rugby league’s exemplary role model? I have a copy of Alpha Magazine featuring a huge spread about the Titans five year plan and predicting a 2011 Premiership... ha bloody ha.

Instead, both our teams, NRL and NYC are staring-down dual wooden spoons... an NRL first.

Mr. Searle, you must break your silence and give the Club some leadership. The fans deserve better. Big-noting yourself has alienated the Club from the rest of the rugby league community. The Centre of Excellence is a shining example of underachievement and a monument to mediocrity.

One last piece of advice; why not take some time to explain to your staff the relationship between a reality check and their pay cheque?

Yours Titanicly.

Last edited:

bgdc

Juniors
image.php
bgdc laces-up for the Titans (officially 750 words between the stars)

images

Women in Rugby League

In Ancient times and in the Victorian era, women were discouraged from watching and participating in physical activity. This view was held because a woman was supposed to be passive, obedient and attractive to her male friends. Traditionally men have dominated sports like rugby league. In fact, it was often argued that contact sport was harmful to women. This attitude has changed dramatically especially since the 1960s when the women's liberation movement strongly demanded gender equality.

Australia in the modern age is a nation galvanised by the tribal culture of action sports not the least of which is rugby league. Rugby league unites us as people as we play and discuss events together. Gradually women and girls have added their numbers to the 'sporting religion' of Australia. In 1987, the Women and Sport Unit was developed to increase participation and community awareness of the importance of physical activity for females – rugby league has positioned itself at the forefront of this movement.

Rugby league holds a significant place in our society, as does the media which is responsible for communicating the importance of its impact on our lives. Just as our sport is crucial to the media, the media is as critically important to rugby league's image. Although women have made significant contributions to the code in Australia, female players are unlikely to achieve equality with men in the media but they are gaining more influence.

In terms of coverage a few years ago, women players were almost invisible. In a report titled Empowering Women in Sports, it was found that in ‘2003 that only 5 percent of televised sports news covered women's sports' with women’s rugby league not even troubling the statisticians. This was virtually the same percentage as in 1989. The report's findings also mentioned that in the print media, a study of four major newspapers found that fewer than 5 percent of all sports stories were devoted to women.

Today, although sports media coverage favours men, there is increasing attention being paid to women in sport and rugby league is commanding its share. Television coverage of the Olympic Games is generally attributed as the catalyst for bringing women athletes into the limelight. Women's sporting performances have improved as a result of more competition and improved media attention but what about rugby league?

No longer confined to the canteen or cheerleading, women have made huge gains supported by some excellent initiatives from rugby league administration who have lauded the contribution that women have made to this once men-only domain, in particular the annual Women in League round of NRL fixtures.

Statistics compiled by the Australian Sports Commission indicate that 'women have only had access to an average of 25 percent of all sporting events and that they have comprised an average of 23 percent of Australian teams'. At the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta though, 36 percent of athletes were women. This is a positive indication that despite men's attitude towards women in the past, conditions and outlooks are slowly improving. Coincidentally, although the National Women’s Rugby League was formed in 1993, it wasn’t officially sanctioned until 1998.

Often maligned as a “girls game” by hardline rugby league pundits, Touch has become one of the main conduits for women to take up rugby league in its full contact form. Of the current Jillaroos, the Australian Women’s representative team, all of the players were introduced to the sport through Touch. Furthermore, the fledgling Australian Schoolgirls has now blossomed with funding from the ARL Foundation.

I offer a few strategies that could be adopted to bring about a change in attitude towards women in football and gender equity. These strategies include: supporting and encouraging televised NWRL matches; challenging the myths and stereotypes which surround women, as stereotypes unchallenged are stereotypes accepted. Another strategy involves a push for recognition of gender equality, an issue in rugby league that applies to two basic areas; participation opportunities and sporting funding.

Taking these points to mind, the rugby league community needs to create a climate in which sport and fitness are for everyone to enjoy, where everyone's abilities are tested and respected. As women develop greater interest in rugby league, their own attitude to their bodies has changed and women's sporting prowess has improved as a result of more competition.

Finally, with the support of the media and understanding from the public, female rugby league players will eventually earn the same respect, if not the same recognition as their male counterparts.

Last edited:

tits&tans

Juniors
image.php

tits&tans for the Titans

738 words (OWC) between the stars

Avariciousness

After a tough day, there’s nothing like settling down in your favourite armchair with a glass of 18-year-old Glen Elgin or 21-year-old Royal Lachnagar and a good book. I’ve been an esurient reader ever since the cereal packets on the breakfast table when I was a kid. I remember following Coco the Monkey and Tony the Tiger on their adventures and being so engrossed that my cereal turned to mush.

I will read pretty much anything (except for trashy romance novels) although I do have my favourites. As much as I enjoy whiling away an evening with my nose in a good thriller, or a historical work of non-fiction, I will happily forego a night’s sleep or an important client meeting for an extra few hours of two particular genres: sport biographies and mathematics textbooks. It’s an eclectic combination I know, but what can I say,I am inspired by one and challenged by the other. In particular I like rugby league biographies and I have devoured all that my local bookstores and Amazon have.

