What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire

First Grade
Don't really want the job at NRL. I just wish they, and all clubs made better decisions when handling one of their most important assets (branding).

I see that's understandable. Yeah like you said hopefully it's a draft because it's just tacky at the moment. Still think some of your best work was putting "St George Bank" UNDER the V on your website...really hope someone at Saints has seen that, looks awesome.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
New logo of the National Rugby League.

get_tmi_image.pl

Found on ATMOSS. Lodged by the ARLC on the 13th July.

TM Number: 1502082

:-k

Looks a bit meh.

Green should be darker, the letters separated a bit, and where the football???

People wouldnt know what NRL is without a football in the middle.

Lambretta

First Grade
The new NRL logo looks wishy washy and a cheap copy of the cricket Australia logo.

GAZF's version was far better

supercharger

Juniors
US national colours are red, white and blue. I notice the NHL one is black and white/silver, perhaps to differentiate it from being identified as a US league, so maybe something along those lines.
Just on the NHL shield the dominant colour is silver in homage to the Stanley Cup.

Fire

First Grade
Take a look at the Brazillian one and Samoa has it too

Right you are. Nice work, cheers.

Also on Doc Brown's idea's, I like the shield he suggested. It looks 'old-school'. The NRL should go for an 'old-school toughness' in the logo in my opinion.

docbrown

Coach
You certainly love your old gold. Either black/yellow or black/old gold would be pretty unique.

That I do. I just think it's been ignored in Australian sport.

The NRL were trying to respect both countries with Green, Yellow, Black & White - but in the end it's a bit too much. Now they're suggesting that New Zealand doesn't exist at all. Also the Green+Gold thing has been done. Same with the Red+White+Blue.

I have a bit of an interest in heraldry. I'd love to see an old school shield design with that kind of regal metallic quality rather than some pop pastel futuristic nonsense.

So rather than a logo that looks like it might be in vogue in the year 2525 it should actually be a logo that feels like it could be 104 years old but also feel timeless - if that makes sense.

Regal Black & Old Gold + Old School Shield + Tough Lettering

Feel free to mock one up if you have the time if you want. I'd be keen to see it.

GAZF

First Grade
I modified a shield I was working on from an earlier project. Its a squashed version of the JJ Giltinan Shield.

Untitled-2.gif

GAZF

First Grade
As Docbrown said, its a pretty big snub to NZ if we go with a green/gold logo. Even more so than it was 15-20 years ago. The NRL, although an arm of the ARLC needs to brand itself as the Australiasian RL comp. Anyway, here's what you wanted, plus another 4 colour scheme and one for the bros.

Untitled-2b.gif
Untitled-2c.gif
Untitled-2d.gif

BunniesMan

Immortal
GAZFs logo is much better than the new NRL logo. Looks cartoonish, can't believe they paid someone to design it.

GAZF

First Grade
Personally I'd prefer to see the NRL go with a simpler design than mine. The general rule for an iconic logo is that it should be simple enough that a 5 year old can draw it. Complex elements are also difficult to reproduce on small scales. Having said that, I wouldn't mind seeing something similar to mine being used on jerseys for heritage rounds.

And I'll say it again, I don't think the logo submitted is the final version. It looks way too underdone for such an important logo and, given the general standard of NRL logos, sticks out like a sore thumb amongst other logos. What bugs me is the Australia focused nature of the logo. The green and gold plus the seven pointed stars is a real kick in the balls to the NZRL and Warriors who I'm sure would like to be represented. What's even more confusing is that the NRL (a multinational league) uses exclusively Australian colours while its controlling entity, the ARLC used black and gold! Switch it around and we have a winner.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Personally I'd prefer to see the NRL go with a simpler design than mine. The general rule for an iconic logo is that it should be simple enough that a 5 year old can draw it. Complex elements are also difficult to reproduce on small scales. Having said that, I wouldn't mind seeing something similar to mine being used on jerseys for heritage rounds.

You can simplify the design further, remove the shield details, move the football to the space above and enlarge the double chevron at the bottom. Needs some gold/filling out at the top but you get the idea.

dny0ig.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts