What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Australia Open Campaign

joshie

Live Update Team
Gael Monfils 7-6, 1-1 Marinko Matosevic

AND my man Harrison has taken the first set over Andy 'the Twat' murray! he is doing very well and if he can maintain the same style of play and continues to control the match, we could be in for a mighty upset!

Slackboy72

Coach
The babes aren't done yet. Aussie Sam's up now, but she's not the babe I'm referring to. I'm talking about her opponent, 21 year old Romanian, Sorina Cirstea.

Pironkova makes the rest look like lol@50uff$ supporters.
10jk0yg8s8f88g8k.jpg

Chip Bayless

Juniors
Like a deer caught in the headlights. I had her out earlier than most, though not round one. Stosur just doesn't handle the expectations at home well. You see her in interviews and she just looks shot. Disappointing and not good enough from a Grand Slam winner.

Last edited:

Bulldog Force

Referee
Well... that caps off a disappointing Summer for Stosur :( Such a disappointing run for our #1 lady! It's been quite a fall from grace for her since winning the US Open! At least we had a few ladies get to round 2. The last she can do right now is drown her sorrows... she needs to get back out there and keep practicing for the Fed Cup. I'm guessing she's in doubles? Can't confirm that!

Bulldog Force

Referee
Deer in headlights. I had her out earlier than most, not round one. Stosur just doesn't handle the expectations at home well. You see her in interviews and she just looks shot. Disappointing and not good enough from a Grand Slam winner.
Deer in headlights :oops: LOL am I the only one who finds that amusing?? I've never heard that term before... but I get what it means already :lol: LOL you have no idea what you've done to me dude... out the window goes "Stone the crows" and "OMG"... that's all been replaced with "Deer in headlights" from now on LMAO :lol:

joshie

Live Update Team
your a crack up bulldog haha

and harrison is getting his now, 2-1 is the set tally to Murray but Harrison is up 1-0 in games in the fourth set.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Looks like Murray might take this one out - currently leads 3-1. Looks like experience has come into play. Still take nothing away from Harrison - he'll only get better with more experience and court time. He's taken the world #4 to his limit.

With all these lovely ladies coming from Russian, Romania, Czech, Ukraine, Bulgaria and Belarus (all Eastern Europe), you wonder how the hell Italy are the current Fed Cup champions. Those countries swamp the WTA tour with their stars!

joshie

Live Update Team
yeah Harrison has done very well! impressed me well and truly, still in this if he can find SOMETHING

and tennis really encourages me to go backpacking around europe because of the beauties that play tennis. surly they must be an untapped gold mine haha!

4-2 to Murray in the fourth set

Chip Bayless

Juniors
Deer in headlights :oops: LOL am I the only one who finds that amusing?? I've never heard that term before... but I get what it means already :lol: LOL you have no idea what you've done to me dude... out the window goes "Stone the crows" and "OMG"... that's all been replaced with "Deer in headlights" from now on LMAO :lol:

Twitter speak carried on over to the forum. Edit made to post. I have had editors who I wish took something so trivial the same way.

Small things right? ;-) Glad that's all it took to get a laugh around here. Someone should get Will Anderson on this forum, he'd finally get an audience and possibly a laugh.

Enjoy tonight's tennis, should be good.

joshie

Live Update Team
Good win after first set scare. Standard Murray. Will warm to task and make semi-finals.

hope not....

but he did come back well, because Ryan Harrison had some amazing pace and structure. he really put the pressure on Murray but that never changed, Murray adapted. Harrison is a player to watch for the future.

so what is the picks for tonight matches gang? and are you game enough to try and pick scores? :crazy:

Bulldog Force

Referee
so what is the picks for tonight matches gang? and are you game enough to try and pick scores? :crazy:
Can't guess the scores. To be honest I thought Hewitt would be eliminated in 4. Not happening though because he's won the first 2 :eek:

Looks like our #2 player, Matt Ebden had a cruisy win over Souza, 6-3, 7-6, 6-2. Good work from the young bloke.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
I was at the ground today, particularly for both Murray and Roddick's games.

Definitely Murray was lucky he looked well out of sorts, I thought during the first and pretty much hung on as it went further, but I was pretty impressed with Harrison though. Looks decent.