My bookcases are covered in titles such as Tries the Limit, Man of Steel, Down & Under, Coming Clean, Booze Brawls Sex and Scandals, and Saint & Sinner and predominantly deal with UK-based league players. I was recently given Big Artie: The Autobiography and Wayne Bennett’s The Man in the Mirror and am now investigating further into the area of NRL biographies. I am not really sure what stopped me doing this in the past, because those two books are "cracking reads".

These books are interspersed with my other love boasting such inspiring titles as Men in Mathematics, Schaum’s Outline of Linear Probability, Solving Second Order Differential Equations and Defining Hilbert Spaces.

You can only imagine my absolute delight when, flicking though a journal published by the Cambridge Advanced Workshop on Exploratory Mathematical Learning, I came across a calculus problem concerning maximizing angles between lines. Not the most delightful subject, I hear you cry, but bear with me. The worked example and context they provided was, and I quote:
“In rugby, after a try has been scored, the scoring team has the opportunity to gain further points by "kicking a conversion." The kick can be taken from anywhere on an imaginary line and goes through the point that the try was scored. Where should the kick be taken from to maximize the chance of a score?”
In other words, does a place exist from which to kick the conversion?

There were a number of methods suggested to solve this problem, ranging from plane geometry to calculus to discrete probability to code-based linear programming.

This last approach was the most novel and it involved two of the researchers (Wilensky and Resnick) simply imagining a string of players all standing along a line (perpendicular to one of the side lines) and kicking thousands of balls in random directions. To find the best point from which to kick, they simply needed to write a computer program that would determine which player scored the most conversions. A very clever approach. The program counted every time one of the players scored and produced a diagrammatic representation:

rugby2.jpg

The longest blue bar on the left indicated which position was optimal.

For the nerds out there among you, the (simplified version of the) code was along the lines of the following:
kick
{ //player kicks a ball
if stopped = 0 //at each tick the ball moves forward one unit
if out-of-bounds? [set stopped=“1”] //no goal, try again
if goal?
[set stopped=1 set scored=“scored + 1” reset runningscore]
[set position = (line - x) (origin - y - 50)]
[set runningscore = (line - x) (origin - y - 50)) + 1 stop]
//player scored, increment the running score for the position from which the ball was kicked
}
end;
They then pontificated on whether simply modeling such an event is sufficient to allow us to draw a conclusion or whether it simply indicates possible intra- and extra-mathematical connections. It then seemed like they both had actually had some experience playing rugby as the questions they posited weren’t typically mathematical, e.g. what is the local effect of the grass grain and air resistance on the ball's path?

It is in these moments, when two areas of interest collide together, that I believe we find the real meaning of life. And if nothing else, it makes we want to spend another couple of decades “trawling” through books to find more such moments.

Last edited:

jamesgould

Juniors
For the Ninjas:

So close

Kiwi fans are crowing. In the next few years, they are expected to add to their current haul of trophies. Finally they are in the same class as Australia.

Hmm, or at least I’ve read that a few times. And I must say, it annoys me. I’m about to go down a path that will probably irritate some. But I feel it needs to be done. Yes folks, I’m talking about the wonderful world of: WHAT IF?

These things did not happen. They did, however, go very close to happening, and I think make a mockery of the claim that until the last few years Australia has always been miles ahead of New Zealand in international league. Since I’ve been watching from the early 1990s, sure – there have been plenty of blow-outs – but the Kiwis have never been far from glory in the big events.

We’ll start with the 1995 World Cup. The Kiwis limped into the semi finals with a come from behind 25-24 win over Tonga. Even the biggest fan was cynical about their chances against Australia. However come the semi final, while down early, the Kiwis produced one of their most stirring comebacks, leaving the score 20-all at the end of regulation time. Seconds before the end of 80 minutes, Matthew Ridge took a field goal attempt which shaved the upright. Extra time was called, and Australia ran away with it 30-20.

Australia progressed to the final where they comfortably accounted for England 16-8. We can hazard a guess that had Ridge’s field goal went over, New Zealand would have won the 1995 World Cup.

The 1999 Tri Nations was an exciting new concept, and it began with New Zealand defeating Australia 24-22. They finished minor premiers and headed to the final as favourites. They lead the final by 20-18 with five minutes remaining. Unfortunately, in a heartbreaking finish for the sold-out Ericsson Stadium crowd, a piece of Brett Kimmorley magic sparked a long range try to Wendell Sailor, and Australia held on to triumph 22-20. Obviously, New Zealand were not far from winning the 1999 Tri Nations.

Onto the 2000 World Cup, and this “what if” doesn’t involve New Zealand. Going into the final, the Kiwis were the form team of the competition – defeating England in their semi final by a whopping 49-6. Australia had a lot more trouble in their semi. Playing Wales they trailed 20-8 after just 26 minutes. With 23 minutes, Australia were still behind by 22 points to 20.

Wales could not hold on, and Australia ran over them in the final minutes to win 46-22. They then accounted for New Zealand 40-12 in the final. However (and this is the longest bow I draw) had Wales defeated Australia in the semi, I can see no other result than a Kiwi win in the final!

