What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Australia Open Campaign

joshie

Live Update Team
Clijsters has beaten Li Na 4-6, 7-6, 6-4

Li had two match points during the tie break in the second set, also had a break lead over Clijsteers but let it slip

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
id love to see tomic win but hes coming against one of the best players of all time and bernie nowhere near his prime yet, so Fed Ex 6 - 3, 6 -2, 6 - 3... id love to see

6 - 4, 4 - 6, 5 - 7, 7 - 6, 8 - 6 with Tomic winning after 4 hours and 54 mins :)

Del Potro and Berdych both won their matches in the past hour against Kohlschrieber and Almagro. Del Potro will play Federer/Tomic and Berdych will play Nadal.

At a key point in the match Almagro hit the ball at Berdych while he was up at the net. He immediately apologised, but Berdych didn't accept it. Berdych won the match and refused to shake hands and he got boo'd as bad as I've seen anyone cop it.

Last edited:

Bulldog Force

Referee
Does anyone else hear some weird moaning during the Federer/Tomic warm up? It sounds like a Serena Williams-type moan coming from the court next door LOL. Who can moan that loud the we hear it from RLA??

joshie

Live Update Team
Does anyone else hear some weird moaning during the Federer/Tomic warm up? It sounds like a Serena Williams-type moan coming from the court next door LOL. Who can moan that loud the we hear it from RLA??

sorry me and my misses were at the grounds tonight :sarcasm:

Federer looks intense tonight! he knows something could be up as Tomic takes the first game

Bulldog Force

Referee
Del Potro and Berdych both won their matches in the past hour against Kohlschrieber and Almagro. Del Potro will play Federer/Tomic and Berdych will play Nadal.

At a key point in the match Almagro hit the ball at Berdych while he was up at the net. He immediately apologised, but Berdych didn't accept it. Berdych won the match and refused to shake hands and he got boo'd as bad as I've seen anyone cop it.
Incident in question...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzOfFhvuyYw

joshie

Live Update Team

I am going to want to see this asap! thats distasteful

Chip Bayless

Juniors
Tomic playing his hero - this is brilliant.

A win will be priceless, a respectable loss still worth it's weight in gold as he has put the world on notice and we're not out of January. Anything past R4 exceeds my pre tournament expectations. My head says Federer in three, at worst four. My heart says we have an upset on our hands and the fairytale continues...

p.s. Enough of the Channel 7 promos for MKR. Please.

Chip Bayless

Juniors
This could be one of the great matches in our tennis history. I just sense upset - I keep thinking it's Aussie bias and a few beers (this is probably what it is right? ;-) ). Tomic is on a free roll and Federer has all the pressure on him as he is expected to win. Win or lose, Tomic's breakout year I am confident will be this season as I've predicted. Tomic is better than I thought he was and will cause a stir in another Grand Slam or two before the year is out.

I am off lads, enjoy.

joshie

Live Update Team
This could be one of the great matches in our tennis history. I just sense upset - I keep thinking it's Aussie bias and a few beers (this is probably what it is right? ;-).

i have that same feeling - but it really probably is just bias ;(

joshie

Live Update Team
Tomic is going to produce something special i can feel it

i hope :(

federer lookin like he will take this 3 sets straight

Bulldog Force

Referee
Tomic started the match solidly, but the difference between seasoned campaigner and elite athlete is starting to show.