What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locky24

Juniors
slightly off topic here, but reading that article it seems Alfie has had too many boozy nights dancing on tables and his memory is a bit off

'The 1992 decider against St George remains Bronco legend Allan Langer's most cherished memory, so he was quick to embrace the commemorative match. "We came from fifth place to win it (in 1992)," Langer said. "All the premierships are special, but being the first it probably rates as No.1."

you were minor premiers that year you twat, 1993 you finished 5th.

It was probably a Courier Mail mistake

sheepbender

Juniors
I Probably saw all of those games. I just don't remember seeing the brown colour on the jersey.

Cos you didnt, theres no Brown in the Titans colours you muppet... You dont watch footy at all mate.. I live in Melbourne, no footy at all, and I know the design of every jersey..

Nuke

Staff member
The last time I recall seeing brown on a Gold Coast jersey was in 1998 when the Chargers were playing a game on a mud-soaked ground. Brown mud was splashed all over the jerseys that day.

hellteam

First Grade
slightly off topic here, but reading that article it seems Alfie has had too many boozy nights dancing on tables and his memory is a bit off

'The 1992 decider against St George remains Bronco legend Allan Langer's most cherished memory, so he was quick to embrace the commemorative match. "We came from fifth place to win it (in 1992)," Langer said. "All the premierships are special, but being the first it probably rates as No.1."

you were minor premiers that year you twat, 1993 you finished 5th.

Courier Mail's stuff up probably, putting words in Langer's mouth, well bracket words anyway.

Canard

Immortal
Courier Mail's stuff up probably, putting words in Langer's mouth, well bracket words anyway.

Exactly what I thought at first.

But he is quoted as saying "We came from fifth to win it" and then ".. but the first rates as No.1".

beave

Coach
Canard, read it again mate

"We came from fifth place to win it (in 1992)," Langer said. "All the premierships are special, but being the first it probably rates as No.1."

I don't think the courier mail has quoted him wrong, IF that is exactly what was said above, Langer has a bad memory.

Canard

Immortal
Canard, read it again mate

"We came from fifth place to win it (in 1992)," Langer said. "All the premierships are special, but being the first it probably rates as No.1."

I don't think the courier mail has quoted him wrong, IF that is exactly what was said above, Langer has a bad memory.

Beave, Im agreeing with you. I think Langer got it wrong.

I said "thats what I thought at first", BUT

So yeah I reckon his memory is faulty from two many late nights partying at the Caxton.

Smiley

Bench
So are you sying Hostplus are the new sponsor. How much did that cost the club?

I'm not sure. Hostplus were their short sponsor last year so they might have upgraded their level of sponsorship. Move then likely Penrith just didn't want a blank spot on the front.

beave

Coach
Beave, Im agreeing with you. I think Langer got it wrong.

I said "thats what I thought at first", BUT

So yeah I reckon his memory is faulty from two many late nights partying at the Caxton.

Ah apologies mate, I misread what you said.

Spitty

Juniors
I'm not sure. Hostplus were their short sponsor last year so they might have upgraded their level of sponsorship. Move then likely Penrith just didn't want a blank spot on the front.

Nothing official from the club.

I daresay it's some sort of trial or a temporary arrangement which Hostplus have paid for. I wouldn't imagine Hostplus would be elevated above other more prominant sponsors, without a good reason. Surely Tony Ferguson (who would pay more for his sponsorship that Hostplus would) would kick up a fair stink if Hostplus got the prominance of the training gear gig over him, without playing extra.

Greg Z

Juniors
They have cut the V short but it's good to see the V back on RL jerseys.

Why mess with the current hoops. Finally I thought Manly had got it right and would stick with the home/away hoops forever (like souths).
I have done a photoshop of the 2012 design on Kieran Foran. Hope you like. It actually doesnt look that bad when worn. I hate the sleeves though. Should be all maroon. Just Sayin!

Attachments

• screen-capture.jpg
    screen-capture.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 70

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Saw Danny Buderus in the Knights jersey yesterday ... and yeah, it still looks shit...

LeagueNut

First Grade
Why mess with the current hoops. Finally I thought Manly had got it right and would stick with the home/away hoops forever (like souths).
I have done a photoshop of the 2012 design on Kieran Foran. Hope you like. It actually doesnt look that bad when worn. I hate the sleeves though. Should be all maroon. Just Sayin!
Since you're photoshopping, you should put him in a Bulldogs jersey :p

morris_magic

Juniors

nice jersey that one

Greg Z

Juniors
since you're photoshopping, you should put him in a bulldogs jersey :p

you ask and i deliver..hope you like. While i was at it i did a prediction of what a press conference may look like next year...enjoy.

Attachments

• foran dogs.jpg
    foran dogs.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 41
  • des-and-todd.jpg
    des-and-todd.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 39
Status
Not open for further replies.