What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

beagle

Juniors
Telstra Premiership logo currently on the NRL website.(in the match centre on nrl.com)

I assume that this would be the new logo.
picture.php

Last edited:

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
The jerseys you see at this point in time for next season often gets touched up before it goes to the field. I would say a few jerseys will have minor changes between now and the start of the season which may include the logo.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Yes LOL at the team with the most profitable jersey sponsorship in the comp. :roll:
:lol: I find that very hard to believe. And besides, it won't matter at all when you finish 9th and miss the semis ... again ... :lol:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
My issue with the souths jersey is the black or white side panels. The famous red and green stripes just stop, a little like a souths backline movement. The stripes should go all the way around.

As for sponsorship teams should be limited to a 1 front, 1 back and 1 sleeve. Here's an idea to CEO's if you have more than 3 sponsors wanting to get on the jersey rotate them week to week. It's not as if we live in the era where you only have one jersey per year.

My issue with the souths jersey is the black or white side panels. The famous red and green stripes just stop, a little like a souths backline movement. The stripes should go all the way around.

As for sponsorship teams should be limited to a 1 front, 1 back and 1 sleeve. Here's an idea to CEO's if you have more than 3 sponsors wanting to get on the jersey rotate them week to week. It's not as if we live in the era where you only have one jersey per year.

My issue with the Souths jersey is the similar to yours, with the black and while side panels, but it's mainly the fact that they're there to make the same jersey look different so that the same jersey becomes the home and away jersey. Wish the NRL would enforce on Souths the need to have a proper alternative away jersey.

Goddo

Bench

Stop making sense.

Adding more sponsors to jerseys is a bad move - yes it gets more sponsor dollars, but it takes away from the brand that little bit more.

And the more sponsors present, the less appealing the jersey is to buy and wear as a fan.

Bad move by Newcastle/Parramatta/Souths. I can't believe the NRL is letting them do it. Should have stricter rules regarding sponsorships.

Zigwaa

Bench
My issue with the Souths jersey is the similar to yours, with the black and while side panels, but it's mainly the fact that they're there to make the same jersey look different so that the same jersey becomes the home and away jersey. Wish the NRL would enforce on Souths the need to have a proper alternative away jersey.

We played in a white jersey against the Raiders last season being our alternate jersey.

We played in a white jersey against the Raiders last season being our alternate jersey.

Think technically that white jersey you guys use against Canberra is your "cultural" jersey.

09AlternateJerseyFeature-7773eac0-0451-4af0-8c80-9735675c7b34.jpg

The jersey with the black side panels is your home, white side panels is your away.

Cee 7

Juniors
The Souths jersey has hoops not stripes.

Also the cultural jersey is their alternate jersey [rabbitohs.com.au/News/Club-News/2009-Alternate-Jersey-Unveiled.html].

The Souths jersey has hoops not stripes.

Also the cultural jersey is their alternate jersey [rabbitohs.com.au/News/Club-News/2009-Alternate-Jersey-Unveiled.html].

The Souths jersey has panels down the sides of the jersey, underneath the arms that interrupts the hoops.

Taken from http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/Shop/Mens-Apparel/Jerseys.html
Home: is with black rabbit badge and trimmings
Away: is with white rabbit and trimmings
Heritage: Minties

No mention of the white cultural jersey..... but that's only used for the Raiders game.

Zigwaa

Bench
The Souths jersey has panels down the sides of the jersey, underneath the arms that interrupts the hoops.

Taken from http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/Shop/Mens-Apparel/Jerseys.html
Home: is with black rabbit badge and trimmings
Away: is with white rabbit and trimmings
Heritage: Minties

No mention of the white cultural jersey..... but that's only used for the Raiders game.

You could buy it in 2010 because I think they wore it more than once. They only wore it once in 2011 (in Canberra) so it wasn't made for purchase in the rabbitohs shop.

Although referred to as the "Cultural Jersey" it is still their alternate jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.