The 2006 Tri Nations was a controversy filled tournament, and this is the most well-known of the Kiwis’ near misses. The final was a classic encounter, going into golden point. A Brett Webb field goal somehow swung wide of the posts in the first half of golden point, before a Darren Lockyer try sealed Australia’s win. Had Webb’s field goal gone over – 2006 Tri Nations to New Zealand.

Finally, the 2009 Four Nations was an England – Australia final. The opening game was a 20 all draw between New Zealand and Australia. All that stood between the Kiwis and victory in game one was goal-kicking – with most agreeing they were the better side, and the four tries to three score-sheet agreeing with that. The simplest missed goal was from Isaac Luke after a Lance Hohaia try beside the posts. Had it gone over, New Zealand would have finished equal first on the table, and with the best for and against in the tournament – progressed to the final. From there, their earlier win against Australia would surely have given them the impetus to win the tournament.

So there you have it. In my magical “What If” world, I’ve added five major tournaments to the Kiwis swag. The only one they were never a chance in was the 2004 Tri Nations.

Of course, they did not win these games and trophies. But my point is that apart from their recent triumphs, they have done New Zealand proud and been inches from glory on many other occasions. Australia’s little cousin? I think not. The Kiwis are Australia’s equals on the international league field, and have been for some time.

edabomb

First Grade
edabomb for the Ninjas
------------------------------------------

NRL Psycho

This month's guest columnist is Doctor Roger Kenworthy. Doctor Kenworthy is a highly regarded figure in the sports psychology field, and he has three case studies to share.

In my time as a Sports Psychologist I have come across both the typical and the bizarre, as this column will attest. It should be noted that my work has been largely based in the rugby league community.

Case Study One: The Obsessive Compulsive

The first case study I have to offer is the story of a rugby league coach whose moods would correlate with his team’s performances, and nobody was spared the brunt of his extreme emotions. His marriage was on the rocks, the children sensed this and were withdrawing from social behaviour. The coach came to me seeking advice on how to achieve a balance.

The first thing I did was book him in some weekly family time. Spending four hours on either Saturday or Sunday (depending on his team’s fixtures) with his family in a relaxed environment seemed fitting. Then I scheduled a fortnightly session at my office where he could vent his frustrations openly, without the worry of offending anyone. In a high stress environment these feelings can manifest greatly over time, a regular release is the first avenue to explore. By starting with a simple treatment we could delve into the real issues over time. This behaviour is very typical, professional sporting coaches struggle to separate the different aspects of their life over a season.

Case Study Two: The 3M Nasal Strips

This rugby league playing patient had one of the stranger cases I have seen in my time. He had struggled on the weekend prior to his visit, letting his opponent over for four tries. He was a proud defender and had felt completely emasculated by the display, that night he'd had nightmares about his opponent’s performance. The next evening he organised a night out with his partner. Things went well, and he stayed at her place for the first time.

The next morning he awoke to her advances, but gasped in horror as he noticed she was wearing a 3M nasal strip, the exact type his opponent had been wearing on the weekend. She looked at him strangely, but he indicated to her that there wasn't a problem. Five minutes later he realised there was, the weekends match had led to a sexual aversion to 3M nasal strips. He left abruptly and made his appointment to see me. We spent several sessions discussing the matter, but he never managed to separate the girl from the nasal strip. At our last meeting he decided a clean break was the answer, a relationship destroyed by a three week fad in 1996.

Case Study Three: Projection

The next case was also of the bizarre variety, but I made the diagnosis within five minutes. The patient was the video review specialist for an NRL side, basically he talked to the coaching staff about what they wanted to see on opposing teams and set up a video package. This particular week he came to see me upon the recommendation of his wife, who said he'd been driving his family up the wall the past ten days. I enquired about his current work habits over the phone. He said he was on a standard eight hour day, hadn't been staying at work late and wasn't under any pressure. He'd spent two weeks preparing tape on one specific team over a bye week, but a bit of boredom was his only complaint.

As he entered the office I asked him to sit down. As I sat I knocked over a pen holder and sent a few flying - “stacks on the mill!” shrieked the patient. Very interesting behaviour. I reconfirmed his reason for being here - “my wife gave me the boarding pass Doc. She's a great lady, seventy kilograms of prime Irish beef!”. It was at this stage I began to see the problem, but I still needed one final confirmation. I told the patient we were to do a word association exercise, and I played him a video of a big tackle in the NRL. “ROCK ME BABY!!!!” he screamed at the top of his lungs. I instructed him to continue his work on the upcoming Warriors match with the videos on mute; he had one of the rare cases of Jason Costigan syndrome. 1

1 Doctor L. Nut - 'Crazy' (http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showpost.php?p=6765573&postcount=5)

------------------------------------------
748 words in OWC

edabomb

First Grade
Bad luck Titans, hopefully you manage the 5 next round. Same goes for us, Quinny was called away to work and failed to get our fifth in.

Jesbass

First Grade
I was of the understanding that marks would be posted last night. Unless my calendar is wrong, I presume they're arriving today...?