What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambretta

First Grade
QUOTE=Von;7896134]Can I ask your guys opinion on this 2011 Roosters away one. They only wore it once or twice this season.
I am thinking of getting one, but not sure. I am curious what others think...

http://jerseys.com.au/category13_1.htm[/QUOTE]

I thought the Roosters away jersey that was only worn twice was actually a great idea badly executed. The blue at the bottom should have covered a larger area. With all that Red at the top and mainly white shirt it ended up looking a bit St George. With an equal area of red, white and blue it could have looked like the French flag (which was probably the inspiration)

The original drawings in the Roosters member program had a shirt with equal colours to each stripe and looked much better than the end product.

Having said that I would happily wear it if I'd have bought it. But I decided on the heritage one from last year instead.

Lambretta

First Grade
Souths just wanna be Crystal Palace

8ktr.jpg

That, in my opinion, is one of the best looking football jerseys of all time
(and no, I dont support Crystal Palace)

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Hardly think its a joyous occassion to admit you can't sell your major assett

Why don't the raiders try and sell the jersey for $1m and give 100k to charity

I bet the charity would rather that anyway

Dont you think the Raiders arent trying? From what Ive read we have had offers but below what we are expecting , therefore the club has said it wont undersell the brand.

Im happy for the Charity to be there , much better than a blank jersey

FTR I hate the jerseys , the colour is ok but I hate the V , if it went further up the shoulder it might look a little better. I wont be buying one

Trentosaurus

Juniors

Why don't they just sell it for $10 million and set the club up for the long term?

It's because no one will pay it. That's the problem here. They're trying to make the best of a bad situation by promoting a charity until they can find a sponsor willing to pay what the Raiders want.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The Bulldogs did the same thing with Camp Quality in 2009 with great success. They've now got a very long-term sponsor on board as a result.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
I understand why the Raiders did it. But it comes down to 2 reasons the price is too high or the wrong people are selling the sponsorship

I would like to know how many meetings raiders have had in Sydney and Melbourne with the big corporates.

They need to stop thinking that an ACT company is going to be able to afford them

Ie Tradies, local liquor , Canberra milk, act tab etc

They are in a national comp , in the most watche tv sport in the country

Remember the brumbies don't even appear on FTA but get CA a massive international company as major sponsor for over 8 years running ???

no name

Coach
I understand why the Raiders did it. But it comes down to 2 reasons the price is too high or the wrong people are selling the sponsorship

I would like to know how many meetings raiders have had in Sydney and Melbourne with the big corporates.

They need to stop thinking that an ACT company is going to be able to afford them

Ie Tradies, local liquor , Canberra milk, act tab etc

They are in a national comp , in the most watche tv sport in the country

Remember the brumbies don't even appear on FTA but get CA a massive international company as major sponsor for over 8 years running ???

What price do they have on it? What price should they have? Which sponsors have they targeted? Who should they target?

Unless you have accurate knowledge on the sponsorship negotiations Canberra have undertaken, which I doubt you have, you have nfi.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
What price do they have on it? 750k + paWhat price should they have? $1m Which sponsors have they targeted? Act based businesses Who should they target? National and international brands

Unless you have accurate knowledge on the sponsorship negotiations Canberra have undertaken, which I doubt you have, you have nfi.

I have a reasonable understanding of what's going on there

What do you propose they do, have the salvos as a sleeve sponsor maybe st vinnies lower back

Maybe they all should all wear yellow wristbands as well

Even the charity they have chosen is an Eden monaro branch. Ffs they cant even give it away to a big name

devoid

Juniors
I don't mind those Raiders jerseys. Hard to be the original all green, but they still look like classic jerseys IMO.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
I reckon woolworths would be ripe for the picking to promote their Masters hardware brand

New venture needs exposure

Which club / code nationally will snag this key name ??

skeepe

Immortal
I have a reasonable understanding of what's going on there

What do you propose they do, have the salvos as a sleeve sponsor maybe st vinnies lower back

Maybe they all should all wear yellow wristbands as well

Even the charity they have chosen is an Eden monaro branch. Ffs they cant even give it away to a big name

The Raiders have always been about supporting their own area. Nothing wrong with supporting a local charity.

Status
Not open for further replies.