What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambretta

First Grade
1995%20series%202%20specials0029.jpg

This one??

Man, I thought that was one of our poorer designs

My favourite away jersey from the 90's was always this one

1996%20acectatae%20lam.jpg

Fire

First Grade
That dude in the Easts jumper looks like Brandy Alexander.

Hope Cronulla bring the Reebok jersey back. It has a traditional/tough look about it.

Fire

First Grade
GAZF, why don't they bring collars back? And I don't mean like Newcastle's this season, that just looks weird (no offense Newy fans). Surely with the technology/material and all that these days, collars could be bought back.

GAZF, why don't they bring collars back? And I don't mean like Newcastle's this season, that just looks weird (no offense Newy fans). Surely with the technology/material and all that these days, collars could be bought back.

I think it's for two reasons.

1) it's a fashion thing at the moment, just like in the 80's when vee neck jerseys were all the rage.

2) guessing players don't want them on their jerseys flapping around.

Frailty

First Grade
Collars were removed because it was easy for the opposition to grab on to...

Notice how the jerseys are also skin tight too now?

Danish

Referee
One of my mates bought one of those '82 white roosters jerseys a couple years back. Its a genuine players jersey as they didn't actually sell them to the public.

Would love to see it brought back as a heritage strip.

LineBall

Juniors

Following on from this - why don't they bring back 3/4 or full length sleeves. Makes it look more like a footy jersey than a t-shirt IMO.

Knightmare

Coach
I doubt sleeves will ever be removed- we'd look just like AFL players, plus what would happen to the all-important sleeve sponsor.

All this garb about no collars equalling less for players to grab onto etc. etc. is just marketing bullshit speak. If it were the case, no team wearing jerseys with collars would ever have defeated a team without collars on their jerseys. It's just the fashion trend at the moment, I have little doubt collars will come back in vogue at some time. Kind of similar to how 5 years ago those awful t-shirt collars were looking like becoming the norm, but the last few years have (thankfully) seen more of a return to the classic v-neck.

flippikat

Bench
1995%20series%202%20specials0029.jpg

This one??

Yep, I quite like it.

I recall Souths has a similar design with a red & green striped V a few years ago too - to be honest either of them would be nice to see again.

On the subject of Souths, I think they should get a totally different away jersey - not just change the side-panels from white to black (& vice versa).

Pick one as their home jersey and come up with a totally different light or dark alternate, depending on their choice of home strip.

flippikat

Bench
That '82 Easts one wouldnt work with sleeve sponsors

Dunno - I think it could, there is a little space above the hoops on the sleeve in those pictures - and the hoops could always be moved down the sleeve to fit a sponsor.

As the current Knights heritage jersey shows (with 'wrong' sleeve stripes), for better or worse heritage jerseys aren't always EXACT copies of the original design.

Zigwaa

Bench
Yep, I quite like it.

I recall Souths has a similar design with a red & green striped V a few years ago too - to be honest either of them would be nice to see again.

On the subject of Souths, I think they should get a totally different away jersey - not just change the side-panels from white to black (& vice versa).

Pick one as their home jersey and come up with a totally different light or dark alternate, depending on their choice of home strip.

It's so they can stick with their traditional hoops design but differentiating for their home and away sponsors.

Status
Not open for further replies.