What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Australia Open Campaign

joshie

Live Update Team
That is all she wrote. Roddick retires.

Hewitt 3-6, 6-3, 6-4 over the retiring roddick
Bartoli 6-3, 6-2 over Aussie Dokic
Tipsarevic 3-6, 6-2, 7-6, 6-4 over Aussie Duckworth

I still remember when Roddick burst onto the scene, he had huge wraps on him and was tipped for greatness, but it just never really happened for him. Much like Hewitt, he was a champion player, but he could never beat Roger. If you told me 10 years ago that Roddick would only ever win 1 grand slam event I would have called you crazy.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Yeah, the ATP tour is one of the hardest to win... you just never know who's going to pop up when. I mean I thought the Roger Federer was immortal and would still be #1 today, but Novak popped out of niowhere... and look at Andy Murray... he looks like he might get to the top one day too!

As for last night, Hewitt was lucky to get through. I would have liked to know what the situation would've been had Roddick not picked up that injury. Ugly win, but win nonetheless.

I'm just glad Ivanovic and Kirilenko won :)

Bulldog Force

Referee
Couple of games already played & decided:

Azarenka easily defeats Barthel 6-2, 6-4, and Czech Benesova breezes past Russian Bratchikova 6-1, 6-3.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Karlovic is giving it to Federer. 5-4 to the big serving, gigantic Croat! Imagine trying to return serve from a 6'10" man!

Bulldog Force

Referee
Wozniaki wins an entertaining match over Nicelescu 6-2 6-2. Plenty of exciting long rallies.
Radwanska defeats Voskoboeva by the same score, 6-2, 6-2. Goerges comes back from 1 set down to defeat Oprandi 3-6, 6-3, 6-1. Oprandi is the same lady who defeated Francesca Schiavone in straights sets. Very impressive.

Federer takes the first set against Karlovic 7-6. Currently 1-1 in the 2nd. The last thing Karlovic can do now is lose morale after such a long first set (53 mins). He'll need to stay positive and use his most dangerous weapon efficiently, his massive serve!

Bulldog Force

Referee
Federer wins in straight sets. Lopez also wins, but in 5. It was Isners 2nd straight 5 set match. I think he was running on fumes and just too fatigued to do it anymore!

The 6'10" and 6'9" men are both eliminated within the space of a few hours. Shocking!

joshie

Live Update Team
Tomic has had two strong 40-love leads and is forced to play yet another deuce and could lose this set too

Bulldog Force

Referee
Oh not liking his. My 'other' gem Hantuchova has lost the first set against Clijsters! Looks like she may be heading home tomorrow :(

Bulldog Force

Referee
Tomic's doing very well! It's scary to think how much better he's getting with each passing year! I think whoever goes through from this match regardless will be no match for Federer. I want to be wrong though.

Hantuchova bows out in straight sets to Clijsters :( Down to my last 2 babies now... Kiri and Ana :)

joshie

Live Update Team
and deuce in a very important game here! 6-5 to tomic!

and why do people give up on tennis players before games even start! i think he has the potential to beat federer if he keeps his cool! the fed ex is losing it a bit!

but each to their own!

and yeah i remember Tomics debut game, hes been my fav player ever since!