What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Australia Open Campaign

Danish

Referee
Well I was only off by a game... Haha.

Can't wait to watch him go up against Federer again. I think he will push him although he'll probably end up going down in 4.

This kid is really going to be something special

joshie

Live Update Team
I honestly think he CAN beat federer haha! why dont people believe me

and yes danish, only off by one :p

how good is he looking atm tho

joshie

Live Update Team
Bad injury here! Medina is crying!

horrible ankle injury

Last edited:
That's what happened. Watched Tomic at work, I was closing up at 11, right after he wins, I get home and flick it on and there's no womens match at all. Didn't know she retired. Big win by Tomic, but he'll need to go up another gear to beat Federer, I think he's got it in him, but he may just be a little drained (he's had 2 matches go the distance and another 4 setter). I'm tipping Federer in 4 tough sets.

joshie

Live Update Team
I am praying that Bernard takes out Tomic! It would be something truly special for an Australian to possibly win the 100th Australian Open Men's Championship! I think he is our best chance and I am all for Hewitt making a few upsets along the way!

COME ON TOMIC, YOU CAN DO IT!

He has taken Fed to four sets before, but he has vastly improved since then.

Bulldog Force

Referee
I hope he can do it but I don't think he can :( I want to be wrong though. He's looking good but there is daylight between Federer and Tomic in rankings. There's a big difference between Federer and Dolgopotov, and he pushed him to 5 sets. I think Federer just has too much experience in the game to lose this one.

Chip Bayless

Juniors
I called a R4 match up for Tomic vs Federer - it's happened. Tomic win or lose comes out a better player. I love the heart his has shown in his Australian Open campaign. Coupled with his Top 10 talent, my prediction for his breakout year in 2012 realising is still on track. I like him at Wimbledon. I think he will be good at the US Open too. I hope he can win though if he loses, I hope he takes it to at least four sets. Looking forward to this match.

Let's go Leyton Hewitt as well in R3.

joshie

Live Update Team
Still bulldog, we have to have faith. And I have plenty of that for our aussies as you can tell haha

anyway

Czech Petra Kvitova has beaten Russian Beauty Maria Kirilenko 6-0, 1-0. Kirlenko retired

this had to retire :(

closeup3.jpg

Shame to see her go out, but honestly, before she called for the trainer at 5-0 in the first it seemed like there was nothing wrong with her at all. Maybe she was trying to hide it, but it almost seemed like she gave up. That said, if she was hurt it would explain the scoreline.

Sharapova already up a break in her match 2-0 in the first
Tsonga up 2 sets and a break serving at 6-2 6-2 2-1, will probably finish that off shortly
Cristea also won the first set in her match in a tie breaker. Will be interesting to see how far she goes.

Mig2006

Juniors
I'm really getting jack of these female tennis players grunting and moaning like they've had an all nighter with Dirk Diggler. It should be banned and banned now - it is flat out annoying!

joshie

Live Update Team
I'm really getting jack of these female tennis players grunting and moaning like they've had an all nighter with Dirk Diggler. It should be banned and banned now - it is flat out annoying!

how else will teenage boys dream and make it seem REAL! :sarcasm:

joshie

Live Update Team
but the gorgeou Sharapova has won the match with an almighty groan Mig

6-1, 6-2 over Angelique Kerber