What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Bundy Cup

Roland

Juniors
Sydney Shield results today:

Wenty 82 Mounties 10
Cabra 34 St Johns 24
Hills 32 Guildford 0
Auburn bye

Ladder

Wenty, Cabra 6
Auburn, Guildford 4
Hills, Mounties 2
St Johns 0

Roland

Juniors
Auburn 48 Kingsgrove 10

Ladder:

St Johns 6
Wenty 5
Mounties, Windsor 4
Auburn 3
Entrance, Cabra, Burwood, Blacktown 2
Kingsgrove 0

Gas Panic!

First Grade
Auburn Warriors 48 Kingsgrove Colts 10

Colts just didn't get the opportunities early on, and made a few unforced errors when they eventually did. One or two possible suspect passes for Auburn tries, but otherwise a fairly comprehensive win. Auburn should have a reasonably good year.

No reason to think Kasey Badger didn't do a good job.

Auburn Warriors 48 Kingsgrove Colts 10

Colts just didn't get the opportunities early on, and made a few unforced errors when they eventually did. One or two possible suspect passes for Auburn tries, but otherwise a fairly comprehensive win. Auburn should have a reasonably good year.

No reason to think Kasey Badger didn't do a good job.

Kingsgrove completed 3 sets in the 1st half, with one of those being a try. Apparently they were worse the week before against Blacktown. Unfortunatley can't see them winning a match this season

Roland

Juniors
The NSWRL arranged a "split" round where there no games last weekend as the first week of the split, but next week the split round will have all 5 games.

Roland

Juniors
This week there are 2 quality games on saturday, St Johns vs Wenty at Belmore and Auburn v Cabra at Lidcombe.

For the other games I predict Entrance by 30 vs Kingsgrove, Mounties by 40 vs Burwood and Windsor by 60 vs Blacktown.

This week there are 2 quality games on saturday, St Johns vs Wenty at Belmore and Auburn v Cabra at Lidcombe.

For the other games I predict Entrance by 30 vs Kingsgrove, Mounties by 40 vs Burwood and Windsor by 60 vs Blacktown.

I think Wenty will beat St Johns, Auburn to beat Cabra.

Also i think Kingsgrove will go alot better but i still expect The Entrance to win, have to agree with your other predictions Roland they will be blow outs.

Roland

Juniors
Todays results:

St Hohns 26 Wenty 16
Mounties 38 Burwood 30
Cabra 20 Auburn 18
Windsor 60 Blacktown 10

Kingsgrove vs Entrance tomorrow.

Much improved performance from Burwood. They had 6 players in jerseys 18 to 25 and the Mounties ground announcer only turns up for the NSW Cup so I cant tell if Burwood have some new players,

In Sydney Shield:

Wenty 58 St Johns 16
Mounties 62 Guildford 6
Auburn 44 Cabra 34

Auburn and Cabra was a great game of footy. Very physical with Cabra getting the cash 20-18.

Auburn had a chance to win it in the last minute but were held up over the line.

Cabra had Blake Lazarus and Nick Eshman from Newtown playing.

Cabramatta Two Blues 20
Tries: H Katoa, S Brunton, S Aiga, W Beh
Goals: B Cavallaro 2/4

Auburn Warriors 18
Tries: C Nye, T Shelley, J Portlock
Goals: J Taufaao 3/3

Auburn Warriors
1. Cliff Nye
2. Hillal Kara-Ali
3. Josh Portlock
19. Kose Lelei
5. Jason Gray
18. Mika Faamausili
7. Joel Taufaao
8. Sione Tovo
9. Alex Engelen
17. Sione Kaafi
11. Dean McGlinchey
12. Fata Fotu-Moala
13. Henry Taufaao
Interchange
4. James Uhatafe
6. Tyrone Shelley
10. Hala Akaoula
16. Edward Lavulo

