What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
what if they also added thin white lines next to the black lines? no idea how it would look (possibly like shit, but it would incorporate the colours of the 2 clubs)
If I recall correctly they did something like that in their early days when Radisson Maine was the jersey sponsor. I'll see if I can find a picture.

LineBall

Juniors
yes but in order to sell jerseys every year there needs to be something different

Yeah I know. I'd rather the trigger for buying a new jersey be something else rather than a change in design. Possibly having players have their own numbers with name on the jersey could be a better way to go. Having a big name player sign for a club could be a trigger for merchandise sales, rather than every few years the jersey looks completely different.

docbrown

Coach
Then what homage do they pay to the Magpies?

Two jerseys is fine by me, a black and white and a orange and black.

Agreed. I think we need to move away from the 'Home/Away' concept and just have two jerseys - Main & Clash - with room for 1 other special jersey each season.

In Tigers case play in Black/White at Campbelltown, Orange/Black at Leichardt and then split up the others as required to avoid clashes.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Then what homage do they pay to the Magpies?

Two jerseys is fine by me, a black and white and a orange and black.

This

Id be happy if the Tigers just used the Orange and Black bands for home and the White and Black bands for away/alternate too.

Pity the ponytailed marketing gimps dont see it that way

Trentosaurus

Juniors
what if they also added thin white lines next to the black lines? no idea how it would look (possibly like shit, but it would incorporate the colours of the 2 clubs)
Kooga have a good template for that on their website. I think it would work. Better than any of the current Tigers jerseys anyway.

scaled.php

Timmah

Staff member
Still seems very Balmain-ish, I'm thinking equal width hoops of each colour

Panfas

Juniors
Kooga have a good template for that on their website. I think it would work. Better than any of the current Tigers jerseys anyway.
Here are 2 I quickly made up. 1st Magpies colours with a bit of orange, the 2nd Balmain colours with a bit of white

Attachments

• Tigpies 1.JPG
    Tigpies 1.JPG
    12.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Tigpies 2.JPG
    Tigpies 2.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 9

***MH***

Bench
Add a string to the end of it and it would look like a used tampon.............. :sick::sick:

Last edited:

rabbitohs95

Bench
Don't see why the Tigers can't just wear their traditional Balmain and Wests jerseys at Leichhardt and Campbelltown and use their alternate jerseys for away games.

Timmah

Staff member
I'm guessing that's for R22 v Roosters (Close the Gap Round)?

EDIT - Higher res:

indi.jpg

Last edited:

rabbitohs95

Bench
Souths are also doing an indigenous jersey by the looks

indi.jpg

Could you post that again, didn't send. Very curious as to what it would look like. Souths should have been the first team to incorporate and Indigenous Jersey, the Roosters beat us to it ffs....

Could you post that again, didn't send. Very curious as to what it would look like. Souths should have been the first team to incorporate and Indigenous Jersey, the Roosters beat us to it ffs....

Actually Souffs did have a "cultural" type of jersey in 2010 with aboriginal type of desgins on the sleeves.

south-sydney-rabbitohs-home-rugby-shirt-2010-s_1564_1_500x400.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts