What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Super League results & crowds

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
Cas 6-48 Leeds

Leeds were awesome in both attack and Defence tonight and Danny McGuire and Jamie Peacock hyave made immediate impacts to the Leeds team. The season starts now for us

LunarPark

Juniors
Leeds on a role and Cas going backwards a bit. Peacock back at last! Great to hear. Catalans will be in for some big crowds if they keep winning, especially for the grand opening of the new stand against Leeds.

JasonE

Bench
I'd pick this guy for England, he can play!

Here's my team v Exiles, a good chance to blood a couple of youngsters.
1. Sam Tomkins
2. Kallum Watkins
3. Kirk Yeaman
4. Michael Shenton
5. Tom Briscoe
6. Kevin Brown
7. Danny Brough

8. James Graham
9. James Roby
10. Jamie Peacock (if he goes well on return from injury)
11. Ben Westwood
12. Joel Tomkins
13. Sean O'Loughlin

14. Shaun Lunt
15. Eorl Crabtree
16. Louis McCarthy Scarsbrook
17. Jonny Lomax

hutch

First Grade
Not a bad team but I just don't rate kevin brown, he goes ok at club level but is not international standard!

JasonE

Bench
Well, we can scratch Kallum Watkins because he is out for three months with a wrist injury.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Today's results:

Harlequins 16-34 Salford
Catalans 13-12 Huddersfield

Catalans fielded 13 French players and are now unbeaten in 6 matches.

Last edited:

LunarPark

Juniors
Keep it up Catalans. Big test vs Leeds next week. Two teams who have hit form and leads have a few important players back. Catalans are going very well with a few injuries. Might be hard for Robinson to find a spot for some of the injured players!

Didgi

Watkins is out for several months now unfortunately :(

Dureau has been going really well with Catalan, no one could have picked it after his form for Newcastle.

Rangi Chase was dangerous as usual for Castleford, pity they lost the early momentum (and he 2 try assists to his name) to refereeing. I read on another forum he's set to go to Leeds, does anyone have any info on that? Seems after Leeds fans got over their pain at seeing him seat Sinfield they were quite partial to the idea.

Awesome to see the unpredictability of anyone being able to beat anyone else at this stage of the comp. Hopefully we continue to see some great rugby being played over the rest of the round.

deluded pom?

Coach
I read on another forum he's set to go to Leeds, does anyone have any info on that? Seems after Leeds fans got over their pain at seeing him seat Sinfield they were quite partial to the idea.

I've not seen it anywhere but it wouldn't surprise me. Leeds have a history of cherry picking other teams best players. They just don't seem to see the bigger picture. They took Sheffield's best player off them and only last year signed Weller Hauraki from Crusaders at a time when Crusaders needed a bit of stability. I don't know if Crusaders received a payment from Leeds. If they were taking players from other more well established teams that could cope more easily with the loss then fair enough but these are/were development teams that needed to keep their top players to get some credibility.

The Clan

Juniors
7,300 at Wakefield Vs Hull KR

1,000 up on the same fixture of last year, Wakefields crowds are up by an average of 675 from the corresponding fixtures of 2010.

For the second time this year Wakefield Trinity have advertised their game on National television, to my knowledge, no other club has done this and Wakefield will be repeating the marketing strategy a few more times before the season ends.

After all the doom & gloom of the pre season, Trinity are now making great strides forward, the team today contained just two non English players (1 French, 1 Ausie).

Six of the team came through to clubs Academy and it could have been more but some of the kids were rested for this game, despite having two players over 32, the average age of today's team was 23.

Last edited:

deluded pom?

Coach
Wakefield seem to be confounding all their critics this season. Especially with what is virtually a young all British team barring a couple of overseas players, one of whom is French. Power to their elbow. Fifteen teams for SLE in 2012?

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Yeah, I'm a little stunned by Wakefield. I'm far from an expert on Super League, though I try to stay as up to date with players/squads as I can, but I really did believe that they would struggle to win more than 2 or 3 games.

On Quins, I really do believe that a team in London is important for the game, but very clearly Quins is not working. I think the RFL need to urgently re-think the type of club that they want to have representing the game in London.

And Warrington have now scored more than 50 points 4 times in 13 games. With 3 in the 60's. Christ they can rack up some points.

adamkungl

Immortal
On Quins, I really do believe that a team in London is important for the game, but very clearly Quins is not working. I think the RFL need to urgently re-think the type of club that they want to have representing the game in London.

This.

Whatever they're doing isn't working. With good marketing in a city of 7 million there should be more than the paltry 1000-2000 people that turn up to watch them

Latest posts