What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
That means in 2012, Melbourne have had

- Main
- Alternate
- Heritage
- "Battle" (v Broncos)
- Dark Knight Rises
- Indigenous

Surely that's too many?

Frailty

First Grade
They've dropped the ball and not had a Women in League jersey...

Ironically, that would have been the easiest to have by simple changing the purple to a shade of pink...

The worst thing about the Close the Gap jersey is the symbol in the centre (I'm assuming it to be the Close the Gap symbol [seen below]) has just been disregarded to slap on the Crown logo...

card-full.jpg

no name

Coach
Ironically, that would have been the easiest to have by simple changing the purple to a shade of pink...

The worst thing about the Close the Gap jersey is the symbol in the centre (I'm assuming it to be the Close the Gap symbol [seen below]) has just been disregarded to slap on the Crown logo...

card-full.jpg

Exactly, the design isn't a good one but they've slapped a big Fu Ken blue box on top of it anyway.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
- Home
- Away
- Alternate
- Charity/Good cause

That should be f**king it.

I'd give them a bit more leeway than that since I doubt there's any chance of that happening.

Each team can wear a maximum of 4 different jerseys per year. One must be the home jersey, or main jersey. The other three can be chosen out of away, alternate, heritage and any number of charity/promotion versions. Heritage jersey can be only worn twice. Charity/promotional can be worn once. So pick wisely.

But you can only wear a maximum of four different ones each year. That would stop the stupidity and lack of consistency among designs.

I'd also make a minimum 3 year wait required between significant jersey changes. Alternates can only be used 2 years after a jersey change.

Would be nice to have a sense of identity with a jersey instead of a colour scheme for a change.

Frailty

First Grade
As a Tigers fan, I have to confess, it's not often I get to say this (about another teams jersey at least), but....

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA! WTF?! And really? What's with the hand reaching up for the 'Crown' logo?!

See my post... It was obviously designed with a close the gap symbol in the centre and then was just covered with the Crown sponsorship box.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
See my post... It was obviously designed with a close the gap symbol in the centre and then was just covered with the Crown sponsorship box.

Yep, did read, what I meant to say was that it just seemed very poor placement of the hand from 'close the gap' in conjunction with the Crown logo slapped over the top.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
It is farkin horrible

It is.
Every year, some team seems to find a way to bring out a worse design. How the hell do they do it?
Get a busload of graphic designers and hit them in the head with a box full of hammers for an afternoon?

Seriously, can't see a more awful design coming out this year.

Who in their right mind would buy those, or accept them as gifts?!

Status
Not open for further replies.