What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrone Biggums

Juniors
Yup, maybe that will allow you to afford players, coaching staff and an administration that have an ounce of professionalism.

Afford players and a coaching staff?

Didn't know you were living under a rock the last couple of years. But you might've missed us throwing 550k at a halfback who had a 5 month purple patch, a ridiculous amount on a player that's not even half way through his mission and paid out the last coach that got us to a grand final just so we could hire a rookie.

If there's one area Parramatta isn't struggling in it's financially.

But i can see why you'd think we are. It must be weird for you seeing teams with money not splashing it all on going over the cap.

Afford players and a coaching staff?

Didn't know you were living under a rock the last couple of years. But you might've missed us throwing 550k at a halfback who had a 5 month purple patch, a ridiculous amount on a player that's not even half way through his mission and paid out the last coach that got us to a grand final just so we could hire a rookie.

If there's one area Parramatta isn't struggling in it's financially.

But i can see why you'd think we are. It must be weird for you seeing teams with money not splashing it all on going over the cap.

Sandow and the coaching staff don't have an ounce of professionalism.

Tyrone Biggums

Juniors
Say what you will about mistakes made in the past but as it stands the entire Parramatta Eels entity from the ball boy to the board/CEO are a rabble.

If anyone knows what a rabble looks like it'd be a Bulldogs fan. How many spoons you win last decade?

Too bad we can't just go buy half the leagues off contract players and cross our fingers that they turn good like you guys did for three straight years.

You must be chuffed that Folau is linked with you. What's it been...8-9 days since you last signed someone?

If anyone knows what a rabble looks like it'd be a Bulldogs fan. How many spoons you win last decade?

Yup, we've taken all the lows, nowhere left to go but up.

Isn't this your second season facing the spoon ?

Too bad we can't just go buy half the leagues off contract players and cross our fingers that they turn good like you guys did for three straight years.

:lol: Though you said you didn't have a problem financially.

You must be chuffed that Folau is linked with you. What's it been...8-9 days since you last signed someone?

Who the f**k uses the word chuffed?

I think its been 10 days.

Evenflow

Bench
Looks like shit.

Funny how the Dogs and Storm fans make up like 90% of the people that actually like it/think it's a good idea.

Good on them. When you don't have a cap you may as well make as much you can. What's the difference between being 500k over and a million anyway?

2rqkg7o.jpg

Tyrone Biggums

Juniors
Yup, we've taken all the lows, nowhere left to go but up.

Isn't this your second season facing the spoon ?

Difference between facing the spoon and actually winning it though isn't there... Not looking good for this season though admittedly.

:lol: Though you said you didn't have a problem financially.

That tends to happen when your coach is a joke. Players don't want to come. Don't tell me you think it's coincidence that two years ago you signed nobody's like Keating and Wright, and now you're linked with Internationals like TRex and Folau.

Who the f**k uses the word chuffed?

Sweet diss brah. Stop the fight.

I think its been 10 days.

Cheers.

Difference between facing the spoon and actually winning it though isn't there... Not looking good for this season though admittedly.

Yup, but facing it two seasons in a row is terrible.

That tends to happen when your coach is a joke.

Thats my point, the Parramatta coaching staff suck.

Players don't want to come. Don't tell me you think it's coincidence that two years ago you signed nobody's like Keating and Wright, and now you're linked with Internationals like TRex and Folau

Keating and Wright are playing good football under Hasler.

The only reason we've been linked to Folau is because the media need to write articles and our recent activity in the player market.

Trentosaurus

Juniors
I made a joke in the jersey thread about how awesome it would be if the Bulldogs did this. I f**kin' love Batman.

It's a disgrace that clubs can sellout their jerseys like this but it's Batman! :D

Tyrone Biggums

Juniors
Yup, but facing it two seasons in a row is terrible.

Thats my point, the Parramatta coaching staff suck.

You won't see me say otherwise... I'm not oblivious to the trainwreck Parramatta is atm. I'm not arguing that. If I was why the f**k would i argue it with some supporting the team running second.

All i'm saying is, is that your clubs recent history is almost as bad as it gets. Wooden spoons, SBW, Coffs Harbour, cheating the cap, losing that whole Family Club bs your board used to pedal so much.

Keating and Wright are playing good football under Hasler.

That says more about Hasler than it does about those two...

The only reason we've been linked to Folau is because the media need to write articles and our recent activity in the player market.

Exactly haha. Why wouldn't they link them to you. You manage to fit a seemingly infinite amount of players under that cap of yours.

cleary89

Coach
I made a joke in the jersey thread about how awesome it would be if the Bulldogs did this. I f**kin' love Batman.

It's a disgrace that clubs can sellout their jerseys like this but it's Batman! :D

I dont like the look of the jersey but i f**king love thenew batman trilogily. Nolan is a genius, love all his work. Seriously been waiting for the movie for ages plus hathaway as catwoman! Could have made the jersey look cooler though and lol at storm for sellig their soul for a quick dollar.

jonno_knights

Juniors
Aren't the Storm owned by News? why do they need a quick buck?...

Im borderline against teams fully changing their jerseys for charity reasons, I think it should be limited to socks/boots/tape/headgear etc.

But changing a jersey for a movie is beyond pathetic IMO. Out of curiosity how much money do they make from this advertisment? cause noone in there right mind would fork out $175 for one, surely. No matter how much you love batman.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Hahaha I said it when the bulldogs did it and I'll say it again. f**king joke. Selling their soul for a quick buck. Be happy to see all the dogs supporters saying how good it is when you have a shitty new jersey every week.

Thank god we have kept our jersey from ~ the 40's and don't come out with a new marketing gimmick every year or in bulldogs or storms case every week.

You mean the Dragons as in the club that turned it's red v pink two weeks ago? Or the one that has an indigenous pattern scattered all over it in three weeks time?

Every club whores their jersey out for one reason or another - commercial or charity. Even when the Dogs whored the jerseys out in 2010 and 2011, it was still for charity - all match worn strips were auctioned off.

I don't even think you could buy the jersey commercially, which it seems you can for the Storm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.