What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gazf you make a some good points, but how is a kid going to draw the west coast pirates logo (and it still looks good)...I still reckon your logo is a winner and should be the new NRL Logo (no harm in sending it to the NRL, you might get some good feed pack)......Also maybe have a NRL grand final logo with the Gladitator pic on it

macavity

Referee
Untitled-2a.gif

how are you not working in-house for the NRL?

GAZF's designs are mean as. A lot better than the cartoonish logo a few pages back. Only if the NRL took notice at them and used one of them. Would be sick as.

docbrown

Coach
I like where you're heading with these Gaz!

I had thought about Giltinan shield myself and I think it's what you should use.

I also thought about the Royal Agricultural shield too but then its shape is like ET the extra terrestrial -

RASShieldWeb.jpg

:lol:

What I was thinking though is that if you took the Giltinan Shield and incorporate a silhouette of this -

1963grandfinal16-224x300.jpg

Or with just key highlights to echo the original. It's an iconic image to the point where our trophy is likewise iconic. If it were possible to capture its essence in the simplest form then I think that means more than the southern cross.

GAZF

First Grade
I also thought about the Royal Agricultural shield too but then its shape is like ET the extra terrestrial -

RASShieldWeb.jpg

:lol:

Looks like a spade.

What I was thinking though is that if you took the Giltinan Shield and incorporate a silhouette of this -

1963grandfinal16-224x300.jpg

Or with just key highlights to echo the original. It's an iconic image to the point where our trophy is likewise iconic. If it were possible to capture its essence in the simplest form then I think that means more than the southern cross.

Very tough to simplify the image, especially given there isn't anywhere on my logo to place anything larger than the ball.

Anyway, I made another change, eliminating the 1908 and moving the ball up top. I much prefer the top two for the NRL by the way.

Untitled-4.gif

BDR

First Grade
I like the one on the top right. Simple, elegant and pleasing to the eye. Just curious though what is the shape you've put above the NRL and does it mean anything in particular?

I also liked the 1908 but it is a little bit hard to incorporate.

GAZF

First Grade
The shape comes from the top of the JJ Giltinan shield.

220px-Jjgiltinanshield.jpg

The 1908 is basically filling an empty space, works better without it.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Pretty sure any future NRL logo will contain the double down-facing chevrons as per the ARLC branding.

GAZF

First Grade
you could have the green and gold nrl logo on the australian clubs and the black and white nrl logo on the Warriors...

I'm sure a lot of kiwis and non-Aussies would rather not play with a green and gold badge and vice-versa. Although, with the mess that is international eligibility, they may not mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts