What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bman26

Juniors
Aren't the Storm owned by News? why do they need a quick buck?...

Im borderline against teams fully changing their jerseys for charity reasons, I think it should be limited to socks/boots/tape/headgear etc.

But changing a jersey for a movie is beyond pathetic IMO. Out of curiosity how much money do they make from this advertisment? cause noone in there right mind would fork out $175 for one, surely. No matter how much you love batman.

As a huge Melbourne and batman fan I have. I'm also pretty sane.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Being nerdy / for everyone's interest, up to tonight:

Main jersey times worn: Manly 13, Bulldogs 12, Titans & Dragons 11, Storm 10, Eels Souths Tigers Raiders 8, Cowboys 7, Panthers Broncos Sharks 6, Roosters & Warriors 4, Knights 1

Alternate jersey times worn: Roosters 10*, Warriors 9, Broncos 8, Eels Rabbitohs Raiders 7, Cowboys & Panthers 6, Titans Knights Tigers 5, Storm 4, Bulldogs 3, Manly & Dragons 2, Sharks 1

Heritage jersey times worn: Knights 10, Sharks 8, Cowboys Warriors Tigers 2, Broncos Bulldogs Storm Eels Panthers Dragons Rabbitohs 1, Raiders Titans Manly Roosters 0*

Pink jersey times worn: Panthers 3, Broncos Cowboys Dragons Roosters Warriors Tigers 1, remainder 0

Other jerseys worn: Raiders 1 x ANZAC, Sharks 1 x Members, Manly 1 x ANZAC, Storm 1 x Battle jersey, Dragons 1 x ANZAC, Roosters 1 x ANZAC.

Aren't the Storm owned by News? why do they need a quick buck?...

Im borderline against teams fully changing their jerseys for charity reasons, I think it should be limited to socks/boots/tape/headgear etc.

But changing a jersey for a movie is beyond pathetic IMO. Out of curiosity how much money do they make from this advertisment? cause noone in there right mind would fork out $175 for one, surely. No matter how much you love batman.

They aren't for sale, also as Timmah said the jerseys worn are auctioned off to charity. The jerseys are only an advertisement, nothing else. The Dogs made some big coin with the Avatar and Star Wars promo's.

Timmah

Staff member
The Storm jerseys are for sale, a limited edition I believe.

LESStar58

Referee
Storm have taken the Bulldogs route - The Dark Knight Rises:

00034994-leadimage.jpg

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news-display/Storming-the-Knight/58835

Love it. Almost had a screaming fit when I got the email. Buying one on payday and getting it customised.

Saint Doc

Coach
Being nerdy / for everyone's interest, up to tonight:

Main jersey times worn: Manly 13, Bulldogs 12, Titans & Dragons 11, Storm 10, Eels Souths Tigers Raiders 8, Cowboys 7, Panthers Broncos Sharks 6, Roosters & Warriors 4, Knights 1

Alternate jersey times worn: Roosters 10*, Warriors 9, Broncos 8, Eels Rabbitohs Raiders 7, Cowboys & Panthers 6, Titans Knights Tigers 5, Storm 4, Bulldogs 3, Manly & Dragons 2, Sharks 1

Heritage jersey times worn: Knights 10, Sharks 8, Cowboys Warriors Tigers 2, Broncos Bulldogs Storm Eels Panthers Dragons Rabbitohs 1, Raiders Titans Manly Roosters 0*

Pink jersey times worn: Panthers 3, Broncos Cowboys Dragons Roosters Warriors Tigers 1, remainder 0

Other jerseys worn: Raiders 1 x ANZAC, Sharks 1 x Members, Manly 1 x ANZAC, Storm 1 x Battle jersey, Dragons 1 x ANZAC, Roosters 1 x ANZAC.

Dragons ANZAC counts as a different jersey? Exactly the same as home, except text under the logo and a tiny RSL logo near Reebok.

images

If that counts as a different jerseys then milestone players who have "100 games" or whatever embroided should cost their teams 2pts for wearing different jerseys to the rest of the team!

Fire

First Grade
Melbourne are smart.

We can safely assume that clubs make a profit of $100 on each jersey they sell (as many places sell jerseys for $70 when certain teams are not performing).

500 x $100 = $50,000.

$50,000 + whatever The Dark Night Returns are paying to have their film on the jersey.

Other clubs should do this but maybe limit it to one 'film'/charity/whatever jersey per season.

LESStar58

Referee
I wonder what Warner Bros are paying them. Is happilly have a jersey like this more than once a year's. We need the money to stand on our own when News dark off.

Evenflow

Bench
The first 500 already sold out. Preorder only now.

There's still only 500 being made/sold from what I was told. I spoke to Rugby Fever today as I had an issue with my online order and he said (at the time) the initial allocation of 200 were almost exhausted. I tried again as soon as I got off the phone and luckily I got through.

I can only guess they had a certain amount of each size in the initial 200 and for the last 300 they're taking pre orders and will make the right amount for each size.

Timmah

Staff member
Dragons ANZAC counts as a different jersey? Exactly the same as home, except text under the logo and a tiny RSL logo near Reebok.

images

If that counts as a different jerseys then milestone players who have "100 games" or whatever embroided should cost their teams 2pts for wearing different jerseys to the rest of the team!

Point possibly taken, although you could argue in the same track that Pink V is the same minus some red ink, and the indigenous strip minus a splash of red indigenous pattern.

You can interpret the stats I posted how you wish though, if you want to add one to Dragons main that's fine.

Saint Doc

Coach
Point possibly taken, although you could argue in the same track that Pink V is the same minus some red ink, and the indigenous strip minus a splash of red indigenous pattern.

You can interpret the stats I posted how you wish though, if you want to add one to Dragons main that's fine.

Well it's not worth arguing but the examples you provided are different, because the only difference is some text and a tiny logo. The jersey design is 100% the same.

If you want to break it down like that, the roosters jerseys are now different from the start of the year with isc in the shoulders and a sponsor near the neck. Dragons, broncos, knights, storm, sharks and raiders off the top of my head have all changed or added sponsors since the start of the year, which equal if not greater than the differences on the dragons ANZAC day "design".

Timmah

Staff member
Another R22 indigenous jersey, posted previously and supposed to be worn R13 but now set for indigenous round, when Souths will also have their indigenous jersey on:

482035_10151026154439593_663162775_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.