What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Bundy Cup

Roland

Juniors
I went to the Kinsgrove game yesterday and was disgusted to see a bloody cement cricket pitch on the field. How can this happen? Where is the duty of care? What if someone hit their head on the pitch? I really wouldn't have been surprised if the players refused to play. Who makes these decisions of playing on a field that 6 year olds shouldn't play on. How can this field be Kingsgroves home field?

Cement cricket pitches ceased to exist in Sydney about 25 years ago. The synthetic grass pitch is the same thing that Wenty had exposed in the middle of Ringrose for many years.

Bow_rider

Juniors
Cement cricket pitches ceased to exist in Sydney about 25 years ago. The synthetic grass pitch is the same thing that Wenty had exposed in the middle of Ringrose for many years.
Synthetic grass laid on top of CEMENT. I really don't care what Ringrose had for many years. I'm not a Wenty supporter. The fact is this ground is not up to standard and an alternate ground should be found.

Roland

Juniors
Kingsgrove played several homes games at Norford Park, Sefton and a few at Hurstville Oval last year but later in the season the NSWRL allowed them to play at Beverley Hills.

Presumably if the other teams complain the NSWRL will be forced to act.

Kingsgrove are in talks with council about a ground. They have a couple of options but are waiting to hear back. Their clubhouse is at Beverly Hills park but i'm lead to believe all Bundy Cup fields must be enclosed, Beverly Hills is not. I was also told that Kingsgrove were given a season leeway to find an enclosed ground, this is yet to happen.

The cricket pitch was supposed to be covered by top soil, but from the earlier games the soil had been taken off so it was just the synthetic mat on top of concrete, very dangerous.

I remember in 2008 at Sutherland oval Cabramatta were not to happy playing Southen Sydney Sharks due to the cricket pitch in the middle of the ground. This was a proper turf wicket but it was rock hard.

This is a photo of the cricket pitch from the Kingsgrove game, as you can see it has been covered but the dirt has come off due to earlier games

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brydensharp/7087206051/

Gas Panic!

First Grade
Hurstville Oval would be the best option for Kingsgrove - however Bexley might be easier to arrange as I believe they play rugby league there already on weekends. Thanks for the insight Sharkie.

I was involved at that ground a few years ago as a trainer in an under 19s game. Worst ground I have ever seen in any level of football. If it was up to me I wouldn't let under 6s play there

Roland

Juniors
round 2

Mounties 30 Windsor 18
Auburn 14 Wenty 14
Entrance 32 Cabra 10

The winner of the St Johns vs Burwood game tomorrow will be the only team with 2 wins.

I had a look at the cricket pitch at Mounties after the game today. When you stuck your foot in it it was flexible. The players said it was not a problem. It must be a different technology to the pitch at Kingsgrove.

Hurstville Oval would be the best option for Kingsgrove - however Bexley might be easier to arrange as I believe they play rugby league there already on weekends. Thanks for the insight Sharkie.

not a problem m8, they used Norford Park for a bit last season. not a bad ground not sure if they have access to it this season

Just got back from the Auburn Wentworthville game. Very scrappy 1st half, never seen Wenty drop so much ball. Auburn scored 2 tries late in the first half to lead 12-4 at the break. They extended there lead to 14-4 with 20 to go and looked to have it in the bag. 2 late tries including one in the final 40 seconds to Wenty locked the game up. Fluke had a kick to win the game from the sideline but it went across the face of goal.

Auburn Warriors 14
Tries: J Gray, H Kara-Ali
Goals: J Taufaao 3/3

Wentworthville Magpies 14
Tries:
KJ MacKenzie, J Rika, C MacKenzie
Goals: A Fluke 1/3

Roland

Juniors
Cabra were understrength against The Entrance on saturday night as Matt Hall, Danny Barakat and Boyd Strickland all played for Newtown.

Hunted

Juniors
They won 32 to 10.
They scored firsty with a lucky try of a kick.
Kingsgrove hit back with a set play and made it 6-6.
Workers looked shaken up and a bit frazzled but only for a few minutes.
They got back into a rythem and just completed there sets and put points on the board.
Kingsgrove did not look like much on the day.
This week will be a good indication on how workers will go when they line up against Mounties on Sat.

Roland

Juniors
The draw was kind to Blacktown playing the other weak teams in the first 2 rounds. They lost 42-16 to the 8th ranked Burwood in the first game and then beat Kingsgrove, who will be waiting for the return clash with Blacktown if they are to win a game this year.

While the top 7 teams will bounce around from week to week you need to consider that Auburn reserve grade beat both Blacktown and Kingsgrove Bundy teams by a total of 56-12 two weeks before the comp started.

Sure it was only a trial but Auburn have already lost a game in the reserve grade comp so that indicates how tough it will be for those 2 sides against the Bundy teams.

Roland

Juniors
There are a few interesting names in the Sydney Shield this week.

Jarrad Roberts and Charlie Herekotukuku are on the bench for Wenty and Adnan (Eddy) El Zbediah is playing for St Johns.

A few Bundy cup teams would be happy yo have these guys.

Roland

Juniors
Huge game at Cabra on saturday night when the defending Premiers take on the competition leaders, St Johns.

St Johns will need to finish even in the forwards if their star studded mid field of Arthur Little, Damien Mostyn, Heka Nanai and Karl Filinga are to be given a chance to work their magic.

Ringrose hosts another important clash between Wenty and The Entrance clash on sunday

mono_mal

Juniors
Just returned from McCredie Oval where Hills Bulls inflicted Guildfords first defeat of the season with a convincing 32-0 win.

Hills led 10-0 at halftime and scored twice within the opening 10 minutes of the second half to put the game beyond Guildfords reach. Guildford were disapointing throughout with basic handling errors resulting in little territory or possession. The Hills attack also looked much more structured and cohesive, whilst Guildford looked to lack direction in key positions.

Roland

Juniors
That is a surprising result MM. I saw Hills last week and they conceded nearly 100 points in the first 2 games.

Todays Bundy results were:

Windsor 62 Burwood 18
Wenty 32 Entrance 14
Mounties 76 Blacktown 8
St Johns 28 Cabra 20

The match of the day lived up to expectations. Cabra scored early but St Johns hit back via Heka Nanai and good contest developed for the first 30 minutes but Cabra got on top in the last 10 minutes of the first half and then followed up quickly after the break to lead 20-4.

It looked like Cabra would run away with it before St Johns got back to 20-10 but Cabra extinguished the Eagles chances so effectively that the scored was unchanged to the 70 minute mark.

A few Cabra errors and a string of penalties finally allowed St Johns to cash in with back to back tries and another right on full time to maintain the top spot on the ladder for another week.

Auburn play Kingsgrove tomorrow.

Latest posts