What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a great cause but seriously TWO jerseys at 45 quid... that's taking the p*ss.

Better not show this to Manly or Canberra..... otherwise they'll come out with something similar.

MNDA_shirt.jpg

img.php

beagle

Juniors
Why did Parramatta replace the University of New England logo with.... a University of New England logo?

parramatta%20eels%202012%20home%20jersey%20back.jpg

Jarryd+Hayne+NRL+Rd+8+Eels+v+Tigers+8nTIXvx9ubDl.jpg

GAZF

First Grade
The detail may have been lost at distance in the original. The UNE logo is pretty small. Glad to see a blue box there instead.

GAZF

First Grade
Its good to see the NRL addressing an issue that has gotten way out of hand. I hope common sense prevails with the answers. Wish they had a jersey timeframe question though.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Did it

To sum up i think each club should have 3 jerseys- Home, away and one other designated as alternative/special occasion/heritage but ONLY 1.

Also put the players surnames on them and number the squad 1-30 or whatever

I said Warriors, Bulldogs and Dragons were my favourites as well

applesauce

Bench
Please vote for surnames.

This is our chance to fall in line with all other major sporting comps in the world, increase marquee players pay through jersey sales, familiarise our stars in non-heartland markets and reduce (only slightly) the "walking billboards" the jerseys have become.

Saint Doc

Coach
Voted 3 jerseys, voted Eels Souths and Warriors as the best (aside from Dragons), voted 'no' to Toyota Cup teams having different jerseys, 'yes' to surnames and 'no' to keeping numbers throughout the season

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Voted 3 jerseys, voted Eels Souths and Warriors as the best (aside from Dragons), voted 'no' to Toyota Cup teams having different jerseys, 'yes' to surnames and 'no' to keeping numbers throughout the season

This years souths jersey is the least favourite of their recent jerseys. Just something about it i dont like compared to previous years.

hellteam

First Grade
Surnames would be sweet. Only see it happening if players keep the same jerseys throughout the year though. Which I'm fine with - as long as it's squad numbers 1-25.

When I went to vote for teams with the best jerseys, it made me realise how poor many of them are. I voted for Dragons, Roosters and Sharks.

Saint Doc

Coach
It was a tough question to answer because for me:

Saints, Souths, Eels and Roosters are all great traditional looking jerseys

Warriors is the best of the modernised jerseys

Sharks home is OK, heritage is a beauty. Knights home is terrible but heritage is great. But it didn't allow you to specify

I agree with CC that this years Souths is a bit weird. I wish I had put Roosters in front of Souths now

BDR

First Grade
The only design I could think of that I actually like was the Dragons. There are ones I think are decent like ours, Sharks, Dogs, Eels etc but seriously struggled to think of 3 that are as good as they could be.

axl rose

Bench
A vote for surnames, but remove the upper back sponsor to avoid it looking all cluttered (never going to happen though)

seanoff

Juniors
they didn't really want feedback. there would have been a comments section if they gave a f**k.

the clubs should have 3, dark, light and heritage or special and that's it. if you walk past a TV and see a game, it's sometimes impossible to know who is playing. that shouldn't happen.

they shouldn't change much either from one design to the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts