What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

beagle

Juniors
I guess we can confirm the Eels jersey ->

Sandow.jpg

you can also see the change of sponsor on the titans jersey if you watch the video at this link

http://www.foxsports.com.au/League/...183648271?subcat=1225914677120&site=FoxSports

That is the 2010 Parramatta heritage round jersey.

bobmar28

Bench
Apart from the ugly logo on the 2012 jersey, what is wrong with the Titans jersey?

The brown colour. When I think of the Gold Coast and the beaches the colour brown doesn't come to mind.

Regarding the hoops design seen on some of the super league jerseys I'm not a fan ... too club rugby.

Last edited:

Dragonwest

Juniors
Apart from the ugly logo on the 2012 jersey, what is wrong with the Titans jersey?

blended colour strips are terrible. Gold Coast have some great colours to work with and could come up with something special if the kept it simple. The majority of clubs have slowly worked that out.

Tigers, GC and cowboys (slowly getting better) still need a lot of improvement.

Agree that Wigan shirt is all class, a trillion percent improvement on last years pink monstrosity.

Not a fan of the new London shirts, too plain and for me they lack identity. But it's perfect for potential sponsors.

Catalans, reckon would be a grower on me if I was a fan. It's OK.... But nothing fantastic.

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
The brown colour. When I think of the Gold Coast and the beaches the colour brown doesn't come to mind.

Regarding the hoops design seen on some of the super league jerseys I'm not a fan ... too club rugby.

What brown colour?

blended colour strips are terrible. Gold Coast have some great colours to work with and could come up with something special if the kept it simple. The majority of clubs have slowly worked that out.

Tigers, GC and cowboys (slowly getting better) still need a lot of improvement.

The Gold Coast Titans jersey is one of the best in the league. It is a good looking, smart modern jersey for a young club.

We don't need every team running around in the same designs.

sheepbender

Juniors
What brown colour?

The Gold Coast Titans jersey is one of the best in the league. It is a good looking, smart modern jersey for a young club.

We don't need every team running around in the same designs.

True, not every team needs a V, hoops, 2 tone or a solid colour.. Titans jersey is a quality inspired design.. Teams could learn from them, not the other way around..

If anyone has an awful jersey, its the Warriors.. And then the Knights, then the boring vote goes to Penrith and Brisbane.. Tigers arent sure of their identity as yet, offering so many options.. Every other team has stuck to tradition and have decent jerseys..

jonno_knights

Juniors
Our jersey is shithouse. I'd the majority of fans, both of the knights, and league in general would agree the Henny Penny jersey, with the yellow numbers is a great jersey. Definately better then anything we've had in the last decade.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Our jersey is shithouse. I'd the majority of fans, both of the knights, and league in general would agree the Henny Penny jersey, with the yellow numbers is a great jersey. Definately better then anything we've had in the last decade.
Agreed. No matter how you look at or current jersey, it's shit. Last year it was shit. This year they've modified it slightly and if anything it's shitter. Next year it'll be shit too. Hopefully in two years time they'll change it and come up with something that's actually half decent.

I'm surprised no Newcastle fans have put forward the jumper you won the 1997 GF in. That was a good strip too, I think the Newcastle Jets are using it in the A-League...

Sean18

Juniors
Agreed. No matter how you look at or current jersey, it's shit. Last year it was shit. This year they've modified it slightly and if anything it's shitter. Next year it'll be shit too. Hopefully in two years time they'll change it and come up with something that's actually half decent.

This.

Hopefully they use the heritage jersey.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I'm surprised no Newcastle fans have put forward the jumper you won the 1997 GF in. That was a good strip too, I think the Newcastle Jets are using it in the A-League...
That strip was ok and the Jets are using it in the A-League, but personally I still prefer the heritage one.

Status
Not open for further replies.