What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAZF

First Grade
Given that we know the Hindy tribute jersey is the same style, there has been a missed opportunity.

NRL-PAR.jpg

applesauce

Bench
Given that we know the Hindy tribute jersey is the same style, there has been a missed opportunity.

NRL-PAR.jpg

Fantastic. Imagine the merch sales. I would of be tempted to get me a set of those shorts. What a great laugh, truly Australian and fits Hindy to a tee.

I hope the NRL come in and ban advertising on the sleeves & maybe the shorts. So f**king tacky.

GAZF's designs look fantastic with sponsors only on the front and back.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If done well doesn't look too bad. That sharks jersey tonight looks good with the sponsors incorporated rather than just looking like they are stuck on as an afterthought like storm's.

I would allow main sponsor on front and back with one sleeve sponsor and clubs can choose a charity each season to have one logo on the shorts.

100%green

Juniors
They do that and clubs go broke. If someone wants to put money into the club they are going to want prime advertising space.

hrundi99

First Grade
I hope the NRL come in and ban advertising on the sleeves & maybe the shorts. So f**king tacky.

GAZF's designs look fantastic with sponsors only on the front and back.

Like a broken record...don't you get it yet?

Why should the clubs turn away $400k plus?

Buy a retro jersey if you don't like it.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
If they can't negotiate higher prices with one or two premium sponsors thanks to exclusivity then they should f**k off out of the NRL in 2012 and go back to CRL meat raffles in the 70's...

Joker's Wild

Coach
If they can't negotiate higher prices with one or two premium sponsors thanks to exclusivity then they should f**k off out of the NRL in 2012 and go back to CRL meat raffles in the 70's...

broncos_away.jpg

Jersey front: NRMA
Sleeves: First MAC
Jersey Back Top: Sporting Bet
Jersey Back Bottom: Hans
Shorts: Arrow Energy

Back to country league with you Broncos ;-)

100%green

Juniors
I'm glad some people on here have nothing to do with clubs or we'd be worse off!!!

I will bet that in the next few years even US sport will start showing more sponsorship be it on uniforms or on the actual grounds.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Joking???

no - stupidity

The Brisbane Lions have one front sponsor the size of a club emblem, a rear lower back sponsor and a small shorts sponsor.

The Queensland Reds have one front of jersey sponsor and one top-back sponsor. The sleeve sponsor is only on one sleeve.

This is the way the game should be heading.

But please, tell me how the NRL, which will 10 times richer than S15 and on equal footing with the AFL needs all of these extra sponsors...

lionswin420.jpg

132235-brisbane-lions-v-st-kilda.jpg

649688-queensland-reds.jpg

923366-queensland-reds.jpg

Joker's Wild

Coach
The Brisbane Lions have one front sponsor the size of a club emblem, a rear lower back sponsor and a small shorts sponsor.

The Queensland Reds have one front of jersey sponsor and one top-back sponsor. The sleeve sponsor is only on one sleeve.

This is the way the game should be heading.

But please, tell me how the NRL, which will 10 times richer than S15 and on equal footing with the AFL needs all of these extra sponsors...

lionswin420.jpg

132235-brisbane-lions-v-st-kilda.jpg

649688-queensland-reds.jpg

923366-queensland-reds.jpg

Its clearly not as cut and dry as you think mate, otherwise it would already be done

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Its clearly not as cut and dry as you think mate, otherwise it would already be done

this

how many clubs are actually making a profit each year? I don't know how much sponsorship is worth to AFL clubs or yawnion, but i imagine with AFL their phenomenal football club memberships help significantly with revenue streams

i don't think it's a case of clubs underselling sponsorships - you only get what people are interested in paying. and if clubs were that flush with money they didnt need more sponsors then they wouldnt be putting sponsors everywhere

i'd personally rather see less sponsors and more integrated sponsorship but it obviously isnt possible ath this stage

Danish

Referee
Perhaps if the Brisbane Lions actually allowed more sponsorship on their singlet thing they wouldn't be posting record financial losses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts