What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Australia Open Campaign

joshie

Live Update Team
the reaction from Ana Ivanaovich says how shes feeling and where she could be going

She beats King 6-3, 6-4

Bulldog Force

Referee
Well Joshie, now you know why Kirilenko is one of my babies <3 Sad to see her end her campaign like that though :(

It's all up to my last remaining lady, the immaculate Ana Ivanovic!

joshie

Live Update Team
tight game here and Hewitt is losing it a little bit in the tie break for the third set. 6-5, set point hewitt

joshie

Live Update Team
Well Joshie, now you know why Kirilenko is one of my babies <3 Sad to see her end her campaign like that though :(

It's all up to my last remaining lady, the immaculate Ana Ivanovic!

that is true :(

and Maria Sharapova and Ana are my ladies left

Danish

Referee
If Hewitt had the natural gifts of djokovic he'd have won 20+ slams in his career

The very definition of guts and determination

andrew057

First Grade
If Hewitt had the natural gifts of djokovic he'd have won 20+ slams in his career

The very definition of guts and determination

Yeah if Hewitt had a better serve and a better backhand and few other things he wouldve won a couple more :lol:

Danish

Referee
What an absolute champion Hewitt is.

I have no idea why he gets such a bad wrap by the Australian public. Our most successful tennis player in 30 years, could never be considered a choker and forever winning as the underdog. What's more he is always humble in both victory and defeat.

It's like because he yells out "C'MON!!!" after big points (something ALL tennis players do btw) people hate him.

Shame on you Australian public

andrew057

First Grade
What an absolute champion Hewitt is.

I have no idea why he gets such a bad wrap by the Australian public. Our most successful tennis player in 30 years, could never be considered a choker and forever winning as the underdog. What's more he is always humble in both victory and defeat.

It's like because he yells out "C'MON!!!" after big points (something ALL tennis players do btw) people hate him.

Shame on you Australian public

Hes a f**kin sook. "Ohh the courts are too fast" "No theyre too slow", whinges a lot, is racist and has a face youd like to punch.

andrew057

First Grade
A timeline of Hewitt indiscretions
January 2000: A teenage Hewitt, upset after his hometown crowd raucously cheered on his unheralded Aussie opponent Dejan Petrovic during the AAPT Championships in Adelaide, slams "the stupidity of the Australian public" at a press conference. Hewitt goes on to win the tournament but a month later, Inside Sport magazine rates him as Australia's least-admired sports person.
May 2001: Hewitt is fined US$1000 for calling chair umpire Andres Egli a "spastic" during a French Open fourth round match. Hewitt apologises, but declines an invitation from the Spastic Centre of Australia to visit one of its centres. "It's a great shame that having spasticity, which is one of the major conditions associated with having cerebral palsy, should be used in such a derogatory way," says Spastic Centre chief executive Rob White.
September 2001: Hewitt is accused of racism during a match against African-American opponent James Blake at the US Open. Upset at twice being foot-faulted, Hewitt approached the umpire demanding the linesman in question - also an African-American - be changed. "Look at him", Hewitt said, gesturing first at Blake and then at the linesman, "look at him and you tell me what the similarity is". Hewitt insists there were no racial overtones in his outburst, escapes punishment and wins the tournament, beating Pete Sampras in the final.
January 2005 and 2006: Hewitt blames his exits from the Australian Open on the slow and uneven rebound ace surfaces at Melbourne Park. "I don't think there's been a lot of homework done on how the balls play on this surface & I feel like I'm fighting with people that we should be working together to try and make Australian tennis better," he tells a press conference in 2006, insinuating that event organisers should be tailoring the surface to better suit his own game.
June 2008: Hewitt cops a US$1000 fine for unsportsmanlike behaviour during his first-round Wimbledon clash with Dutchman Robin Hasse. Ignoring a warning from chair umpire Fergus Murphy, Hewitt smashed his racquet on the ground and launched several verbal tirades at a line judge for foot-faulting him. When asked if Murphy was right to call his conduct unsportsmanlike, Hewitt says: "I would doubt it. No, I would be fighting that".

http://tvnz.co.nz/tennis-news/lleyton-hewitt-s-foot-in-mouth-outbreaks-2803079

What an "absolutel champion", how can anyopne dislike the guy?

Chip Bayless

Juniors
Hmm...I did forget the 2001 incident. That said, no charge or punishment laid.

As a tennis player, I am a Leyton Hewitt fan.

Chip Bayless

Juniors
I youtube'd it too andrew057. Definitely ugly. Blake gave him the benefit of the doubt, I will too. A young Leyton Hewitt definitely rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, made mistakes as young man. Not the first, not the last as an athlete or young man growing up.

Latest posts