What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker's Wild

Coach
You'd be hard pressed to find a Knights fan who wouldnt prefer our heritage strip over the hideous sports bra one.

bobmar28

Bench
When you say Brown, are you referring to the 'iSelect' logo, or the Titans colours, because the Jersey is Navy/Light Blue/Yellow..

I'll have to blame my computer. Navy looks brown. Still, not a fan of the jersey. I don't know why some clubs feel they need to change the design of their jersey every year.

no name

Coach
I'll have to blame my computer. Navy looks brown. Still, not a fan of the jersey. I don't know why some clubs feel they need to change the design of their jersey every year.

:?
The Titans have worn that jersey in 2010 and 2011. Only change is the sponsor.

bobmar28

Bench
:?
The Titans have worn that jersey in 2010 and 2011. Only change is the sponsor.

I don't remember seeing that jersey, but probably have without noticing the design while concentrating on the progress of the game. Besides, I don't have Foxtel. They don't get on FTA very often.

Re sponsors. I'd say that a club is entitled to make as much as they can out of sponsorship. If that means a large sponsor logo on the front of the jersey then so be it.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Titans don't get on FTA very often? They had 8 FNF games last year, equal third with Parramatta, Souths and the Tigers :?

Saint Doc

Coach
bobmar, seriously what kind of troll are you? You haven't seen a single titans game in 2 years? Maybe you might have seen their grand final qualifier in 2010? Or read a news paper with a photo in it? Or seems it on the "interweb"?!

Almost a stupid as coming into this thread and saying "ewwww Souths new jerseys are red and green, what new age marketing guru thought that would be a good idea?"

jonno_knights

Juniors
Titans don't get on FTA very often? They had 8 FNF games last year, equal third with Parramatta, Souths and the Tigers :?

Yeh, but how many Live in NSW? not many ppl bother watching the 9.30pm game, especially if they are out an about, or already know the result.

I know the dragons game before origin was live, not sure there would have been too many others.

BTW, i still know what their jersey looks like. If u read the papers, or watch the news u are bound to see it every now and then.

Timmah

Staff member
RE: the discussion previously on the Knights jersey... it wouldn't surprise me if last season the outgoing management deliberately commissioned a crap jersey design as a big "f you" to the new management, essentially sticking them with a design that they, nor the general public liked.

Hopefully Tinkler/HSG bring about a Jets-like or Henny Penny strip in as the main one from 2014.

Timmah

Staff member
HSG owns both the Jets and Knights, they've just moved the Jets primary colours to red and blue. A "Team Newcastle" sort of thing.

Soccer or no soccer it's a possibility.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
*refer to my avatar*

:)

But, I think they should go with our heritage one, but put a modern feel to it. I think macavity showed a link to one last year sometime. Will see if I can find it.

bobmar28

Bench
bobmar, seriously what kind of troll are you? You haven't seen a single titans game in 2 years? Maybe you might have seen their grand final qualifier in 2010? Or read a news paper with a photo in it? Or seems it on the "interweb"?!

Almost a stupid as coming into this thread and saying "ewwww Souths new jerseys are red and green, what new age marketing guru thought that would be a good idea?"

I Probably saw all of those games. I just don't remember seeing the brown colour on the jersey.

beave

Coach
Broncos to wear the 1992 Strip v Dragons in Round 5

The Broncos will wear their 1992 strip for the game.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ys-not-impressed/story-e6frep5x-1226186619150

slightly off topic here, but reading that article it seems Alfie has had too many boozy nights dancing on tables and his memory is a bit off

'The 1992 decider against St George remains Bronco legend Allan Langer's most cherished memory, so he was quick to embrace the commemorative match. "We came from fifth place to win it (in 1992)," Langer said. "All the premierships are special, but being the first it probably rates as No.1."

you were minor premiers that year you twat, 1993 you finished 5th.

Status
Not open for further replies.