What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
In a move sure to turn GAZF bright red and induce further rage... Manly are wearing a diabetes round jersey this Sunday....

00041213-leadimage.jpg

The pharma company I work with are putting money into this. Good idea.

GAZF

First Grade
In a move sure to turn GAZF bright red and induce further rage... Manly are wearing a diabetes round jersey this Sunday....

What's next...male stripper round?

At least fans won't be paying out for a jersey. But team colored g strings, now there's a new marketing idea

I don't get how the snake relates to diabetes, is there a connection? Does the grey colour match the toes of an unlucky diabetic before amputation? I hear that next week the Bulldogs are bringing out a jersey raising awareness for arse boils and will feature a unicorn where the number should be.

I think this is kind of ironic considering what we're talking about mate.

Surely the Knights wearing a jersey which is instantly identifiable as a Knights jersey is more important for brand integrity (both for themselves and the NRL as a whole) than enforcing a silly rule and forcing them to wear something which none of the fans want?

With the ARL now in charge who knows if the 3yr rule will be kept, they might get rid of it completely once they have some feedback from the jersey survey.

I can't seem to get it through. Its not about punishing the Knights and their fans; its about enforcing a rule to discourage clubs from adopting terrible jerseys in the first place and avoiding this whole situation. If the new Knights admin has half a brain they'll stick with classic/simple designs in the future and not

this

1571003300556000.jpg

or these

newcastle_knights_jersey_300.jpg
140.jpg

or this
2010_nrl_newc_away_jers_400.jpg

or these
viewimagesmk9.jpg

Theres plenty of complaints in this thread about awful jerseys coming out every year and one of the main reasons is that the rules are flexible to chop and change. I honestly hope the NRL ups the ante to a 5 year rule for primary jerseys and 2/3 for secondary ones.

beave

Coach
Gaz, you do realise Snake has diabetes mate?

*edit, hang on, which 'Snake' are you talking about?

Last edited:

GAZF

First Grade
Gaz, you do realise Snake has diabetes mate?

*edit, hang on, which 'Snake' are you talking about?

Was unaware of that, I figured that they slapped a snake on because of Stewart. Still doesn't exactly say diabetes though, more like "look, a snake!".

Lambretta

First Grade
Short term pain for long term gain (for all fans). Try to view the issue without your emotional attachment to the Knights.

Maybe docking a competition point is the way to go if the sugar daddies think they can pay their way out of a problem.

I am not a Knights fan so no emotional attachment here, but the Knights have obviously received feedback from their fanbase early in the season letting them know that they love the heritage jersey and hate the blue jersey.

Maybe they based their decision on jersey sales, or maybe they just plain realised they'd made a mistake and the heritage jersey or a striped jersey is the way forward.

Either way, I'm glad the club has acknowledged that it made a mistake with it's choice of home jersey and they're keen to drop it. I don't have any problem if the club chooses to wear a jersey the fans love rather than one that is universally disliked.

GAZF

First Grade
I am not a Knights fan so no emotional attachment here, but the Knights have obviously received feedback from their fanbase early in the season letting them know that they love the heritage jersey and hate the blue jersey.

Maybe they based their decision on jersey sales, or maybe they just plain realised they'd made a mistake and the heritage jersey or a striped jersey is the way forward.

Either way, I'm glad the club has acknowledged that it made a mistake with it's choice of home jersey and they're keen to drop it. I don't have any problem if the club chooses to wear a jersey the fans love rather than one that is universally disliked.

Completely agree with everything here. However, the Knights should have had to wait until their 3 year period was up, just like every other team that isn't the Roosters (same deal with the away jersey). The real issue is that a jersey like their actual home one came into existence.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Those Cowboys jersies looked really good the other night.

Also the Manly jumper this weekend doesnt look too bad, depends on what shorts they'll wore.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
holy shit! how many jerseys does this make it for manly now? are they going to a special finals series one as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.