What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doga

Juniors
Geez there are a lot of bitches on this forum

I am pretty sure the same people moaning in this thread would be the first to ask where it all went wrong if a club who wasn't active in maximising their revenue went bust.

These initiatives are great for the game of Rugby League and especially great to the club itself.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Players have been walking billboards for decades, what's the problem? So some clubs might use 4-5 jerseys a season, wow a whole 4 changes over 26 games. Does it matter? I would love to see the NRL get in on the game, imagine the potential if they had contra advertising with an NRL ad played in every cinema in the country before a blockbuster like this. Would be massive promo for the game.

How dare the Melbourne Storm try and maximise their revenue.

The people complaining are just jealous their club cannot pull something like this off.

cleary89

Coach
Hahaha I said it when the bulldogs did it and I'll say it again. f**king joke. Selling their soul for a quick buck. Be happy to see all the dogs supporters saying how good it is when you have a shitty new jersey every week.

Thank god we have kept our jersey from ~ the 40's and don't come out with a new marketing gimmick every year or in bulldogs or storms case every week.

t-ba

Post Whore
Cinderella Man Souths kicked off the trend IIRC?

Good promotional work. Quite like the Jersey.

Doga

Juniors
Hahaha I said it when the bulldogs did it and I'll say it again. f**king joke. Selling their soul for a quick buck. Be happy to see all the dogs supporters saying how good it is when you have a shitty new jersey every week.

Thank god we have kept our jersey from ~ the 40's and don't come out with a new marketing gimmick every year or in bulldogs or storms case every week.

No one gives a f**k about your merged stain of a club

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought the jumper may have been promoting a new Debbie Does Dallas movie with that 'mess' on the front.

Imagine if it were promoting that, they'd fill the stadium with blokes keen to check out the halftime entertainment!

Tyrone Biggums

Juniors
Looks like shit.

Funny how the Dogs and Storm fans make up like 90% of the people that actually like it/think it's a good idea.

Good on them. When you don't have a cap you may as well make as much you can. What's the difference between being 500k over and a million anyway?

Pierced Soul

First Grade

yes but they used cindarella man as a sponsor, they didnt change the whole jersey because of it. similarly the shakrs had jackass 3 as a back sponsor , they didnt change the jersey to put knoxvilles head on the front

***MH***

Bench

Good promotional work. Quite like the Jersey.
Remember Parramatta's promo jersey for M&M's?
images

Looks like shit.

Funny how the Dogs and Storm fans make up like 90% of the people that actually like it/think it's a good idea.

Good on them. When you don't have a cap you may as well make as much you can. What's the difference between being 500k over and a million anyway?

• Your board is a rabble.
  • Your administration sucks.
  • Your team is facing the wooden spoon.
  • You have the worst coach in the NRL signed up for another couple of years.
  • You have the most erratic player(Sandow) signed up long term on big money.
  • Your star player Hayne is out injured.
  • Your most respected players are retiring at the end of the year.

Please tell me how well run your club is compared to both of ours and how your club is more innovative. :roll:

Doga

Juniors
I know you're in a bad mood because of the increased police presence at Dogs' home games, but no need to take it out on everyone else

You seen any dead Bulldogs fans at our leagues club?

Fatalities

St Merge - 1
All other teams combined - 0

Tyrone Biggums

Juniors
  • Your board is a rabble.
  • Your administration sucks.
  • Your team is facing the wooden spoon.
  • You have the worst coach in the NRL signed up for another couple of years.
  • You have the most erratic player(Sandow) signed up long term on big money.
  • Your star player Hayne is out injured.
  • Your most respected players are retiring at the end of the year.

Please tell me how well run your club is compared to both of ours and how your club is more innovative. :roll:

Yeah you're right.

Wearing some tacky shit with a fckn movie plastered all over it will turn things around for us.

Maybe we should go an "maximize our revenue" like you and the Storm....

Yup, maybe that will allow you to afford players, coaching staff and an administration that have an ounce of professionalism.

Tyrone Biggums

Juniors
And you don't need to remind me how cutting edge your team is.

No other team has even come close to your creativity regarding preseason bonding. And only the Storm have tried your innovative use of the cap.

Say what you will about mistakes made in the past but as it stands the entire Parramatta Eels entity from the ball boy to the board/CEO are a rabble.

Status
Not open for further replies.