What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDR

First Grade
Was a decent idea but will look utterly horrible on the players...

Should have just done a little piece of text or even just an embroidered number 11 under the crest if they wanted to pay tribute

Zigwaa

Bench
A jersey with picture of hindmarsh wearing a jersey. What will they think of next?

Seriously though, i hope this doesn't become a trend coz it looks absolutely horrible. Great gesture, but poor execution.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
The culture in our game of using the jersey as the foundation for spruiking any and all causes really needs to change.

I'd be embarrassed by that if I was Hindmarsh.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
unlike the locky qld one from a few years ago at ekast theres some semblance of a face.

lockyer%20tribute%202011%20replica%20on-field%20jersey.jpg

mid you this was for the fans, not the players to wear. The tribute idea to hindy is great - the execution is messy, and i agree i think hindy will be embarassed wearing it. the rest of the team might find it funny

VictoryFC

Bench
Was a decent idea but will look utterly horrible on the players...

Should have just done a little piece of text or even just an embroidered number 11 under the crest if they wanted to pay tribute

Dont think it matters what it will look like on the players. Be surprised if its not done to shift jerseys, which will more than likely be sold in the run up. But to give it legitimacy, the players have to wear it.

If Parra sells 500 or so (assuming it will be for sale), then its a good outcome, while paying respect to Hindy.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Ugh, according to who?

Go get your facts straight, this has already been dispelled from other fans.

BDR

First Grade
Dont think it matters what it will look like on the players. Be surprised if its not done to shift jerseys, which will more than likely be sold in the run up. But to give it legitimacy, the players have to wear it.

If Parra sells 500 or so (assuming it will be for sale), then its a good outcome, while paying respect to Hindy.

I think it matters, this shit makes our league (and by extension, code) look amateurish and small-time.

Why can't our game ever have a shred of elegance.

Status
Not open for further replies.