What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 top 25 squads for NRL

Bazal

Post Whore
You missed him, he is in the number 7 jersey.

Bazal's top 25 is not what it will likely be, no offence to Bazal but he excluded a few players that will definitely be in the top 17 next year.

This is more likely what it will be for the Eels at the start of the year, if Matt Orford signs (which seems likely now);

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Luke Burt
3. Joel Reddy
4. Timana Tahu
5. Eric Grothe Junior
6. Daniel Mortimer
7. Matt Orford
8. Tim Mannah
9. Casey Mcguire
10. Fui Fui Moi Moi
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Ben Smith
13. Justin Horo

14. Anthony Mitchell
15. Shane Shackleton
16. Justin Poore
17. Carl Webb

18. Jeff Robson
19. Matt Keating
20. Tom Humble
21. Taniela Lasalo
22. Manase Manuokafoa
23. Ken Sio
24. Brad Murray
25. Paki Afu

The 6, 7, 9 and 14 are all severely debatable at this stage.....the rest of the 17 is pretty much guaranteed, maybe a few issues of position (i.e. whether Poore or Mannah starts, whether Shack or Horo starts, etc).

The 18-25 is also debatable, however at this stage quite a few of those players are certainties (Robson, Keating, Humble, Lasalo, Manuokafoa, Murray).

This is all subject to change however, although I am expecting of the spine positions that Anthony Mitchell will take the number 14 and Mcguire seems likely for the number 9, and Orford for the 7. The 6 position is the most hotly debated of all of them.
I've also probably missed a few players that should be in the top 25, but that's what I expect at this stage.
I think that 18-25 has too many outside backs and not enough forwards, I think that's where I have made the issue.
And yeah it does look like there may be another signing aside from Orford.

None taken, but lol...there are only two real differences between our top 25s...Orford, who was and is still a rumour, and Paki Afu, who I would be stunned if he was in...

Bazal

Post Whore
I think so. At least to start the year. Mitchell is a great talent but still largely untested, and probably a better option off the bench than McGuire. Casey is still a good player and easily better than Robson and Keating.

DFC005

Juniors
Guess it shows how weak the Eels spine is when old blokes like McGuire and Orford are so sort after.

Bazal

Post Whore
Casey is slipping under the radar a bit I reckon, he's still a quality player and not hugely old at 30. Orford...well, we are desperate for a decent seven but I'm not sold. His injury is a concern for sure, and he's a choker.

Bazal

Post Whore
Seems ok...I don't think Breust is under top 25 contract, not sure on Peletelese either.

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
He's been signed for a while, actually, but not to a top contract. He's on an NYC or second tier deal you'll find...and won't be part of the top 25