Cabramatta Two Blues
1. Sammy Aiga
2. Reece Jager
3. Hala Katoa
4. Francis Vaiotu
5. Louis Vaiotu
17. Blake Lazarus
7. Blake Cavallaro
8. Casey Ellis
9. Ben Ellis
16. Rhys Ellis
11. Matt Hall
12. Boyd Strickland
13. Wayne Beh
Interchange
10. Saulala Houma
14. Sam Brunton
15. Jason Thompson
19. Nick Eshman

Roland

Juniors
Entrance 38 Kingsrove 8

Table

St Johns 8
Windsor, Mounties 6
Wenty 5
Entrance, Cabra 4
Auburn 3
Burwood, Blacktown 2
Kingsgrove 0

Shield:

Wenty 8
Auburn, Cabra 6
Mounties, Hills, Guildford 4
St johns 0

Roland

Juniors
My view is that there are 7 competitive teams and the 5 will depend on which clubs get the points in the close games eg Cabra's 2 wins have both been by 2 points.

After another 4 rounds we should have a fair idea of pecking order.

Burwood can score tries but they need to stop the opposition if they are going to compete.

If Kingsgrove and Blacktown had entered the Sydney Shield instead of the Bundy Cup they would beat the bottom 4 in that comp but not the top 3.

Roland

Juniors
Burwood have recruited some new players:

Andrew Emelio -Ex Cronulla, Widnes, Bulldogs and Auburn Warriors

Trent Touma - Ex Newtown, Wests, Belrose and Southern Districts

Brad Commins - Ex Central Coast Centurians, Central Qld Comets and Sydney Bulls

Blake McLean - Ex Penrith and Terrigal Sharks

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
So after 4 rounds what are people's opinions about the sides in this comp?[/QUOTE]

I Remember The First Week of BRC I made a Bold Predicament Cabra & The Entrance & Mounties will Dominate this Season.. lol.. 'im Eating Humble Pie Now. But Great Thing The Other Clubs [st johns -Auburn- Wentys] have Stepped up to The Plate. Gonna Be a Great Competitive 2012 BRC Season..

parra_jesus

Juniors
St johns have spent big and have had big offseason recruits. The team they have now and the team that trained all pre-season and trialled are completely different .dont know how long financially they can field a team like that . Hates of to CEO George kurray(spelling ) he is a astute business man and has done well

slickrabbit

Juniors
Things stopping Burwood from being even more competetive is no NSW cup players coming down from WestsTigers, even though they do get a few fringe NYC players. They also have one of the smallest, if not the smallest, budgets.

Roland

Juniors
Cabra and Mounties will improve their points differentials significantly this week against Blacktown and Kingsgrove.

Burwood has improved its playing roster and should provide decent opposition for Wenty.

I am tipping Auburn to win a close one against the Entrance. Auburn needs the points or they lose touch with the lead pack.

I expect St Johns to continue their unbeaten run. Windsor are coming off 2 very soft games while the Eagles have good wins over Cabra and Wenty in their most recent outings.

Roland

Juniors
A half time blast from the coach resulted in Windsor lifting its effort to establish some respectability after a sublime first 40 minutes from compeition heavyweights St Johns provided a footballing lesson with 7 tries, 3 times back to back for a 40-4 half time score.

Arthur Little was absolutely dominant. Final score 50-18.

Other scores:

Cabra 50 Blacktown 16
Mounties 38 Kingsgrove 16
Entrance 40 Auburn 10

Burwood play Wenty tomorrow.

Roland

Juniors
If today is any indication, pushing Mounties last week might be the highpoint for Burwood. Their defence today was woeful. Wenty won 68-10.

Wenty had a pretty useful pack of forwards:

Nathan Armit
Troy O'Sullivan
Dean Rysko
Valu Nasio
Danny Howard
Peter Prime

with Walter Vaueu and Matt Hunt on the bench.

Table:

St Johns 10
Mounties 8
Wenty 7
Windsor, Entrance, Cabra 6
Auburn 3
Burwood, Blacktown 2
Kingsgrove 0

Sydney Shield

Auburn 32 Cabra 22
St Johns 26 Hills 12
Wenty 50 Guildford 18